Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Never ending chat bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bacon Dispenser

02-04-2015

So just to get this clear , I know you're gonna say I deserve these chat banned games and maybe I do , but hear me out , I got my first chat ban when I was level 9 , I was a toxic player and it was like 3weeks after the chat restriction system has been implemented , I got 10chat banned games and I didn't care much about it at the time , I went 0-10 in my provisionals and I got bronze 5 and as you can probably tell I was a toxic 5year old then , fast forward 300~ ranked games into S4 , I'm silver 1 and I start realising that I should stop being a toxic flamer so I can win more and so that I stop getting more and more chat bans (I didn't stop immediately I still had games where I flamed) , fast forward another 500~ games I'm plat 5 and I finished about 1.3k~ chat banned games already (counting the normals game I play too not just ranked) and I had completely stopped being a flamer and I rarely got any reports unless it was from some mad premade duo or something like that, I stopped at plat 2 because the season ended but honestly even if I wanted to go higher I couldn't.
The disadvantage of the chat restricted meant that I can't time flashes dragons barons I can't communicate with my support to tell him/her what to buy or how to play safe or aggressive I couldn't have my fun chats with the enemies when everyone in the game was a nice person, but when S5 began I started playing better and got to diamond , as soon as I got there I had like 10~ more chat banned games left to do , after almost 1500 chat restricted games I was sure this is the time when I'm free , what could be better right? finishing my chat banned games once and for all and getting to diamond.
But that wasn't the case, I got another whopping 1025 chat restricted games and I went absolutely crazy because I haven't even raged/argued/blamed/whined/or flamed anyone for the past 300-ish games and yet they gave me 1k chat restrictions, so I'm not really sure how am I going to finish them this time, and even if I did what if I get even more after that? what's next? I feel like I will keep getting more and more and even more chat restricted games even though I have drastically improved my behavior.
I'm sure none of you care about this , and someone will probably say 1% of the league community is chat restricted so no one should care about you , but this is just not fair, at least give me a goal that I can work towards finishing , not a random number that's supposed to be my goal then you just give me an even bigger number when I finish it.

Gòrre

02-05-2015

They don't reveal their system for a reason, it's got a lot of flaws. It cannot make the difference between "fu.ck[i shouldn't have died there]; fu.ck[you're bad i died because of you], if you know what I mean. You have to write the whole phrase "fu.ck, it was my bad sorry" for it to look positive or neutral in a way. When you're chat restricted it's like prison, you're not allowed to do anything but nice things.

WildsquirtIe

02-08-2015

Contact riot and ask them for a second chance.