Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The worst troll i've ever met and I get the ban. GG rito.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adrenalotr

02-05-2015

Quote:
KKoolis:
Dude seriously , you say absolutely nothing. And you are not even one of Riot's. You just advertise Riot's system in every thread around here , i mean what the hell?

I'm explaining how the system works. Doesn't matter if I'm Riot or not. I've had all the same issues you've had with the system, and I've read Riot posts and played enough games to see how things work. If you're not cool with my answer, you can wait for answers from the other forum regulars. or, if you don't want an answer, you can jut wait for Riot to answer you. They tend not to do that on the forum.

Quote:
And "Statistically, players like that are slightly more common on the enemy team" , seriously? How does that even make sense? Both teams are made up of 5 random people who are supposedly marked as "equals" by the game's math. The enemy team has statistically worst players? Do you realise how wrong and non pragmatic this sounds? "Your" team is not special because you are in it , its a random occurence among thousands of other random occurences. Players who say my team always sucks are either total noobs , newbs or somehow stuck on low elo and cant get up because their heroes are too dependent on teamwork.

Wrong. Your team is special. Here's the simple version of why:

We assume you never leave, you never troll, you never flame, you never intentionally feed. That means there can be max 4 feeders, trolls, ragers, flamers, leavers, and other problematic players on your team. On the enemy team, there can be five.

You are matched with 9 players of approximately your skill. If there are problematic players among them, the odds are higher that they end up on the enemy team. Specifically, 55% for the first problematic player to land on the enemy team, vs. 45% on yours. Why? Because _you_ block one of the spots on your team.

In the same vein, if you _are_ are flamer, feeder, leaver, troll, or otherwise problematic player, your team will _always_ have one of those problematic players (you), which means you will lose more.

You team _is_ special. It's as special as you make it.

Quote:
I mean common , if you are gonna post something at least think about it before you quote it. Sounding smart and being smart are too very different things...

You mean "come on".

I don't need to sound smart. This is statistically verifiable. You can't have 5 trolls on your team if you're not a troll yourself. You can run a simulation. I have. Statistically, problematic players land more often on the enemy team.

And you can disagree with someone being being rude.

Quote:
Also you said that my arguement is a paradox. But it isn't. 1) My behaviour and his are nothing alike , you simply cant compare them.

Your behavior is punishable. His behavior is punishable. Both behaviors have appropriate punishments. Both behaviors make things worse for your teammates.

Quote:
2) Leavers do kill games and i can't stand them. But im not one. My leaves have all been disconects due to bad conection and every time i tried to reconect. Most of the times i would have made it but Riot's client simply kept on crushing. This is a problem i never had with dota.

This is a problem I rarely have with lol. Nor with my connection. Your connection is your responsibility. If most other players don't have this problem, the problem is not Riot's client, but some configuration of other software and hardware on your end. That's not to say the client doesn't have compatibility problems, since plenty of players have reconnect issues and other problems, but the majority of players don't, which suggests it's not the client itself that's the problem.

Don't make excuses. Find the problem, solve the problem.

Quote:
Also , it happened very few times and if there is a way to see my number of leaves , be my guest and check it out. Im getting 20 minutes of waiting time for 5-6 disconects. This guy ruins 5-6 games for people per day and gets nothing. Cause i checked his profile and his recent history is FLOODED with obvious intentional feeding games. I would share it as a proof but there is the rule of name and shame.

Finally someone that knows forum rules.

You're getting 20 minutes of waiting time for ruining the game for 20-24 players (not counting the enemy team). How is that not an appropriate punishment?

The feeder will be punished. Riot should be quicker to evaluate and take action against players like that. They're currently developing an automatic feeder detector, though I have no idea how that's going. But he will be punished. Check back on his profile in a week or two to see whether he's still playing and feeding in the same game mode.

Quote:
3) I didnt ruin anyone's game , i idled like everyone else in the team and while doing so i was searching for a way to bring the matter into attention here. Like player support etc.

If your teammates were idle, they too could be punished. LeaverBuster punishes disconnects, idling, even derping around in the fountain. Nothing stopped you from playing your lane and learning from it.

Quote:
4) I was not afk long enough to get the punishment. We simply surrender before i could press ok.

How long does it take to press ok? How long does it take to surrender?

