Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So I returned, only to quit the game for good.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleepy Sorcerer

02-02-2015

Hello guys. Some of you might remember me, but most likely you won't. I have been on forums every now and then, as my interest in game has faded, and come back. I have played this game since beta, and been active about half of the time. This and last season, I've been more active on west, but this is my original server. I make it my point not to flame, and have never gotten warning or ban. So, here's my story.
I started out playing Pantheon and Annie, along with Ashe, Singed and Poppy. None of those (Except for Poppy who I still like) felt like my thing, but meh.
One day I played against Mundo, and thought: "Wow That's the one I wanna play." After playing about half year with him, he got stat rework, early game nerfs, and overall he didn't feel same as before. But no matter, I picked up Veigar, who i grew to apreciate as my best champion. I also picked up Karma when she came out and loved playing her.
Then Karma got literally erased from game. Her model, lore, stats and skills. There was nothing left of the old one... But at least I still had Poppy and Veigar.
At this point Poppy was becoming harder and harder to play, as everyone sustained, farmed and harassed better than her. That, and half of the tops counter her. I still play her occasionally, but frankly, laning with her in Diamond feels like bringing stick to a gunfight. So I had to leave her as one I'd pick, when I was last pick and got top against someone who wasn't ranged, Olaf, Singed, Mundo, Shyvana, Rengar, Akali, or basically almost anyone.
At least I still have my Veigar.

I had been on a break for a while now. Playing 1 game here and another next week. Today, i came back. Went to game, and noticed that Deathfire's Grasp had been removed, rendering Veigar largely unviable.
So Riot. Thanks for game for as long as it lasted, but you have now actively changed or crippled every champion I was interested in. I've played many others, (Ap Sion, Talon, Lissandra, etc) but those were out of necessity. One can't get too far with only 2 champions.
So im going now, and I don't suppose im coming back. The only thing I actually regret and feel cheated on, is buying latest skin on veigar.

Sturm Dragonkin

02-02-2015

See you after 2 weeks.

Sleepy Sorcerer

02-02-2015

Quote:
Sturm Dragonkin:
See you after 2 weeks.

I sincerely doubt that.

Re Rollz

02-02-2015

Another One Bites The Dust

Enjutsu

02-02-2015

first i never saw you on forum, next is, well this is what you get for barely playing the game, but you still lack all the facts. Veigar is in line for some buffs because of dfg removal as well as few other champs.

Still you should probably quit the game because it's clear from your post that you're unable to keep up with the changing game. Im surprised you havent come to forum when riot changed the jungle.

Sleepy Sorcerer

02-02-2015

Quote:
Enjutsu:
first i never saw you on forum, next is, well this is what you get for barely playing the game, but you still lack all the facts. Veigar is in line for some buffs because of dfg removal as well as few other champs.

Still you should probably quit the game because it's clear from your post that you're unable to keep up with the changing game. Im surprised you havent come to forum when riot changed the jungle.

Indeed, it has been a while since I've been here. In fact, I think this was my latest post here:
http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=672401&highlight=identical
But then again, I did mention that it's more likely you wouldn't know me It's interesting to see if any of the older forum-goers are still here.

I already knew about incoming Veigar buffs, but I am not hopeful. According to my earlier experiences with these buffs, Veigar will either become ridiculously strong, or remain insignificant... And both of those are quite bad outcomes.
Furthermore, I just don't think it's acceptable to first remove non-issue that was DFG, and then later on fix the problems that removing it caused. The order is somewhat wrong there.

What's the deal with being rude tho? I think it's pretty clear im able to "keep up with changing game" as I've consistently reached diamond on 2 accounts :O

Enjutsu

02-02-2015

Well which one would you prefer more, riot first buffs champions in preparation for dfg removal, which means that for the next few patches we have clearly overpowered champions being spammed for the next few patches or removed dfg and for the next few patchs we have some underpowered champions.

Btw many people are okay with dfg removal(including myself) it was a ridiculous item, plus in one thread riot mentioned that dfg's purpose in the game was to burst tanks, like what the hell were they thinking giving assassins tools to burst everyone?

Im i being rude? sorry i just don't like writing longer text to make myself sound like a nice person i just go straight to the point(it's more like i don't like wasting time), which probably makes me sound kinda like an *******, but i don't care what you think about me.
I could've wrote:
sorry little fella, but it looks like you're having trouble adapting to the game and i'd suggest you to stop playing the game, because it seems like you're having trouble adapting to the change. Sorry but dfg removal is a minor change compared to \what riot did to jungle, which makes me think you chould've come to forum much earlier.
god it's so sweet i could puke.

