Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

MMR too high

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Dark Lord YA

02-04-2015

Hi, im gold 5 and i constantly get matched up with plat 5 and high golds but i still wont skip a division.

luriCos

02-05-2015

only if you win your promo you can skip one division but never a whole tier. I.e. You can go from Gold V to Gold III but never from Gold to Plat.

HowToCook Teemos

02-05-2015

I Confirm that

supermenas112

Recruiter

02-06-2015

I am silver V and i get matched up with Plat V ...

Eshu

02-06-2015

If it is not ranked then it si pretty normal - ranked divisions have nothingto do with normals and team builder. If it was in ranked then it was probably a duo queue with a weaker player to average their mmr.

Bast45M8e

02-10-2015

How long do we have to wait for MM to settle? How long did it take last season to move people to their true ranks?

Marb

02-11-2015

THC Skan

02-12-2015

Quote:
Bast45M8e:
How long do we have to wait for MM to settle? How long did it take last season to move people to their true ranks?

You move yourself not riot.

Bast45M8e

02-13-2015

Too much THC dude. Don't you really know what I ask about? And where I wrote about Riot?

I was G3 last season, currently in S1. I'm tired of present MM. Today I had game with 3xSilver + 1xBronze against 3xGold + 2xSilver. Those were their real ranks, from season 4. But sure, their season 5 current ranks are Silver... It's not really fair MM don't you agree? Games are very random, and I feel to have not much influence. In second half of season 4, when I was playing rankeds, people were already in true ranks. MM was connecting people with +/-2 divisions. Those were current and true ranks. Games were nice and balanced. Without random hardcore feeding and random throws. Sure I will finally promote, but I'm afraid it takes 29304093284093248 games, with this kind of RNG MM ;/

I guess start of season 4 was also broken this way. So I ask how long is this process, when people play rankeds and finally end in their true ranks? Two months? Three, four? Maybe half of year?

Edit: THC Skan, I just noticed your thoughs are similiar to mine, in thread: ello hell riot
: )

Eshu

02-13-2015

Matchmaking is not done by divison. you can get rolled together with a bronze or whatever if their MMR is similar to yours. He may have not grinded his division but still has MMR from last season etc...