Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Akali 5.2 nerf discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suklaakaakao

01-30-2015

Quote:
T4underbolt:
Akali is not weak now. Riot just added counter play. I was detonating q with auto anyway so this doesn't affect my gameplay. The nerfs are justified.

A quick check of your account revealed that you haven't played Akali in the past week, nor have you ever played her in ranked.

E: You're also Gold, which pretty much states that you don't know much about vision.

Tragic Positive

01-30-2015

Quote:
Suklaakaakao:
A solo Tristana could always shake you off if she had ult, or even flash. With the assistance of teammates such as Thresh, or a teammate with a hard disable, you could've always shaked off Akali.

Which was still harder than shaking off any other champion such as Zed, Rengar, Talon, Shaco... You can actually kill even a champion with immortality you know (Kayle). That doesn't tell sh*t about possibilities and power, though.

Quote:
Suklaakaakao:
The "lack of counterplay" was mostly in the lower divisions where people were lazy enough to think, and went running 1v1 against a fed Akali, didn't buy pinks or sweepers, and didn't ward their lane or check the minimap, thus got ganked endlessly and fed her.

Or games where they bullied a non-fed akali into 0-4 that got fed on lane against already fed enemy once she hit lvl 6. Does this scenario ring any bells? Because I have seen stuff. Any game against Akali that didn't go AFK I had to babysit mid or pressure objectives as fast as I could.

Quote:
Suklaakaakao:
She is very weak now. Her burst stays intact but if you come to higher elo, you may notice that you cannot burst anyone any longer due to how long it takes for your burst to go off, how useless your E is, and how low your range is. Anyone with a dash can escape you easily, because your ultimate will have even a second cooldown at max rank. You get instantly locked down, focused, and killed.

And how does this differ from ... Let's say Rengar that is STILL played even in LCS? Easily focused, easily locked down, most of his abilities are useless and he doesn't actually have such a high burst since he is all auto-attacks.

So what you are saying is that Akali finally has to suffer from the exact same pain and anguish as every single assassin in the game has?
... Good, good.

T4underbolt

01-30-2015

I was playing her in ranked but stupid kids like you cant understand that most of the pages reset stats after new season. Ive played enough games with akali(rankeds including) and I dont give a damn about crying noob who only cares about freelo not about game balance

Suklaakaakao

01-30-2015

Quote:
T4underbolt:
I was playing her in ranked but stupid kids like you cant understand that most of the pages reset stats after new season. Ive played enough games with akali(rankeds including) and I dont give a damn about crying noob who only cares about freelo not about game balance

10 Wins in the entire Season 4 is hardly playing her. You had 50% winratio, with an average KDA of 2.77
Not very impressive. I guess you just realized you cannot play her but she is still OP because some people can.

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
Which was still harder than shaking off any other champion such as Zed, Rengar, Talon, Shaco... You can actually kill even a champion with immortality you know (Kayle).

Rengar kills enemies before they can react at all. Same with Zed, Talon and a fed Shaco. Even if Akali is fed, it takes her a little more time to burst someone to death than a non-fed Rengar for instance. I also don't really understand what you mean by "killing a champion with immortality".

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
Or games where they bullied a non-fed akali into 0-4 that got fed on lane against already fed enemy once she hit lvl 6. Does this scenario ring any bells? Because I have seen stuff. Any game against Akali that didn't go AFK I had to babysit mid or pressure objectives as fast as I could.

If an enemy gets fed, you can't really 1v1 them as Akali if you've been shutdown. In fact, if you have been shutdown, you cannot really burst anyone. This is why Rengar is competitively viable and Akali is not.

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
And how does this differ from ... Let's say Rengar that is STILL played even in LCS? Easily focused, easily locked down, most of his abilities are useless and he doesn't actually have such a high burst since he is all auto-attacks.

If Rengar stays out of ward vision, he can jump and instantly kill other champions with his ultimate, without the exclamation mark or the sound appearing at all. I'm sure you think Rengar doesn't have burst and is considered weak in Bronze-Plat, but have a look at some of the famous Rengar players such as Ryan Choi instaburst people even when shutdown.

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
So what you are saying is that Akali finally has to suffer from the exact same pain and anguish as every single assassin in the game has?
... Good, good.

Akali was balanced before the patch, and so were Ahri and Fizz. If there are assassins that need a bit tinkering and have no counterplay, they would be Rengar and LeBlanc.

Tragic Positive

01-30-2015

@Suklaakaakao
Okay, then feel free to tell me what does Rengar have to kill people.
I'll quote:

Quote:
he can jump and instantly kill other champions with his ultimate

Because as long as I'm aware - the only thing he has to kill people is his Q and all auto-attacks.
And his empowered Q deals 150% AD and 240 base damage. His normal Q deals 120% damage and 150 base damage. Which is like ... Super low. No offense. You can add another 200 magic damage from his W if you feel like it.

And his only way to get to his target ... Is ... On 150 second cooldown up to lvl 6. Now that's disgusting, Sir.
If you take your time to calculate How much damage did Rengar have to build and how money it cost - then you'd probably see that Akali is better at this stuff. Because truth be told - I haven't seen A SINGLE PLAYER IN WHOLE LOL HISTORY to counter Rengar with Pinks or Oracles. Ever. And unlike Akali - Rengar WON'T get another chance to get to his target if he was interrupted.

