Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Akali 5.2 nerf discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suklaakaakao

01-31-2015

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
To get to the point - Rengar is a powerful pick, but even in LCS, I haven't seen him being picked much against squishies with escape mechanisms or against teams with disengage utilities like Thresh or Janna.

And Akali is not LCS viable, because counterplay against Akali is so much easier than against Rengar.

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
And he is powerful pick only because Pro Players know that Rengar is one of those fine champion who is able to snowball and get to the enemy squishy. Not because he is the best assassin.
He is one of the better Melee AD carries that is also able to assassinate.

Exactly, so Rengar snowballs easier than Akali, right? It's not even about the snowballing though, it's just about Rengar being able to burst down squishies even without having any core items.
Samsung White kept picking Rengar jungle in Worlds, and dominated with it. Rengar was even banned multiple times, whereas Akali wasn't banned once.

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
And as Sejuani I was able to do that. And I dare to say that any champion who is able to beat Jax on 1v1 grounds without jungler's help would be viable with that.
If you knew Ryan Choi from somewhere else than video mashups where he is always at 10-3 in 20th minute, than you knew why he is good at this. It's because he always goes all-in at lvl 1 - forcing 1st blood and gaining advantage from then on. I've seen him beat Darius and Riven players with this tactic. But does that mean the champion is viable? (double edges weapon).
I'm afraid it doesn't. It only says that this game-style is viable, and Rengar is capable of that game-play. If the game-play gets countered, Rengar is not worth a penny to any other carry or assassin.

I guess that's why Rengar gets picked in the LCS and at Worlds and Akali doesn't, since Akali is overpowered and deserves nerfs, and Rengar does not. I was actually pretty fine with how all the assassins worked before the last patch. Didn't have a problem with Rango or LB, but if we start nerfing some lowtier assassins because Bronzies can't counter them, then we've got a problem. And as I said before, my friend player Soraka AD jungle and got a penta, so your silvergame fed AD Sejuanis don't really prove anything. If you were to prove that AD Sejuani is as strong as AD Rengar, then why doesn't AD Sejuani constantly keep getting picked in higher play? You also mentioned that Choi only carries with Rengar once he gets ahead, but if you watched the video at all, you'd notice that he was shutdown, bought 4 Doran's Blades, and still pretty much oneshotted the enemy AD carry.

KableFox

Recruiter

01-31-2015

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
I partly agree.
Akali has always been the only champion that you couldn't shake off. 3 charges for an ultimate with 800 range was just too much. Regardless of how much you wanted to escape, you couldn't.

That was a lack of counterplay.
She was also very powerful thanks to her sustain.

It's not like she is weak now. Her absurd damage and her absurd persistence stayed unaffected. Just like her sustain. The nerfs you see are gameplay changes, not the stat changes.

For all those Akali players - if you played her because you liked the champion and you were a fan - probably nothing changed. You'll have to play a bit differently now but you'll have the same reward. For all of those who'll stop playing the champion because it's not a free elo up to higher platinum anymore (yes, people rarely buy pinks even there) - than I'm afraid that's called hypocrisy.

Well after some moments of thought, i agree that ok she's not nerfed to death like LB was for example. What bugged me more than anything else is that Riot always does nerfs/buffs according to what the pros do, how they play, what they need or they "tuned" things that Pros came up with that were broken. In this case Riot made this nerf on a solo queue basis. On solo queue Akali is much more viable and more threatening and less likely to be dealt with because of the "solo" factor in solo queue. When in competitive lvl akali will be shut down and is absolutely, positively 100% counterable and will be dealt with. In solo queue your support is more likely to chase 4 people for the flashy stun or for the mayhem-pleasure of things rather than invest to items/champs that actually deal with that threat or protect their carry with their lives. Same goes for all the CC suppliers of any team in most cases when in solo queue. Thus, this nerf for me came from people who won't invest or think about the strategic aspects of the game that need to be done in order to deal with all the "akalis" that come up...

Suklaakaakao

01-31-2015

Quote:
KableFox:
i agree that ok she's not nerfed to death like LB was for example.

LeBlanc is still by far the most "overpowered" assassin there is. That's why she's constantly picked in high soloQ play, and even competitively.

Dopellsolder

01-31-2015

"Leblanc was nerfed to death"

Excuse me, but did you actually read the patch notes or only hear some rumors?

The only thing they did to her is that they removed single target silence which is considered as one of the weakest forms of CC. Personally the patch notes astonished me, because I was hoping for some true nerfs.

KableFox

Recruiter

02-05-2015

@Suklaakaakao Leblanc is not overpowered, she simply has an amazing kit which makes her pretty solid for competitive play. She WAS overpowered until she got nerfed. When she got nerfed she became just deal-able and she wasn't the mage that after a point in the game could instakill with half a combo pretty much everyone..so no she is not "overpowered" now, she is simply viable. Kassadin made his way back in both solo Q and competitive play and in the LCS and LCK and LPL i saw he was sometimes first picked over Gnar and Lissandra who were not banned at the time...does that mean he's op? don't think so..

@Dopellsolder yes, she was nerfed to death in comparison to how much damage output and burst her previous stats offered. Her damage on her spells was massively changed thus changing her playstyle/combo and yes the silence removal was a pretty big deal just like it was with talon and kassadin. They didn't only remove her silence.

TEK stils

02-05-2015

She won't be missed.

Suklaakaakao

02-05-2015

Quote:
KableFox:
@Suklaakaakao Leblanc is not overpowered, she simply has an amazing kit which makes her pretty solid for competitive play.

Was Akali overpowered? No. Her kit was simply amazing for punishing bad players and no teamwork.

InfernalMight

02-20-2015

Sadly after that little vision buff they gave to the Shroud all they have done was to nerf and nerf and nerf akali...
*E can no longer proc Q
*Shadow Dance(R) range reduced to 700 from 800
*Twilight Shroud doesn't give armor/MR buff
*Greater Vision Totem/Oracle's Lens for the low cost of 250g(reuseable)
*lets not forget the Q initial dmg nerf which make last hitting significantly harder
*or all the items nerfs(Lich Bane, Gunblade, DFG)
*also those little annoying skill facts, Akali is the only champion in League of Legends that needs to wait for her ult to come out of CD before she can use it to the full limit(right as you lvl it on lvl 6 you only get 1 stack instead of 3) + the charge rate increased to 30 from 25 on lvl 1...
and lets talk more about her ult nerf, now she can't jump through most terrains and her jump could be easly stoped(Azir's wall ult, Nami's ult and many more)

and now before people start to say that all champions get nerfed and still people play them and they are still strong(like Kha), so let me inform you that most of nerfs are infecting the dmg output and not the mechanics like they did this time.
I wouldn't mind if they would have nerfed the dmg of Akali or nerf the items she uses(and not buff the champions that effected by it) but when you nerf her mechanics and you nerf the items she uses but not buff her(and buff other champions) it is just unbalance now.
Due to all of those nerfs now in most of my games as Akali I feel so useless on the early game and on the end game, only in the mid game after I get some items(gunblade for slow) I feel like I contribute to the team and that feeling fades away quickly...
At this moment she is less of an assassin then most of the mages out there, she doesn't have her burst or the ability to trade harrase well or the ability to farm in the lanning phase,
so what did the leave her?
*dmg that she can't land because of low proc range + takes more time land it
*vulnerability - so much true-vision items and enemys + AOE dmg while you are in the shroud will kill you
*require a mage assassin to slow his burst by AA in between skills(I know she supposed to be Hybrid assassin but you can't really see it on the skill ratios)