Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Critical Chance, a new mechanic.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LesmicaTheDoctor

02-05-2015

I was thinking a lot about the current state of Crit Chance, and I personally think it's bad so it needs to be changed.
It's really bad that the current gameplay for most ADC's is based on Crit Chance.

Most of the duels/fights you are gonna win if you just simply get more Crits than the enemy.
And I've seen this A LOT of times.
Like for example, if the game was a game of normal 5v5, and both teams had the same composition, the composition that would win the fight would be the one in which the AD Carry Critted the higher amount of times.
This is absolutely maddening when your potential of winning is highly based on pure luck.

So, me and my friend came up with a new idea.
Why don't you make it that the Critical Chance STACKS each time you auto attack?

For example, if you had 50% Critical Chance, you would do Critical Damage each second Auto Attack. (1/2)
If you had 75% Crit Chance, you would do Critical Damage on 3 Auto Attacks in a row and then you would Auto Attack without a Crit. (3/4)
80%? Every 4 out of 5 Auto Attacks you would do Critical Damage. (4/5)
99%? Every 99 out of 100 Auto Attacks you would do Critical Damage. (99/100)
25%? Every 1 out of 4 Auto Attacks you would do Critical Damage. (1/4)
1%? Every 1 out of 100 Auto Attacks you would do Critical Damage. (1/100)
And the list goes on, you get my point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To explain it a little bit better, here's a full explanation for 75% Critical Chance:

You do an AA and you get 75%.

You do another AA and you get 75% + 75% = 150%.
Since the Crit Chance passed 100%, your Auto Attack will do Critical Damage.
Of course, since it did Critical Damage, the full Crit Chance is reduced by 100%, which gives us 50%.

You do an AA and you get 50% + 75% = 125%.
Again, Crit Chance passed 100%, your AA does a Crit Damage.
You subtract 100% and you get 25%.

You, again, do an AA and you get 25% + 75% = 100%.
Since the Crit Chance got 100%, you, again, do an AA with Critical Damage.
You subtract 100% and you get 0%.

You do an AA and get 75%.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From this point, you will probably understand what am I trying to do here.

This would make it a little more strategic, and if you had low amounts of Crit Chance, you would try to save those AA's for the teamfights or something. You would KNOW when you're about to Crit. It will not be RANDOM. This is my whole point. It will create counterplay too. I hope you at least consider implementing this or something similar into your game.

TL;DR - I'm trying to make Crit Chance not RANDOM, but predictable or should I say STACKABLE. If you wanna know what I mean by this, read the full description.

Tragic Positive

02-05-2015

I guess I get your point.
... But with predictable crit chance mechanics - it would get abused.
... Let's say that every single Vayne out there would go for 75% crit chance - just to get those 3 straight guaranteed crits off. Also - your enemy can't say whether you did a crit or not.
You can, because you can see the splash number of a crit.

I don't know. This system is not bad - but is way too easily to be abused.
Just think of it as Twisted Fate's E.
You know you can afford to go in with stacked deck, and you know you can't without it. But with a difference that you would be the only one to know.
Which is less fair that having it Random.

LesmicaTheDoctor

02-05-2015

Well, in the description I said:"I hope you at least consider implementing this or something similar into your game.", so I'm hoping that they at least change it.

Just look at this video from the 14-th second: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hck86fuuJrc
Doublelift won the fight because he critted 3 TIMES with just 20% Crit Chance.

I'm just saying that the current "Randomness" of Critical Chance is not good for the Riot's, so called, "Counterplay/Strategy/Tactics" or whatever you wanna call it.

Tragic Positive

02-05-2015

Quote:
LesmicaTheDoctor:
Well, in the description I said:"I hope you at least consider implementing this or something similar into your game.", so I'm hoping that they at least change it.

Just look at this video from the 14-th second: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hck86fuuJrc
Doublelift won the fight because he critted 3 TIMES with just 20% Crit Chance.

I'm just saying that the current "Randomness" of Critical Chance is not good for the Riot's, so called, "Counterplay/Strategy/Tactics" or whatever you wanna call it.

I'm aware.
But do you know how many trades/all-ins/fights have been lost because it didn't crit at the time you needed to? But those moments everyone ignores.

If Riot wanted strategy / tactics / balance in terms of counter-play - they would have never implemented such a drastic roulette system as solo-queue.
Because on EUNE - you mostly climb the ladder when you are lucky to get nice people into your team... Or in most cases - your enemy team gets more AFK toxic ******s than you do.

LesmicaTheDoctor

02-05-2015

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
I'm aware.
But do you know how many trades/all-ins/fights have been lost because it didn't crit at the time you needed to? But those moments everyone ignores.

Yeah. It's really dissapointing.

Quote:
Tragic Positive:

Because on EUNE - you mostly climb the ladder when you are lucky to get nice people into your team... Or in most cases - your enemy team gets more AFK toxic ******s than you do.

So true.

Enjutsu

02-05-2015

I don't know the specific, but some time ago there was an upgrade for crit chance and i think something similar was implemented

Kauski

02-06-2015

most retarted suggestion i have ever read about