Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yasuo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LAvNY

02-05-2015

The Yasuos ive played against or they i play with has been very good actually. After he hit 6 its very easy to pick up some kills in lane and therefore start snowballing. I have actually thoughts of him that i want to have him nerfed more. But it seems now like his weak. He is pretty weak early but as i said after he hit six and got some crit items his a true pain in the arse

Benny Fischer je

02-05-2015

Quote:
Dopellsolder:
His early game is mediocre (no resource problems, passive shield, easy last-hitting with Q, mobility to dodge skillshots). Example for weak early: Singed.

His ulti is indeed potentially game-changing, but reaching that potential is difficult.

And he is maximately mediocre-more difficult to play.

He is easy to pick up, its not hard to Q over there, E over there, ULT that...

But he is incredibly hard to master, no mistakes allowed.

Tragic Positive

02-05-2015

Quote:
Benny Fischer je:
He is easy to pick up, its not hard to Q over there, E over there, ULT that...

But he is incredibly hard to master, no mistakes allowed.

Same goes for every standard carry.
... Like Ashe, Kalista, Draven.
Tristana is a hyper-carry that is almost immune to assassins, so please don't bring her up. Similar to Vayne.

But Yasuo's skill cap is increased by the fact that his mobility is held by his enemy. If he learns to use it - than he gets the reward.

Benny Fischer je

02-05-2015

....and he is melee

Fújin

02-05-2015

Quote:
Benny Fischer je:
....and he is melee

Shhhh, being melee isn't an argument for some people. Those people seriously need to play against Kalista.

Tragic Positive

02-05-2015

Quote:
Benny Fischer je:
....and he is melee

And that's why he has a gap closer. Fixt.
Shall I mention he has hypothetically no cooldown and no limit on that?

Or that he has a gap closer on 2000 range ? Because you know - being melee is handicap only if you can't get to your target. And Yasuo has 3 ways to do it BY HIMSELF.
2 gap closers, and 1 spammable CC.

Melee AD carries need support from their team. Marksmen need protection from their team.
It's the same thing but from the opposite direction. Try to realize that

Fújin

02-05-2015

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
And that's why he has a gap closer. Fixt.
Shall I mention he has hypothetically no cooldown and no limit on that?

Or that he has a gap closer on 2000 range ? Because you know - being melee is handicap only if you can't get to your target. And Yasuo has 3 ways to do it BY HIMSELF.
2 gap closers, and 1 spammable CC.

Melee AD carries need support from their team. Marksmen need protection from their team.
It's the same thing but from the opposite direction. Try to realize that

And then there's Lucian, Tristana, Corki, Ezreal, Caitlyn, Kalista, Quinn, Vayne and Graves who can piss on your mobility if you don't have minions around. Some of them also have CC.

Btw, please read Yasuo's ult tooltip from this site and tell me it's range: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Yasuo

Tragic Positive

02-05-2015

Quote:
Fújin:
And then there's Lucian, Tristana, Corki, Ezreal, Caitlyn, Kalista, Quinn, Vayne and Graves who can piss on your mobility if you don't have minions around. Some of them also have CC.

Btw, please read Yasuo's ult tooltip from this site and tell me it's range: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Yasuo

Yea, I exaggerated. So what? Where's the difference? Does 1200 range on a gap closer... an INSTANT GAP CLOSER sound too little for you by any chance?

What kind of value has a question in type of "if there are no minions around"? And what if there ARE minions around? I ruined your point even before answering it.
And where is Lucian's Corki's Ezreal's (forget it - all of those you mentioned) doubled crit chance and 50% armor penetration? And which of them has an AoE CC on a 900 range that has 5 second cooldown?
And which of those can block Yasuo's attacks (because Yasuo can pretty much block their attacks. Ultimates included)???
Would you be so kind to explain what were you trying to show me? Because only Kalista can compete with Yasuo's mobility of those you mentioned. Just saying.

Fújin

02-05-2015

Quote:
Yea, I exaggerated. So what? Where's the difference?

Do you know why the media is exaggerating? To make things get interesting, to get people's attention, to control them. Is that what you are?

Quote:
an INSTANT GAP CLOSER THAT REQUIRES THE TARGET TO BE AIRBORNE AND WILL TARGET THE CLOSEST TARGET NOT WHOEVER THE **** YOU CHOSE sound too little for you by any chance?

Fixed.

Quote:
What kind of value has a question in type of "if there are no minions around"? And what if there ARE minions around? I ruined your point even before answering it.

So you're going straight for the answer ignoring the way you got it? You're missing the algorithmic thinking here.

Quote:
And where is Lucian's Corki's Ezreal's (forget it - all of those you mentioned) doubled crit chance and 50% armor penetration? And which of them has an AoE CC on a 900 range that has 5 second cooldown?

If you want true balance we should all play minions not champions. You're only saying what they don't have and Yasuo does, but how about what Yasuo doesn't have and they do?

Tragic Positive

02-05-2015

Quote:
Fújin:
Do you know why the media is exaggerating? To make things get interesting, to get people's attention, to control them. Is that what you are?

That is absolutely my sole purpose, Sir. I always dreamed of world domination through League of Legends forum of Champion and Item Feedback section.

Quote:
Fújin:
So you're going straight for the answer ignoring the way you got it? You're missing the algorithmic thinking here.

I'm afraid I just gently stated that your point was not valid - and therefore I didn't need to look for an answer. My algorithm could be brought into "stop" phase right after checking for meaningfulness - which was not present.

Quote:
Fújin:
If you want true balance we should all play minions not champions. You're only saying what they don't have and Yasuo does, but how about what Yasuo doesn't have and they do?

Most of them have Range. Which Yasuo doesn't. Which is compensated by several means of enclosing his opponent. Via deflection wall, crowd control or gap closers.

By the way - why are you trying to pretend that you want to control people through exaggeration? I don't think you need to be that desperate, sir. I'm aware that you read my posts where I stated that I support imperfect balance. Not a perfect bulletproof true balance game of chess where both players make their move simultaneously.