Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RIOT just lost a customer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waradler

02-03-2015

I have been playing this game since beta, I spent about €100 on it, not that i need to have skins, but wanted to show them support.
I just returned form 3 months pause, because I wanted to see if things got better,...sadly they didn't

9 provisional games, I had leaver in 6 of them, do I need to say that I lost all 6 of those.
Playing last provisional game just now, and if I get to silver (or worse) and I probably will, I am done with this game

Community is pathetic, and there is no real punishments for leaving game, effectively ruining fun for other 4 people playing with you...
Used to be 1 in 10 with leaver, now more games got leaver than don't

Waradler

02-03-2015

yeah, I am done with this game
10 provisionals 7 with leaver
3 won 7 lost, form gold3 to b1

ty riot for good years but this is not worth my time anymore

Supertoaster

02-03-2015

Quote:
Waradler:
yeah, I am done with this game
10 provisionals 7 with leaver
3 won 7 lost, form gold3 to b1

ty riot for good years but this is not worth my time anymore

Ok, byebye then i guess.
Im fairly sure that Riot doesent care.
Funny tough, i only had an leaver in 1 of my placement matches and that game turned into an victory.

Waradler

02-03-2015

well they probably don't care
but i'm not gonna battle another 2 months to get out of bronze and silver hell

FearRaiser

02-03-2015

Playing from beta.. interesting. Dont think this as an insult but you must be really bad to be gold 3 after 5 seasons... and I got 8 loses 2 wins because of trolls i got to silver in no time from bronze 5 :P now im silver 3 im getting gold soon then to plat etc.

Onizuka

02-03-2015

If you are playing since beta but got only to gold 3, then you should spend you time somewhere else. It is more than obvious that you lack the ability to grasp LoL on at least casual level.

Adrenalotr

02-03-2015

It doesn't matter how good you are as long as you enjoy playing. You're matched with players roughly your skill so the games should be fair anyway.

But you're grossly misinformed about punishments. Every day there seems to be a new thread about someone landing in the low-priority queue for "only afking for like one minute in one, maybe two recent games". They have to wait 20 minutes longer before they can play. Isn't that a punishment?

I haven't had leavers in my placement games so far. At least not on my team. The thing is, if you're blaming losses on leavers, you should know you should probably attribute just as many victories to leavers on the enemy team too. The players you're matched with, on both teams, are drawn from the same pool of players. if your MMR is full of leavers, there will be leavers on the enemy team too.

Leavers are a problem Riot has addressed. LeaverBuster track disconnections, ragequits, afking, even moving around in fountain instead of playing the game. Maybe they can be more swift with the punishments? Maybe they can be more harsh with the punishments? But it's something they have a tool for, and from my point of view, with no leavers in my ranked games so far, it seems to be working just fine.

Onizuka

02-03-2015

Quote:
It doesn't matter how good you are as long as you enjoy playing.

Which clearly is not OP's case. Otherwise he would not threaten to stop playing.And he complains about his team.

Needless to say, the real issue here is player that played since beta peaked at Gold 3 last season. It is obvious OP is not talented for this game and taken in context with his frustration, it is only recommended he picks some other hobby, some hobby that will give him pleasure.

Waradler

02-04-2015

I am not threatening to leave, I left, uninstalled game and no pans to ever return.
LoL is one of rare free to play games that is not play-to-win, but issues with leavers made this generally fair game, totally unfair and not fun anymore.

As for my skills, I peeked at platinum promo twice, not that it matters at all.
And as I understood being gold is being among 20% of best players, but I might be wrong, I was quite proud when I got to gold, but its "refreshing" to see silvers trashing that

Waradler

02-04-2015

btw, Onizuka, you are gold player yourself, and with your current promo matches, I see you dropping to silver for sure.