Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The attitude towards Poles in League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etesayo

02-06-2015

Hi.
Sorry if there was a similar topic. I'm from Poland. English is not my native language, so if I make any mistakes, excuse me.
I know League of Legends is a completely free game, which anyone with computer and internet connection can play. Let us not get into details, of course it won't run on EVERY computer. Anyway, I encounter this many times, that's why I wanted to address that on this forum - the rude attitude towards people from Poland.
I am Polish, I don't consider myself to be, because I just don't believe that nationality is an important aspect of my being. I don't find it useful. I respect my country. My mother tongue I find beautiful. Somehow, Poles are considered to be "noobs", "flamers", "feeders" in low divisions such as Bronze, where flaming is not a weird, unusual sight. So why should I care? Well, I just find it difficult to enjoy game when the amount of flamers is rising.
The thing that happened to me today. It inspired me to make this maybe meaningless thread. So, I wanted to play with my friend. She picked AD carry, Lucian, and I picked my main support, which is Blitzcrank. The reason why I'm saying this is because I MAIN Blitzcrank. I can sometimes easily predict where and when the person will move, that's what makes my grabs so deadly most of the times. Sometimes I miss, of course, that happens. In general, when I play botlane against typical "Bronzies", I am not pushed, but I am the one pushing it. Maybe I deserve to be in this division, maybe I don't, who knows.
Anyway, it was going great for us. I managed to get my AD carry some frags, because enemies weren't careful while going near the turret. In this situation grab plus Blitz's knock up is a pretty much death sentence. But I saw that our opponents weren't doing it on purpose. They tried to hide, they tried to fight us and they were in general not that bad. The picks themselves were questionable, because they chose Sion and Rumble, so that speaks for itself. But that happens. Of course that wasn't ranked, that wasn't a match that was going to decide whether they live or die. By the mid game, Lucian had 5 kills. After Lee decided to gank botlane, finally, and either Sion or Rumble died, he started flaming on all chat. Firstly of course it was an innocent "report bot for feed". I tried to explain to him that this is not what feed is. They weren't dying excessively, I saw many situations where botlane managed to get 20 kills within only from 20 to 30 minutes. I said, that they weren't doing it on purpose and everyone can have a bad day. I mean, you don't expect a Bronze player to be absolutely always amazing. Duh, that's why they are in Bronze, because their skills aren't that good. Plus, again, this was normal, not ranked game. Sometimes you try out a new champion and it doesn't work for you. I explained that to him politely.
For some time Lee Sin was quiet. Then after he died to Lucian, he raged even more and insulted botlane, Sion and Rumble. I asked him to not flame and again tried to explain the situation. Some Vel'Koz on the other team asked if anyone was Polish and I said I was. Then, what did Lee do? Of course he flamed. He insulted ME this time. I told him not to, because I don't insult him, but he kept on going. We of course won this game, but it was very unpleasant for me. Normally I don't look at things like that, because I know it will only ruin my mood. For example, when I asked why does he base his opinion about me on my nationality, he said that Poles (or rather "polaks", lol) are stupid and, quoting, "someone should drop a bomb on Poland". WTF?
When the game finished, I wanted to explain the situation. I was pretty pissed off, naturally, but I wasn't raging. I asked him why does he flame. He YET AGAIN insulted me, of course using the Bronzies most favourite insult of all time, "I ****ed your mother" with original "with sifilis". Then he suggested I should "get a ****ing life", calling me a "polak".
The point of this thread is to get rid of the anger inside of me and ask can't there really be a change to who can play League of Legends? What if that person doesn't get banned? How sure can I be that after I reported him he will be banned? Normally I don't care, but I'm fed up with that attitude. I'm insulted for no actual reason. This is 21st century for Christ's sake. I really want this Lee to get banned, because those people ruin others' game experience.
Sorry if that doesn't make sense. If anything is unclear, please ask.

Celebloth

02-06-2015

Sad to here it. Nice wall of text you have written
What you could do, is write his name up, and from time to time check out his profile, is he still active or not. But sadly I don't think you will get any feedbacks. On this Riot should work a little bit though, I would like to see the effectiveness of my reports, that would be nice.

As for the nationality, I never say where I am from, I am keeping to english in chats. My nationality is completely irrelevant. I think there are misbehaving people from every nation, and we remember those more.
I have friends from Poland, and they are cool.

Another tip, turn off the all chat, and you reduce the possibility to be flamed

Adrenalotr

02-06-2015

Your English is fine. Don't worry about that.

The whole Polish-hate thing is very unfortunate and unfair. And I have no idea what could be done about it.

I would recommend that if you can't convince someone to not flame the first time you tell them, the second time won't do it either, so you might as well mute them then. No need to keep talking to them.

