Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Provisionals or.. how hard can you carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HlM

01-28-2015

I ended the season in g5 and preseason in g3, lost of times having platinum enemies and sometimes even diamond. I had 30 more games won than lost, and higher mmr according to random mmr calculator sites. Why is it that more than half of provisional games I had people literally afk, and half of those were afk from start till end, the rest were like 10-15 minutes, I also had people who were flaming me for "feeding as support" (with a 1-2-9 score), also i had people who flamed and cursed making me feel like bronze all over again (ahh, the good old times), when in fact they were the worst players in the team, I also had people who literally left our base chatting with the enemies and meeting up with them to intentionally feed.

It's like I just started a new account and i'm getting placed with people matching this range of skill, I don't understand why this is happening, this is sad and frustrating.

I started playing LoL in season 4 and I fed and played like a newb also, I can't remember how many provisionals I won then, I just remember I was placed in bronze 4, dropped in 5, and climbed my way in the course of a year to gold 3 where I very rarely had any bad people in my games, like afks or toxic people, mostly they appeared like they just bought the account.

I've been through hell and crawled my way out of there by learning the game, playing, watching streams, reading all kinds of stuff about it and trying to do my best. So why is rito doing this to me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CruceA

01-28-2015

Because they do not give a f.uck about you. They only care about master, diamond and challenger as they bring in huge money for them. They just want you to be frustrated so you could buy as many RPs as possible. The fact that they say this is to balance the fact that people buy accounts is rubbish. Simply leaving everything normal would have quickly gotten rid of those people. By playing lower and being hit by so many bad players, you have to play a whole lot more to get back to the level you were at. The more you play, the more RIOT enjoys an active player base and can boast so ultimately, this is a move that makes them a lot of money on the long run.