Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kallista

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eshu

01-31-2015

For those of you who havea PBE account - I wrote a piece about Kalista with a poll on the PBE forums I would appreciate if you read it and put on a vote or discussed it. The point is I would like to see her black spear turned into an item that the TARGET decides whether he wants to pick up or not. This week - with the free rotation - became a trollfest on the non-SR maps - the change I propose would allow Kalista to be played just as it is now BUT the target would have a word in whether he wants to be oathsworn or not. (which is how Kalista should work based on her lore too) Anyway thanks for your help/assistance. It is not a ragepost, not a call for nerf or buff, just a gameplay change.

http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-feedback/ryA1q7wn-suggestion-kallista-needs-to-be-fixed

luriCos

02-05-2015

The Ult in its current form is OK in my opinion. Yes, the player has no say in it. You can even missclick and accidently bind to another player. There is no way back from this point on when you used the item.

Anyways if you give her something like thresh has you make her even stronger. She can only bind to one person at the moment and thats it. This can be used to force using her ult by shooting down her linked partner which will give you an advantage when she would have used it on you.

If you change this to clickable the ult would be kinda useless when the played does not want to get pulled back. You could fix that by lowering the cooldown but what then? 15 sec CD on her ult which can knock you up for a long time?

Ok .. remove the knockup ... what then? Change the Ult? give her something else?

Change the Ult so that Kalista will be pulled to the linked partner knocking up all players around her? Maybe ... but what about the escape mechanic when she can save her linked partner by using her ult?

How do you combine that?

Eshu

02-05-2015

I think you misunderstood my intention.

I do NOT want to change her ultimate or anything in her kit. All I want to change is the oath itself. It should not be Kalista who just decides who will be oathbound but the other should agree - Either Kalista's offer would be a targeted but pickable item (so noone else but the target could take it - no trolling against kalista either) OR it shold happen in the lobby just as the champion trades do you get an offer and you either accept or decline and you would start the game in the oath (seriously there is no point in that 10 seconds wasted on the death animation at the start)

The ult wouldn't be pickable - if you accept the oath you go with all the advantages and disadvantages as it is now - no changes. You could only decide at the start that you do NOT want to be soulbound/or you do.

This would actually remove the troll- and the accidental oaths which is good for everyone - except those that intentionally troll but I doubt the game should be balanced to their whims.

luriCos

02-05-2015

Ah okay, yes i think i misunderstood. Sorry! should have read it more carefully! I thought you would have wanted to change the ult but in fact you only want to change the behavior of the item you get with kalista at start.

I dont think this will be added to the lobby as you may want to change your decision ingame after the loading screen. It can still be an item but yes ... giving the other player the oportunity to say _yes i want to be bound to you_ would be nice.

Where can i sign this? =)

One thing .. what happens if you actually never bind to someone. Can you level your Ult but not use it?

Eshu

02-05-2015

It was signable on pbe it doesn't really matter though - too many trolls even there to propose real changes... it was kind of a failue. anyhow... The lobby version was just an idea to use an existing accept/deny mechanism in the game so it wouldn"t need extra coding either. The pickale object is probably a more legit idea. I just wanted kalistas to be unable to troll unwilling targets. Ofc it wasnt my intention to make their ultimates clunky clickable accept/deny things. That would be a direct nerf. The only and sole point to deny the oath is at the start when you get the offer - if you accept it the gameplay is exactly as it is now. Well to me this would be ideal. I strongly resent being forced to take it - especially when it is obvious trolling like binding me as a Jayce... there is nearly 0% chance that the ult will ever be helpful and more likely to just harm my gameplay. No thanks..(which atm I can't say when I get the spear)

btw you probably can level your ult it will just beunusable all the same till you soulbind someone.