Again, LeaverBuster doesn't punish you for 1 instance of punishable behavior. You get the warning after the first time, and the lower priority queue after a few more. If this instance was the only time you idled, it wouldn't be a problem. But it's not.

[QUOTE]So please , if you have nothing to say just let it be. I just thought there was a way to deal with it because everyone kept on bragging about how this game is super just etc. It is not. All i can do is move on and remember not to trust it.

This game has plenty of flaws, and the other regulars know I'm not happy with Riot's handling of a few things, eg behavior in Champ Select, communication with players. But the issue you're having is one where you're complaining about a just punishment (which is a mild punishment; prior to the new LeaverBuster you could have received a week's ban instead) and making excuses for it.

I say stuff because I have stuff to say. As do you. You're airing your grievances, and others here are answering them with what we've learned from playing the game and from reading Riot's sparse communication about these things. If you're not interested in discussing these things, why are you posting on a forum designed for those discussions?

RvvvvD

02-05-2015

See here is the problem, You guys are smart but same time foolish .. You forget the main problem and you focus in a senior one .. The main is problem is that we get 0 Moderators or actual True admins to respond on our problems with a solution.. Instead we get a generous players to respond back with Did you try reporting them ? Laught out loud is what i can say .. Like no sht ? NO SHT ?
So please guys stop fighting with each other and quoting each other to make your self look smarter by responding back better.. Please just stop we are here cause Riot dont give a **** about you and me and won't give a **** and reporting toxic don't do **** so stop asking us to do it over and over. and here is me and here is you and iam telling you all NO ONE WILL CARE about us simple as that.

Celebloth

02-05-2015

First of all, I was not quoting anyone, just had a few thoughts to your and 2 other guy's post. I don't want to look cooler, that is pointless.
Also, I am not fighting with anyone, why would I? I hate it.

The thing is, many people come here with the same stuff like: someone was feeding, someone was afk, someone was trolling, I DCed, got punishment.

We are trying to help, not being generous. Of course we ask that, because that is the only way to have a player punished in the most suitable form.

Then my question is, why are you coming to the forum and complain about guys when you reported them? Nothing you can write here can change anything. You have reported them, they are going to be evaluated, and get punished. But posting topics on the forum is not going to get you anywhere.

Because Riot has made a system to solve this problem, since massive amount of reports are made each day, and no human being could go through all of them. That's why people invented machines, to do the jobs for them, though the how they should work part was the human's idea.

You are mixing it up, not replying to a forum post of which a dozen comes out a day, is not equal to the not caring about us. They are, they provided us with the ability to report someone. I think that is caring.

Adrenalotr

02-05-2015

Quote:
RvvvvD:
See here is the problem, You guys are smart but same time foolish .. You forget the main problem and you focus in a senior one .. The main is problem is that we get 0 Moderators or actual True admins to respond on our problems with a solution.. Instead we get a generous players to respond back with Did you try reporting them ? Laught out loud is what i can say .. Like no sht ? NO SHT ?
So please guys stop fighting with each other and quoting each other to make your self look smarter by responding back better.. Please just stop we are here cause Riot dont give a **** about you and me and won't give a **** and reporting toxic don't do **** so stop asking us to do it over and over. and here is me and here is you and iam telling you all NO ONE WILL CARE about us simple as that.

Moderators and admin wouldn't answer. Their job is to moderate and administrate, not to answer every question and concern people raise. Other players, who have asked and/or answered a question before are usually qualified to answer... and we do.

Players often forget to report. When I see screenshots where the report button wasn't pressed, it suggests the player didn't report them. If so, they either don't know how the reports work, or they think the forum is a more effective way to report players (and it's definitely not). That's why we ask. If players don't report bad behavior, Riot's systems don't have the data they need to punish those players. Players who skip reporting and just come here to post a screenshot or make accusations are essentially throwing away their chance of alerting Riot's systems to that player, which does not make the situation any better. Not using the tools Riot has provided us with and instead coming to the forum to complain accomplishes nothing.

Riot has millions of players to care about, so they develop automated systems to do most of the caring because that's the most effective way to do it on this scale. There are more lol players than the population of many countries. So Riot instead develops systems like the LeaverBuster, that automatically warns players that leaving is bad, and after a few more leaves, punishes the player. They develop new punishments, such as chat restrictions and ranked restrictions, to punish players in ways specific to their offenses. This is to improve the behavior of the players. Isn't this caring?