Thierili

02-06-2015

Well what i heard from some Polish players, this game is very popular in Poland. The youngest players does not often use English and are swearing in their Native language - this is why do people remember them. And the young players from Poland are here a lot. Anyway, there is no official way to find you if the player got banned. If someone is flaming/blaming you, just simply mute him. Talking to him will make him rage even more and i gues thats not what you want. Sooner or later, chat restriction will find him :-) .

ReDevilSRO

02-06-2015

Lee is probably a 12 years old kid who is raging for no reason just because he feels he has too. Unfortunatelly a lot of kids got the oportunity to play this game,and even when they make mistakes they try to cover it by throwing the blame on someone else.
So they are flaming PL players because they are the majority of players on eune,and it's more likely they will see them use the native language.(this is the only thing i disagree,i hate when people speak in any foreign language,i even encourage players from my county to speak only in english because we are not on a romanian server or another country's)
Finally,you should not bother about what he,or others in future will be saying-since they are the dumb ones,not you because they say so.I agree it's unfair,i played with a lot of polish players whom i enjoyed playing with.Every single country has it's own bad players,and the flamers-just ignore them since they only wan't to get your attention,and report them after the game.

Etesayo

02-07-2015

Thanks for all of your answers!

I understand this is a game, it's suppose to be fun, so you shouldn't waste time on trollers, flamers and mute them. I do that, but that's not the case. I'm just really fed up with not only these acts of rudeness towards me or other Polish people, but in general. I try to report and honor as much as I can, but what does that do? I don't have any clue if this has an effect.
I also had a situation when I in fact insulted someone at the beginning of the game. Not proud of it, mostly I just keep to myself and write "gj" to boost my team's morale, but this time I wrote "idiot". Simple as that. The person that I wrote it to decided to feed. Intentionally. I was really suprised, but I kept playing. I don't remember if I apologized, although I think I did. For 10 to 15 minutes of game I did what I could. Played. But then, when I saw that I can't do anything, because enemy team was pushing our inhib turrets and I played a squishy Annie, I stood on a platform. Went to get a drink - the game treated me as afker and automatically logged me out. I understand that, there's no way around it. At the end of the game Fiora on top wanted to report me, only Ezreal was French, didn't know what is happening and reported Corki, and Corki himself wrote at the end (know that from my friend) "Annie is afk, great, now she will be banned for afking". I lost my ranked game. I got put in lower priority queue for 5 games. And I'm pretty sure this Corki didn't get banned. So getting a drink is a bigger crime than intentional feeding?
I'm one of those people who think it should really be changed - Tribunal. It should be more effective. No. Effective. Muting is another thing, because I'll deal with my emotions by myself, I'll deal with flamers on my own. How does Riot expect us to enjoy a game when they do nothing about those people that ruin this game for others?

Adrenalotr

02-07-2015

Leaving, idling, afking, disconnecting, and derping around in fountain is handled automatically because it's so much easier to Riot to detect. They're working on an intentional feeder detector that would be just as swift when it comes to intentional feeding. Punishment for things that aren't as easy to detect and analyze takes longer.

Tribunal isn't working. Hasn't for about a year. In the mean time, Riot has been reworking it and doing other things to misbehaving players, such as chat restrictions, ranked restrictions, and the upgraded LeaverBuster which caught you afking. It's funny how you suggest Riot does nothing about "those people that ruin this game for others" when one of Riot systems caught you doing something people are complaining about all the time - leaving. Riot's other systems are just slower because they have to have more data to figure whether someone behavior was okay or not, but feeders and trolls and others are still punished. Report them after the game so Riot's systems know to look at your game for examples of those behaviors. And do what you can to stay calm in the game despite those players.

Etesayo

02-07-2015

"Derping around". Well, it wasn't derping. I wasn't constantly writing "/dance" in chat, writing things that are irrelevant and distracting for others. I just went for a minute. Minute in which I wouldn't do anything. And yes, I'm not complaining about the system. It works that way. It's made to work that way and it caught me. It doesn't know if I went for a drink, it doesn't know if my waters broke or if foreign air forces started bombarding my town. It's of course much harder to caught someone who is flaming or intentionally feeding, because they would have to observe matches which in itself is ridiculous. I didn't mention this particular situation to complain about how the system works. I'm fine with those additional 20 minutes of waiting in queue. I could care less. I guess I haven't put enough stress on the BEHAVIOUR of that Corki and that's why you completely misunderstood me.
The second thing you wrote though is very useful for me. I didn't know that. But again you misunderstood me. I could care less about afkers. People that disconnect or rage quit. The whole point of this thread is a discussion about flamers. Of course, people that quit matches while they last also can "ruin the game for others", that's why in this case it could be my mistake, I shouldn't write that. It's too general.

I report as much as I can. I ignore, mute flamers. I was just asking if there is anything Riot can do about that, if there is something actually being done about this. Don't get me wrong, but only those three last sentences of your whole reply were somewhat useful. So thank you for them and sorry for causing you to miss the whole point of my "story".