Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The secret to ADC Positioning?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegoDrifter

02-01-2015

Hello guys, I'm Gold 2 I'm in a struggle to get platinum however our team communication always fails and we throw games in soloqueue with my team, but lately I was playing Graves.

So I was 8/3 50 minute or something I had a Cassio Pantheon Nasus and Braum with me.
So in our final teamfight they all went in but Malphite went for me chasing me and stuff while the others battled..So I had to keep kiting him and eventually killing him because I had no other option but when I killed Malphite every member of my team died I was the only one alive..I blamed myself for that teamfight I thought my position sucked and I didn't really use the full potential of the ADC role so what's the secret to it? Am I suppose to avoid these tanks? Am I suppose go from behind somehow and burst both adc and apc? Could I get any tips from a high skilled ADC? Thanks.

demacia inc

02-03-2015

You can blame your team for that, Panth and braum should have both jumped on him ant let you E away and kill him or force him to retreat. There is no way you can avoid champs like Malph, Olaf, Lb and other jumpy stuff if your team doesnt peel for you. Anyway, u just start the fight being in the back of your team. Thats all.

HooreSneider

02-03-2015

not your fault
if they (assasins or whatever in this case maplhite) try to pounce you THROUGH your own team line then your team hast to move accordingly. maybe shift backwards to you. in order to shield you. or peel. or cc. or disengage totally. depending on the situation
adc should never be alone. i mean. adc alone dies. thats how it is. of course there are exceptions because i know there are a lot of smart people in these forums

LegoDrifter

02-05-2015

Thanks guys, so In this case the most beneficial thing was to burst Malphite(As in the whole team killing him) down as I would have gotten space to kill the others?

ReDevilSRO

02-05-2015

People just don't understand that the adc can't just rush in the middle of the fight and has to take out the first target(in most cases,sometime you have an oportunity to go to a priority target).I main adc since season 3 and i know how hard it is when noone is peeling for you.Normally the adc is the easiest target to kill since they can't really build defensive items before the core build to be relevant(ie shiv lw).In future games explaing to your support that in order to be effective in tf's,he needs to fight off whoever is focusing you.

IvanTheChemist

02-06-2015

I am far from your level, but sometimes I tend to avoid low reward engages. Malphite can be tanky OR deal damage, unless fed. If he is dealing damage, taking him out is easy. If he is only tanky, ignore and focus on a squishy priority target. Keep the DPS high and they should start taking losses. Wasting 5 seconds on a single champ is a waste if you can burst 2 down in 3. You can also retreat to your front line, so that malph can be easier for them to stop, but it is also risky. Actually, I can't find a reason for Braum not saving you - guarding you and ulting is a piece of cake.