If you keep going on with "Rengar is the Instakill Machine" just because Ryan Choi gave you a tutorial how every single nonviable champion becomes viable - I sincerely challenge you actually prove something. Becuase I believe I can make Akali a viable AD champion with Rengar's build.

Would you like to try it out? I already proved Sejuani. Akali is not going to be a challenge.

Suklaakaakao

01-30-2015

I think this video pretty much explains Rengar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI6pVvESotg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI6pVvESotg)
And I'm not saying that Ryan Choi is the god of Rengar or anything like that, but he's the most widely known Rengar player. Pridestalkerr, for example, is a great Rengar main on EUNE.

And what have you proven about Sejuani? Sejuani is a great champion that I would jungle with any day.

E: Here's an additional funny video that I just happened to run across. Rango being Rango. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_klkQKZnwvQ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_klkQKZnwvQ)
Both of those games were after the Rengar nerfs, patch 4.6.

E2: Ahri has jumped to 60% winratio in Diamond after the last patch, while Akali has dropped to the bottom 10 worst champions according to winratio. Says a lot about the quality of the balances.

http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&type=champion-loserate&range=daily&map=sr&queue=1x1&league=diamond

crisp00

01-30-2015

I main akali, with over 300 ranks played with her and here's my thoughts on this nerf:

1st I think akali already is one of the most nerfed champs in the game, and as such she requires medium/high mechanics to be played properly.

Her early game fails hard and is only repayed by the snowball potential.

She's a really easy to counter champ.

Her ult range was personally just fine...

Now, about the nerf:

-Her q is her only source of damage, and her e the only way to use the q in lane against another mage unless your mechanics are much better than the enemy's

-Her only strong point is the snowball and therefore the mid-game, whereas this nerf is focusing the already deadful laning phase

-The only way of playing her now is either jungle (rather inappropriate), or top against a non-tanky and melee champion, with little gap-closers (any ideas?)

Having said that, I find this nerf rather silly and inappropriate of RIOT's...
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter, and especially i would enjoy hearing someone rappresenting RIOT...

Best,
Crisp

Tragic Positive

01-30-2015

@Suklaakaakao
Rengar is a melee AD carry with an ability to assassin a target.
Of course he will kill stuff if not stopped. That's what Yi can do as well.

About Sejuani - I used exactly the same build as Ryan Choi. 3 Dorans, Tiamat, Youmuu, Last Whisper, Black Cleaver... And I ended up on 9-2-14 on draft pick. That's what I had in mind. Everyone who has a gap closer works with that build. It's not Rengar who is powerful with that build. It's EVERYONE with a jump with that build. Especially those with autoattack reset (which Sejuani has). (I was against Jax)

About Akali's current state:
... Isn't that like ... A problem for Half of melee champions? I mean. Even fizz has these problems. You have that stealth shroud. Use it for something else than a 100% escape button.
Akali has mechanics to allow her the damage. Now you just won't be as safe as before. Play smart - and snowball into oblivion as before. If you can't - than play another champion who will probably suffer from the same stuff.

And I can't help myself but:

Quote:
She's a really easy to counter champ.

Quote:
1st I think akali already is one of the most nerfed champs in the game, and as such she requires medium/high mechanics to be played properly.

I'm sorry but ... If you think that 1 pink ward renders all her abilities 100% useless - than something is wrong. I won't tell you what it is, but I'll allow you to find out for yourself.
And Rengar and Elise would like to argue about the nerf issues.

Furthermore, There was said something about "Your mechanics are much better than your enemy's"... What could this sentence mean? Because you know ... Mechanics are something different than "plays" or "skill". For example Thresh has mechanics. So does Vayne. Gnar as well. But Akali? I mean ... There's not much to abuse or connect with her. Flash mechanics are popular, but Akali doesn't have such.

Ward only allows you to counter-play against her. It doesn't make her useless or stops her abilities. It only allows you to target her.

Suklaakaakao

01-30-2015

Back in Season 3, a dear friend of mine did a penta on AD Soraka. That doesn't mean it's viable though.
I can go and build 3 Doran Tiamat on Soraka and get fed in a normal game full of silvers as well, I don't really get your point.

Tragic Positive

01-31-2015

Quote:
Suklaakaakao:
Back in Season 3, a dear friend of mine did a penta on AD Soraka. That doesn't mean it's viable though.
I can go and build 3 Doran Tiamat on Soraka and get fed in a normal game full of silvers as well, I don't really get your point.

To get to the point - Rengar is a powerful pick, but even in LCS, I haven't seen him being picked much against squishies with escape mechanisms or against teams with disengage utilities like Thresh or Janna.

And he is powerful pick only because Pro Players know that Rengar is one of those fine champion who is able to snowball and get to the enemy squishy. Not because he is the best assassin.
He is one of the better Melee AD carries that is also able to assassinate.

And as Sejuani I was able to do that. And I dare to say that any champion who is able to beat Jax on 1v1 grounds without jungler's help would be viable with that.
If you knew Ryan Choi from somewhere else than video mashups where he is always at 10-3 in 20th minute, than you knew why he is good at this. It's because he always goes all-in at lvl 1 - forcing 1st blood and gaining advantage from then on. I've seen him beat Darius and Riven players with this tactic. But does that mean the champion is viable? (double edges weapon).
I'm afraid it doesn't. It only says that this game-style is viable, and Rengar is capable of that game-play. If the game-play gets countered, Rengar is not worth a penny to any other carry or assassin.