Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AFK players ruin the game!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreeTZgoo

Recruiter

01-28-2015

I lost too many games because of troll or afk players, please riot do something about it. Why should I have 1 defeat because I have troll team? I think riot should make that if you have 3 or 4 afk players in the team it should be loss prevented. Or that I could invite more players as premade so I know they won't leave me. See the last game here.

Celebloth

01-29-2015

That would bring too many complication, and abuse fo the system. There has been countless topics regarding this matter.
The other members could just simply bully out the guy they don't want on the team, and tadaa, loss prevented.
Or people decide, hey we are losing this game, lets all go afk, and we a lower priority queue, but what ever we got loss prevented.

You said yourself, "invite more firends", why don't you go with a full team instead?

The client is not really stable atm, my friends are not able to get into the queue, random crashes. You won't know that if that was that guys first DC of the day or not.

Who do you regard as a troll? Because not all trolls are real trolls.

Garomaath

01-29-2015

I can agree. Yesterday i have lost two games, because I "lost connection" (i didn't leave and had internet connection working, everything from my computer to internet connection was good, so it must've been something with the servers i suppose). I didn't receive leaver status, but also did not win games I have carried all by myself. And I probably received a report or two, coz I "wasn't ingame" (actuall i was) about 3-5 minutes. It's pissing off, but I have gotten used to it over years of decreasing server performance (or maybe it never decreased, but the number of people playing LoL increased to so overwhelming number which serves can't handle).

iupli

02-02-2015

Hello i have a suggestion to riot. How about allowing surrender on minute 5-7, minute 10 at the latest? If an ally is afk from minute 1 it rly makes no sense to keep playing unless you are rly owning (in witch case you won't surrender anyway). I believe that LoL is all about fun for the most of the players an not allowing surrender before minute 20 just forces 5 people to play a frustrating game. This will make them angry and also make them afk if the do not like how their next game is progressing (if i always have a troll in my team, i might as well go afk if it's not going well). I realize that the 20 minute minimum duration is because the game can turn around at any time, but is it really worth it to play 20 losing battles against disturbingly fed enemyes just for that 5-10% chance they might throw?

Unicornqua

02-02-2015

Actually, if ally is afk from the first minute, you have better chances to win then if he leave in half of a game after getting 150 cs and 5 kills. You just need to adjust your strategy, play more safe and farm a lot. If the guy is afk since start, you get his farm, xp and kills. If he leaves during the match, he takes those gold and waste it.

Just don't give up after first sign of troubles. Try hard, learn. You might lose but it doesn't mean the game was wasted. And if you manage to win, well, it's the best feeling ever. If you play 4v5, enemy will most likely be overconfident and make mistakes. Punish them for it. If you will play as a team and be careful, you can win it. Just don't give up before the game even start.

iupli

02-02-2015

You are missing my whole point, sorry. The point was it's not all about wining, it;s about having fun. Immagine you are adc solo vs a random adc and blitz/thresh. the enemy adc freezes the lane. blitz camps the bush near your turret. Are you having fun? Can you farm? Are there any mistakes you can capitalise on? Not really. Wait for your jungler (probably going to be warded because you are zoned so they have 2 trinkets to ward the river). Say it's not warded. it'll still be 2v2, and you have no farm and possibly lower xp if they zone you well. Are you having fun? does it really matter if on minute 40 they fail a baron and you win? was it worth the wait? Not allowing surrender at any time is promoting the unhealthy atitude --> it's all about victory. can't it be about fun?

iupli

02-02-2015

Also what if you are playing ranked and someone fails to respect the pick order? now you have to agonize 20 mins as suport veigar, with your adc complaining about using Q to stack, because the lastpick "said first mid" (this really happend to me). The whole team was down. We lost botlane, mid lost his lane too. Jungle and top couldn't handle the fed enemyes. We surrendered after 20 mins of tantrum and improper chatting. If we all want to end the game, must riot really force it on us? This only builds frustration in the community in my opinion. How about a 1 week trial of surrender on 5? what's the worst that could happen? This freedom that i ask for can't even be abused.

Adrenalotr

02-02-2015

If there's an unquestionably toxic game ahead of you, due to players being abusive already in the champ select chat, or not respecting other players' locked in picks, then you have the option to dodge. It costs you a few LP and a few minutes of wait, but it's usually worth it to avoid 20 agonizing minutes in a toxic situation.

Any abuse in the in-game chat is hard countered by the mute button. If you end up playing, remember to report the toxic players after wards so Riot's systems has more data on toxic games.

Early surrenders in situations where a player is absent from the start of the game is something Lyte (a Rioter in charge of iirc player behavior systems) has mentioned. One problem I see with this is that it could encourage players to bully someone into leaving so they can surrender, and that's not good. Another is that it only takes two players to stop the surrender vote, so a troll and his buddy (premade or otherwise) can still keep the rest of the team in the game.

I've won 4v5 and lost 5v4, so as frustrating as they are, a leaver/absentee/afk isn't an automatic loss. Also, with the new LeaverBuster, players are more aware of the consequences of leaving, afking, connection issues and other reasons for causing a 4v5 for their teammates, something a lot of players hadn't considered before Riot's leaver alert with the "I agree"-prompt.

iupli

02-02-2015

Dodging in team select would be catastrophic for the comunity because bullies, as you very acurrately called them, will join ranked games, say ONLY MID OR TROLL, instalock whatever they want without regard to previous picks, and if someone dodges, he does it again, if not, 20 minute agony.

I mentioned the chat harassment not because it bothered me specifically, but because it creates a negative environment in the game. Even if i personally mute them, they will continue to argue, and on the next queue, the dialogue starts with "omg nooooo not this feeder again ********* etc".

If it's so impractical and, as you suggest, it will make no difference, why not implement it and see how it goes? I really think it would improove the comunity. Not forcing a game that noone wants to play on the players. You can't bully someone into leaving except by being a troll, and like i said, at the end of the game, the troll gets 30 min ban to cool off.

Win or lose 4v5 is irelevant. How can you not get this? Not fun doesn't mean that you are losing. Not fun means you can't do anything. It means turrets no longer provide safety. It means touching a creep is certain death. It means paranoia whenever you pass by a brush.

The 4v5 situation is btw just an example. I think that after 10 minutes the team decides they are outmatched, and they don't want to countinue, they shoul be allowed to forefeight. Even on the olympics, noone bans a team if they decide to withdraw. If they all agree, what is riot's problem?

Adrenalotr

02-02-2015

I've thought about the problem with bullies before. A bit. (http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=685396) Yours isn't the first idea, and you're not the only one to suggest it. The problem with bullies and champ select trolls specifically should be solved earlier than in-game.

The problem with players not connecting is a different problems, which should be solved by LeaverBuster, improved client stability, and other means, not with earlier surrender votes which can interrupt games where no particular player is trolling or in any way problematic, simply because of a weak early game which the enemy capitalized on. Doesn't mean you should surrender.