Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do I play vs Yasuo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RandomNonsenseGe

02-03-2015

So I have been playing loads of mages lately, such as Brand, VelKoz and Malzahar. Now how do I play vs a Yasuo ? Somehow this japanese dude Always shreds me in lane, windwalls all my skillshots and then proceeds to get a metric fckton of farm. How do I shut this dude down ?

LIGHTKNIGHT6

02-03-2015

I haven't tried Yasuo extensively, but according to my experience against him:

-Always, ALWAYS try to bait his windwall before using your projectiles, especially if you see he's good enough to use it well.
-Take down his shield with 1-2 autoattacks and proceed to poke at him with abilities.
-Poke with either AAs or abilities when he tries to farm, as he's melee.
-Move constantly, especially if you're close to him, so that he misses his Q. That way he also can't charge the knockup (he can always use it on minions, ofc).
-Don't stick close to your minions, you're begging to be harassed. Remember that he can go through any enemy with his E.
-Obviously, keep your mind on the indicator for a charged knockup and avoid it. If you're low on health, just a knockup and his ult are more than enough to finish you.
-Don't prolong your fights, try to poke him down fast and get him scared. Don't overuse abilities, and secure some kind of sustain, be that Catalyst, potions or blue buffs, since he's manaless and has no such issues.
-Build armor. Early on.
-Keep in mind he's squishy and ask for ganks. DON'T do as so many people do and try to get the kill on him when you're low on health. If your jungler can get it, fine, otherwise it isn't worth killing yourself over.
-Always call MIAs, as he can get a good gank or two and get too fed for you to play against.

Inquisitor Kane

02-03-2015

Yasuo can't windwall Brand's pillar of flames so that should be your main poking ability. Save your stun for the time when Yasuo jumps at you and is right in front of you, so you can't miss and he can't windwall it. Then melt him.

By "build armor early on" above post meant rush seekers armguard, i guess.

Also picking some moblie champions would help, like Ahri. Or - pick someone who can't get co*kblocked by that wall. Like Baltazar, Xerath... even Cassiopeia. You can spam twin fangs, he blocks one, rest is sure hit :P Also morgana's goo-pool is not fckable with windwall.

And if your team mates doesn't pay attention to your SS and pings, ward those 2 river bushes and follow Yasuo wherever lane he goes, so you make sure he won't get kills.

emoKitten

02-04-2015

Quote:
Inquisitor Kane:
Yasuo can't windwall Brand's pillar of flames so that should be your main poking ability. Save your stun for the time when Yasuo jumps at you and is right in front of you, so you can't miss and he can't windwall it. Then melt him.

you may also try to ult a minion during windwall if the minion is not in front of yasuo but in his side, the ult will jump on yasuo from the uncovered side

Krankenbert

02-05-2015

Well, the matchup also depends on the type of yasuo you are playing against. If it's the one that just farms with AA and his Q, you shouldn't have any problems, but that also means he might get really farmed.
The other one is the one that slides and dashes all over the lane. That lane is more open and agressive and you have to use it to your advantage. Try to get his shield off, and bait his windwall, then chunk him down. Also, and exhaust in lane vs these types* of champions is never a bad choice (* - Yasuo, Katarina, Akali, Ahri, ...)