Don't spread misinformation. You're badly informed about the system and how it works. Lyte on reports (http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2smys1/riot_does_reporting_for_intentional_feeding/cnr3f82):

Quote:
":
All of the reports do something, but it varies a lot.

For example, Intentional Feeding reports do help our Intentional Feeder Detection system which aggressively gives 14-day bans to intentional feeders. However, I will note that many players think someone is intentional feeding when they are just having a bad game so there's a lot of analyses that goes into the reports themselves and whether they are accurate.

Unskilled Player reports are used to inform matchmaking updates, but do not directly affect player accounts. For example, if a player is constantly getting Unskilled Player reports then our matchmaking system has wildly misplaced the player, so we can analyze those situations to figure out an improvement to the system. However, players are never banned or penalized for being unskilled.

The Rage Master

02-07-2015

Quote:
Adrenalotr:

Players often forget to report. When I see screenshots where the report button wasn't pressed, it suggests the player didn't report them.
Lyte on reports (http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2smys1/riot_does_reporting_for_intentional_feeding/cnr3f82):

HEEEY THEEEREEE!! ANDREEEEE!!!! YAHOOOO!

This is the usuall order of reporting for most of us:
First you need to TAKE the print screen,
then to upload it,
AND THEN you report, SO YOU PUT THE LINK IN your REPORT!!!!

So, the print screen you put in forum is the one you took to report the troller/flamer/afker etc etc etc..
Noone takes a second one just fo you and me.

i just can't see why u dont see this and always suppose they dont report.
Who would be SO brainless to post a whole THREAD with PRINT SCREENS and not report? Report is way easier than all these..

Celebloth

02-07-2015

Hey, calm down a little. And get ingame, can't talk to you like this....

For example, from my perspective, I report someone after the game if he deserved it, and move on. For me it is not a logical step to come to the forum and write a wall of text about a player that I have already reported. I know I won't achieve anything with that. This is not the place for it.

So naturally, we would try to help him to solve a more or less solvable problem, not effectively, but doing all we can to put out the fire. That's why we tell them they have to report after the game, because that is the effective way. Also forwarding them to the support is the other thing we can do.

Also they could be so busy with the screenshots and all that they completely forget to report. I sometimes forget when I took quickly accept the game invite. Happens.

The Rage Master

02-07-2015

Quote:
Celebloth:
Hey, calm down a little. And get ingame, can't talk to you like this..

Are you talking to me? o.O
lol.. i am calm.. i like using Caps when i humor others like Adre whom you know i like,=as u Cele :* and that's just my way of comnunication, no offence.

Also, i only commented the spacific part i quoted.

All the other things you wrote have no actuall point for me, if you answered to my post.
I didnt express my opinion in anything but the sentence i quoted.

P.S what do you mean "get in game?" you mean to log in? cause i cant i am at work now xD

Celebloth

02-07-2015

Yes I was answering to your post.

How am I supposed to know you are at work? You keep posting in the forums xD

Adrenalotr

02-07-2015

Quote:
The Rage Master:
This is the usuall order of reporting for most of us:
First you need to TAKE the print screen,
then to upload it,
AND THEN you report, SO YOU PUT THE LINK IN your REPORT!!!!

So, the print screen you put in forum is the one you took to report the troller/flamer/afker etc etc etc..
Noone takes a second one just fo you and me.

Many players have lost faith in the reports, and seem to think that posting the name of the offending player (possibly with a screenshot) on the forums will get them more results. I see many screenshots with the report button pressed. I see many without it, too. I have no way of knowing whether a player reported someone unless I see the button pressed in the screenshot. None of us do.

The Rage Master

02-07-2015

Quote:
Adrenalotr:
Many players have lost faith in the reports, and seem to think that posting the name of the offending player (possibly with a screenshot) on the forums will get them more results. I see many screenshots with the report button pressed. I see many without it, too. I have no way of knowing whether a player reported someone unless I see the button pressed in the screenshot. None of us do.

well now you know that at least a 60% of those print screens are before the report :P

And imo, no matter how we lose faith ..
WE REPORT THOSE ^$$GF@!FFF!@G&FG&^R trollers WITH ALL OUR BLACK LITTLE HEARTS

hue hue hue mua ha ha