Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

5.2 Fizz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N3KR0M4NC3R

02-04-2015

As of 5.1 fizz used to be my most hated champion. While his skill cap was decent, even the dumbest fizz player could win any trade in lane and one shot tanks in the late game due to how strong his kit was. But now he has fallen a bit too much out of favor. Q and W base values were completely demolished (dps fizz is kinda better now tho), his e has remained the same and his ult got a built in dfg now. So pretty much he has to rely on hisi ult more that before for (over)killing carries and now his trades in lane actually take some effort to win. The only thing that was uneccessary to remove imo is the active w ap ratio. Aside from that I think that riot balance team has made some good changes this time, balancing a previously broken assassin

Dopellsolder

02-04-2015

I think Riot finally decided right to balance one of the most broken champions - champions with the combination of high damage and high mobility.

Now move to Leblanc and Katarina. And then to maybe even more broken champions - cham. with the combination of tankiness and high damage, e.g. Irelia, Riven, Malphite,...

Benny Fischer je

02-04-2015

What i think of fizz right now that eraly he is just ****. His Q base damage is 25? and the AP ratio sucks too, like 0,3. I can do more damage when i just go and autoatack the enemy. No point on wasting mana on the Q, atleast early. Thats kinda overnerf.

Dopellsolder

02-04-2015

With lich bane, which I consider core item for him, his Q scaling is actually 0,8 which is pretty high.

Choda

02-04-2015

He still is semi/broken champion and his E is a broken mechanic soo still can't really calll him balanced but it's better then it used to be for sure.

Benny Fischer je

02-04-2015

How is his E broken, is zhonyas broken too then?

Tragic Positive

02-04-2015

Quote:
Benny Fischer je:
How is his E broken, is zhonyas broken too then?

If Zhonya is on 10 second cooldown, allows you to move and deals damage in a big AoE, then I suppose it is.
... But I'm afraid Zhonya does not do such stuff. Fizz is currently in a good state. The nerfs hit him quite fine. He is now more balanced then before, even though the only mechanic that was broken has been untouched.

Riot always changes numbers, but never the problems. But this one was addressed with needed attention.

N3KR0M4NC3R

02-04-2015

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
If Zhonya is on 10 second cooldown, allows you to move and deals damage in a big AoE, then I suppose it is.
... But I'm afraid Zhonya does not do such stuff. Fizz is currently in a good state. The nerfs hit him quite fine. He is now more balanced then before, even though the only mechanic that was broken has been untouched.

Riot always changes numbers, but never the problems. But this one was addressed with needed attention.

It's actually on 8 second cooldown at max rank, but it does not make him immune to damage, just untargetable ( damage over time or delayed burst will still apply). Taking away his trollpole would really hurt fizz's personal identity as a 'slippery assassin', so nerfing his absurd numbers was the best choice there. He can still burst a carry easily now, perhaps even better than before as long as he uses his ultimate, that fills the role of the main burst rather than just using it for overkill

Benny Fischer je

02-04-2015

Let me correct my self, his Q base damage on lvl 1 is 10.
1. Dont use Q at all
2. ???????
3. profit

BrkatheLegend123

02-05-2015

He deserved nerfs,the whole forum was asking for a nerf,and now you said that they overnerfed him, I don't get what you people want. He is now actually balanced,and fizz players need to think about their plays instead of just smashing keyboard and winning a game