Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elise current state

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tragic Positive

02-06-2015

Hello all.
This is a short one, I promise.

While I'm absolutely fine with Elise's overall kit, design and performance...
... I feel that her Q in human form should be addressed. Big time.

I found out that not using the ability at all improved my lifetime thousandfold.
It doesn't deal enough damage even to tanks. It's supposed to be a poke, yet her Spider W is better for that job. It would be a fine ability, if I could afford to use it for poke, but it's mana cost is absurd.

What do you guyz think about Neurotoxin?

N3KR0M4NC3R

02-06-2015

80-100 mana for the only reliable poke spell is simply atrocious. Riot had made the mana cost that high because she would be an extremely strong lane bully, especially against melee top laners when she was initially released. But considering that her other spells have rather low costs and spider form spells are free it makes some sense. In the jungle it is not that bad because of the access to blue and regen from jungler passive though, the cost is only high so that her laning phase is not too oppresive for bruisers

Tragic Positive

02-06-2015

But if I'm correct...
... No one has played Elise in a lane for several years. She has been hit hard with numerous nerfs that kept coming over and over again. Some of them well deserved.

But the poke is not even a poke as I see it. It deals roughly as much as 1 of my auto-attacks early game, and keeps stuck at this point for level 13 - where the damage is still insignificant.
And to cast an 80 mana cost poke that deals roughly 80 damage at level 5, where the target needs to be at full health in order to deal at least this amount of damage ... That's a bit weird. As I said. I felt much better not using the ability at all. Since I could afford 1 more poke through W that dealt much more.
Or have the mana for bonus stun.

I just don't feel any significant impact of Neurotoxin at all. At any stage of the game. The range of it is not enough for late game (the only place where it has it's potential at a peak) since poke is considered for abilities that are skill shots that are able to keep over 650 distance between you and the opponent front line.

And since Elise is more or less an Assassin... Why would you use Q on tanks anyways? You'd like to target squishies that won't even feel bothered by the ability apart from procced Rilay's Scepter Slow.

N3KR0M4NC3R

02-06-2015

While I agree q is not a pure poke spell such as xerath or ziggs q, it is still her main form of harrass and core part of her burst combo. The way it scales however, makes it obsolete later on (ratio is quite low) and can only be considered strong at mid game when it can his a target for 300-400 damage at full health, tanky or not. I wouldn't classify elise as an assassin tho, she is more like a mage-bruiser kind of hybrid. Either way her q is still the most efficient spell to max first simply because it is more reliable than w (shorter cooldown, targeted burst) and I dont think elise is going to be a viable solo lane pick anytime soon, since her kit works much better in jungle right now, simply because a smart lane opponent can stack pure resist and laugh at her damage.

P.S: Elise's neurotoxin upon release would cost 60 at all ranks, so her laning was extremely oppresive against bruisers.