Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Followers of the unkind.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kingdramana

02-22-2015

I have been playing a few matches around and it has come to my attention that, lately, several people have been having this behavior of following others around. If they choose to follow you and you go bot, it doesn't matter if there are already three people there and you ask them to leave nicely, they will follow you there. If you go to another lane, they follow you. If you go to kill in the jungle, they also follow you. If you go back to the base they go back too. If they are walking ahead of you, they will go back to join and follow you.

Following other players is not a bad thing at all, but it turns rather annoying when they follow you everywhere but without attacking AT ALL. You are busy killing minions like crazy on your own and they would walk around you, doing nothing but to take the EXP without even fighting. Sometimes they are left alone guarding a turret and they would not kill the horde of minions that moves in to break it. They just follow you and barely attack other champion sometimes, just sometimes.

I would understand if they didn't know how to play the game, but I have seen that they buy good items and fight fairly well (I would say mid-experience) when they actually feel like, it also shows they do it only to piss you off as they would not respond to you no matter what. Pings, chat, talking nicely, it helps for nothing in these cases and it really ruins the match for the one that is followed, since it's really bothersome to have them on you when they don't even help you attack or barely do it when it comes to enemy champions.

They also have a tendency of using Annie, because of the cute jumping-around girl show, which only makes it all much more frustrating. Like it was a sort of tendency to do that just to bother other players, I really don't see the point, not the fun of it.

Of course I have reported those who have done this on my matches and I will keep doing it. I reported them and filled in with comments of what they were exactly doing, but my issue is the next: ''How do you actually classify this kind of behavior?'', I mean, how do you know in which category do them fit? They don't just ''Refuse to communicate with the team'', as they also bother you a bunch with the EXP gain. They don't go that far to ''Grifting'' either as they don't just go there to be killed although sometimes their lack of response gets them killed. I have been reporting them as ''Unskilled Players'', but as I just said it doesn't seem to be the case either, as the intention to bother and annoy is fairly visible.

I just want to ask how to deal with this. It requires a lot of effort to remain calmed and enjoy the match still despite it all and it's certainly not an enjoyable experience when I see several people do it. I just would like to get your opinions, to see if others have been passing through this too and how you deal with it.

Adrenalotr

02-23-2015

It's an odd problem you're having, something I haven't ever seen in the game.

I would report them for Assisting Enemy Team because they're effectively making you play a 4v5 and sabotaging your exp gains. Include a description of their behavior and why you find it bad when you report, so Riot has some context on the problem. I know WookieeCookie has said he enjoys reading those comments in the reports because that gives him a better understanding of why a player was reported. When it's stuff that's difficult to classify under a particular category, this context is especially important.

Kingdramana

02-23-2015

Oh, I see and understand. Thank you for your response and help. I will take that in mind next time as you are right there. I will always make sure to fill in a description when reporting, since I only do that when someone really ruins the fun of the game, either by harassing or annoying the team with this kind of behaviour or anything similar.

Thank you, I feel more relieved now that I know how to respond. Hopefully, I won't meet more of this kind of people, but if I do, I now know how to manage. Well, my doubt is cleared so I have no further issues. Just wanted to respond with something to return the kindness.