You just complain how you can't play one champion after the next one because of the changes and now you're defending yourself which i would say means that you havent given up on the game and will be back.

Sleepy Sorcerer

02-03-2015

Quote:
Enjutsu:
Well which one would you prefer more, riot first buffs champions in preparation for dfg removal, which means that for the next few patches we have clearly overpowered champions being spammed for the next few patches or removed dfg and for the next few patchs we have some underpowered champions.

Btw many people are okay with dfg removal(including myself) it was a ridiculous item, plus in one thread riot mentioned that dfg's purpose in the game was to burst tanks, like what the hell were they thinking giving assassins tools to burst everyone?

Im i being rude? sorry i just don't like writing longer text to make myself sound like a nice person i just go straight to the point(it's more like i don't like wasting time), which probably makes me sound kinda like an *******, but i don't care what you think about me.
I could've wrote:
sorry little fella, but it looks like you're having trouble adapting to the game and i'd suggest you to stop playing the game, because it seems like you're having trouble adapting to the change. Sorry but dfg removal is a minor change compared to \what riot did to jungle, which makes me think you chould've come to forum much earlier.
god it's so sweet i could puke.

You just complain how you can't play one champion after the next one because of the changes and now you're defending yourself which i would say means that you havent given up on the game and will be back.

The first thing you did, was admitting that you don't know me. The 2nd thing, was instantly criticizing me. And if someone insults me, I defend myself. I don't see how that makes me any more likely to play any game. I just don't feel like finding another interesting champion and training with him. It's more trouble than it's worth.

I'd prefer if they tried balancing and Dfg removal simultaneously on beta servers, and implemented patch after that's settled out. If this was Fps and Sniper was in need of change, you wouldn't remove his Rifle and expect him to survive with just knife till next patch, would you?

I hate playing this card (no I don't), but consistent diamond against gold. At the very least, I've been able to adapt to the changes during last 4 seasons and beta, so I don't see how you are qualified to criticize my ability to do anything when it comes to playing this game.

Reading your other responses on forum, it seems you insult anyone who disagrees with patches. Is there some inherent reason for that? Especially since these are the Feedback forums.

Enjutsu

02-03-2015

Quote:
Sleepy Sorcerer:
The first thing you did, was admitting that you don't know me. The 2nd thing, was instantly criticizing me. And if someone insults me, I defend myself. I don't see how that makes me any more likely to play any game. I just don't feel like finding another interesting champion and training with him. It's more trouble than it's worth.

Im just going straight to the point without any consideration for your feelings.
And no, im just saying you're not going to quit the game.

Quote:
Sleepy Sorcerer:
I'd prefer if they tried balancing and Dfg removal simultaneously on beta servers, and implemented patch after that's settled out. If this was Fps and Sniper was in need of change, you wouldn't remove his Rifle and expect him to survive with just knife till next patch, would you?

They did balance some champions together with dfg removal, but they just didnt balance them all because there are quite alot of them. This isnt an fps, this is nothing like an fps.

Quote:
Sleepy Sorcerer:
I hate playing this card (no I don't), but consistent diamond against gold. At the very least, I've been able to adapt to the changes during last 4 seasons and beta, so I don't see how you are qualified to criticize my ability to do anything when it comes to playing this game.

Well right now im gold, but i don't come to forum because im not doing too well with some champ i play, i don't think it really has anything to do with league. You just coudn adapt this thread says that itself.

Quote:
Sleepy Sorcerer:
Reading your other responses on forum, it seems you insult anyone who disagrees with patches. Is there some inherent reason for that? Especially since these are the Feedback forums.

Really? well i play this game quite alot and i like change, next patch is gonna introduce some really sweet trinket changes. I find most complains about patches on the forum really pointless and too soon, people complain after testing those changes only for few games. There were plenty of ahri change complains, but those are because people see only numbers. When ahri was changed to assassin people were complaining how her damage dropped and now that she was changed back people are still complaining how her damage dropped. When azir was released alot of people considered him weak and not even because of all the bugs he had, but simply because they coudn play him the moment they picked him up. Can't remember how it went with gnar, but the day he was released he had horrible win ratio. Most of these patch complains are stupid and pointless or too soon.

Gluon

02-03-2015

@Sleepy Sorcerer

I get that it can be demoralizing when you see all of your favorite champion nerfed. However I'm convinced about the fact that these changes don't destroy champions, and they are still capable of winning. For me, it's more satisfying if you win a champion you like than win with a champion who is considered "OP". It also gives you motivation that you only need to be better to win games with that particular champion.
I don't say this cause I want to keep you in this game. If you don't find fun in this anymore, it's your choice to move on and find something better .