Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should the game developers look into Ashe a bit?

Yes, Duh 8 57,14%
No, there is no need she is perfectly fine 5 35,71%
I don't care 1 7,14%
Voters 14 .

Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lion King Mufasa

02-05-2015

Hello
This is my first forum post be friendly please
So a friend invited me to play LOL, I played DOTA2 before but I must say LOL is much more fun and much more simple. The heroes are quite easy to play with very few exceptions and it's really fun when you make good plays, and it feels even better when you make a play with an immobile hero.
I have recently tied out Ashe-The frost archer and I must say she is very weak compared to all the other ranged AD heroes.

Her passive is pretty useless, it usually gets wasted on minions and since you will probably keep trying to get thoese last hits, it gets very hard to build up stacks in the first place.

Her Q is nice for the slow but it lacks creativity. It gives a slow that costs mana whenever you autoattack, but nothing else. No extra damage or anything.

Her W is okay, although later in the game it won't do any damage whatsoever.

Her E is not very good either, it's good to scout out dangerous areas, but I tend to get a "Scrying Orb" later in the game anyway.

Her ultimate is good, it's fun to snipe enemies across the map and secure a kill or finish someone off.

She is all around weak, Vayne for example has AD scaling on all od her abilities and much better base damage on her abilities, offering a much bigger threat. Additionally, Ashe has no gap closers or movement speed buffs wich makes her a sitting duck when she is collapsed on and it's very hard to make plays when your flash is on cooldown.

My suggestion is to Buff/Rework Ashe a little to make her just as powerful as any other ranged AD hero. I don't have any direct suggestion that I would want to share but I hope that you guys agree with me anyway.

Tragic Positive

02-05-2015

Greetings, Sir.
It's always good to see new faces here. So 1st of all, allow me to welcome you.

Now to get to the topic.
Ashe-The frost archer.

She is actually a pretty balanced Champion. But the weakest Marksman (Ranged AD Carry) available. Her damage output is the lowest so far. Her mobility is the worst so far.
But her utility and team support is far beyond average.

Her ultimate is a game-changer. Even in high competitive games Ashe is the champion who can turn the table and win the game in a blink of an eye.

That being said - Ashe is in a good spot, but she simply doesn't have the place in the current Meta of snowballing and "support the Carry" meta. Ashe is actually the carry that supports her team up.

I used to play her as an AD support - resulting in mediocre damage output, very high team utility, mediocre survivability, and unmatched potential through her ultimate.
That way - I maximized her ultimate potential raising it's cooldown to 46 seconds, maximizing the poke potential of her Passive, providing a very precious Scout ability, Providing Teamfight Advantage of permanent 35% AoE slow (since W had 2,4 CD), and yes...
I pretty much did everything I was needed to do.

Ashe is not weak, and does not require any buffs to obtain - but she simply does not fit the current game state.
But if you happen to find a friend to play with - I can suggest you a duo lane that you'd love for the rest of your life - viable even for Diamond plays (believe me - I've tried it).
Ashe Support + Xin'Zhao "carry".

If you'd like me to bring some in-depth explanation - just let me know =) That duo lane brought light into the League of Legends for me =)

N3KR0M4NC3R

02-05-2015

Ashe could indeed use a few changes, simply to put her up to date adc standards. Right now she is indeed more of a utility champion rather than damage dealer. Don't get me wrong she has above average range (600) and base dps stats for an adc, but her kit is simply old. 1st off her passive seems obsolete. Aside from a lv 1 sure crit which will be used to last hit most of the time anyway, it simply lacks any use later on whatsoever. What I would suggest is instead changing is so that ashe gets increased crit chance as long as she keeps using basic attacks on the same target, thus making her really shine in late game and compete with other strong late game ad carries in dps. Her q is fairly simple, yet decent. A good change would be to give ashe passively amplified damage on basic attacks against CHILLED targets (giving her synergy with other frosty champs as well). Her w ends up simply ends up beoming useless after early game since the scaling and base damage are terrible, so how about making it capable of critical hits in order to remain relevant throughout the game at least? Her e is fine as a scouting tool as it is right now and the passive bonus gold generation is not bad either, so I dont think any changes are needed there. Her ultimate is currently the only reason one would play ashe at all, but to compensate with all the dps increases in other abilities, it would be fair if the hitbox and base damage were slightly reduced in exchange of adding ad ratio and changing the damage to physical.

Enjutsu

02-05-2015

Ashe damage output isnt weakest it's actually above average.
The problem with passive is late game it's not as impactful, it can give big burst with certain build, but i wish it wasnt limited by the build. In laning phase passive is quite strong you just need to know how to use it. To make things easier when ashe passive is ready you'll hear a sound and her bow will start to glow, but you should kinda fallow how much it has stacked too.
Her q slow is quite a powerfull ability if you know how to use it too, mid game with some basic items i can kite anyone with too low range to reach me. I think i could kite some adc's with lower range too. I was able to kite darius and maokai not leting them to get close enough to use theyr abilitys to get me(or to me) closer.
E can prevent enemy from juking and just by farming equally against enemy adc you can still come on top.

Ashe may seem like a very basic and simple champion, but at the same time because of this simplicity she's a very hard champ to master and her playstyle is very different from other adc's.

Kauski

02-06-2015

ashe is stronger in teamfights than any other champ

Tragic Positive

02-06-2015

Quote:
Kauski:
ashe is stronger in teamfights than any other champ

Now this would be absolutely incorrect.
Simply because we have Jinx.

Concerning Enjutsu's reply:
Quote:
Ashe may seem like a very basic and simple champion, but at the same time because of this simplicity she's a very hard champ to master and her playstyle is very different from other adc's.

That is exactly the case. She is high skill cap champion for the same reason that Rengar and Shaco are. You have the potential, but you lack stuff. Which means that you are forced to outplay much mechanically stronger champions with nothing but plain and simple design. That's why her skill-cap is high.

Dopellsolder

02-06-2015

The only real difficulty I find at Ashe is timing and aiming your ulti. Otherwise she is noob champ as any other Marksman.

If we are going to measure difficulty of a certain champion we must take into account his whole playstyle,not only laning phrase.

For example playing as Singed (UP champion) against Riven (OP champion) is a lot difficult, but if we take into account Singed's whole playstyle, we can say that he is quite easy to play champion.

Benny Fischer je

02-06-2015

Give her a visual rework and ill be happy

Tragic Positive

02-06-2015

Quote:
Dopellsolder:

For example playing as Singed (UP champion) against Riven (OP champion) is a lot difficult, but if we take into account Singed's whole playstyle, we can say that he is quite easy to play champion.

Well, yes. The design is simple. But not rewarding enough.
That's exactly what I was thinking

Lion King Mufasa

02-14-2015

Thank you for all your posts, I have noticed that many of you keep saying that ashe is more of a suportive ADC, and that she shines in team fights. Now I must say something about that.
Ashe's damage is bad, in exchange she has alot of CC (for a ranged marksman) But there are champions that are far better in teamfights, and with far better utulity: Graves, Sivir, Kalista.
And if you're talking about kiting then I must add that there are much better champions out there that kite much better: Vayne, Kalista, Ezreal, Lucian, even Graves.
SO ashe excells at very little, and she still isn't even close to being the best at what she does.
She can assist allise from across tha map, but Jinx and Ezreal can do that too.

In conclusion I still believe ashe needs a rework in order to keep her in the game. She is picked in "Nemeses draft mode" becasue she is in such a bad state.
Of course there are alot more champions out there that are bad, but I hope riot games will look into it.