Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skin Balance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1 super haos

02-11-2015

Everyone applause Riot for having a great skin realising balance. Annie has got 9 skins and now she will have 10. Ashe and Sivir has got 7 skins and now they will have 8. Warwick has got 8 skin and now he will have 9. Yorick has got 2 skins, which are the 2 that he was realised with. SKIN BALANCE IS TOTALLY FAIR. If you know more champions that haven't got a skin since they were realised, please write them. ( Yorick was realised 4 years ago )

BigBadBadger

02-11-2015

Maybe they just have no ideas for more Yorick skins that they like. Making skins is art after all, you can expect an artist to create something good on-demand.

1 super haos

02-12-2015

Quote:
BigBadBadger:
Maybe they just have no ideas for more Yorick skins that they like. Making skins is art after all, you can expect an artist to create something good on-demand.

I mentioned Yorick because he is my favourite. Skins can be made for Urgot, Poppy or Zac. Champions that are rare and never played.

Dextix LT

02-12-2015

Quote:
I mentioned Yorick because he is my favourite. Skins can be made for Urgot, Poppy or Zac. Champions that are rare and never played

Thats the point, riot doesnt have an incenitive to create skins for unplayed champs, since those skins wont sell as much. We already have a free game, riot needs to make money, and its the easy way to do it. MAybe once they will become relevant, they will get skins, but until then, i dont think they will.

1 super haos

02-12-2015

Quote:
Dextix LT:
Thats the point, riot doesnt have an incenitive to create skins for unplayed champs, since those skins wont sell as much. We already have a free game, riot needs to make money, and its the easy way to do it. MAybe once they will become relevant, they will get skins, but until then, i dont think they will.

Ok, but Riot doesn't do anything to make the players to play those champions. They are like shadows.

Talonted

02-12-2015

Well, it's the players' choice in the end. Every champion is playable.
Zac could carry a game, for example.

Dextix LT

02-12-2015

I agree, every champ is playeable, but some champs are just weaker than others, and because of that not played often. And riot is slowly reworking some old champs. You see, riot wont make a champ popular, community itself and pro scene has to do it themselves.

For example jayce, before he was played in worlds, i havent seen him in game, after that he was for a month in my every second game, after that, he again, died out. Thats just how popularity works.