Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Akali 5.2 nerf discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowConfessor

Senior Member

01-28-2015

Quote:
Arkhane:
... but E nerf Whyy?? ...



Means that if you haven't bought Sheen ---> Lich Bane as a Core item on Akali, now it is time to do. You have to proc Q with basic attack.

Since you have that passive, which affects basic attacks, did you use basic attacks often on Akali?

If you did so, you shouldn't have any problems with the changes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkhane

Member

01-28-2015

Well thats true, I rarely bought these times. And yes, I didnt proc Q with basic attacks much often, even my chase combo was always RQE never RQAA. So probably it affects me kinda more than someone who didnt use E for procing that much


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prasokralík

Junior Member

01-29-2015

You all who are saying E is useless because it no longer triggers mark of the assassin, you have no idea how to play akali or what your hcampion can do.

It was useful early in lane to poke ranged champions, that is true. But thats all the loss Akali suffered.

First, E is AoE ability. Due to spell vamp Akali can gain a lot of health back if she uses it against full minion wave.
Second, E is (unlike Q and R physical) damage. Akali can use this to slap those who build MR against her.
Third, E damage is high. It is not as high as proced Q but still it hurts a lot. Akali has enough energy trigger it while waitig for Q cooldown, menaing it will burst down enemy quicker.

If you were not building triforce or lichbane on akali before, you were doing it wrong, so now you can correct yourself.

Range reduce to the R is worrying me more then crescent slash nerf but not evne that is a big deal.

This whole nerf is so insignificant that good Akalis wont even realize it. What I am worried more is that after QQers realize Akali is still butchering their precious LeBlancs, Tristanas, Ezreals and other dashing ******s, they will cry out another nerf for her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suklaakaakao

Junior Member

01-29-2015

Quote:
PrasokralÃ*k:
This whole nerf is so insignificant that good Akalis wont even realize it. What I am worried more is that after QQers realize Akali is still butchering their precious LeBlancs, Tristanas, Ezreals and other dashing ******s, they will cry out another nerf for her.

Kinda mained Akali in Diamond until this nerf.

If we go back in time and think how Akali "OP" used to be, yet she still wasn't really picked competitively, why has she been nerfed patch after patch after patch?
Hextech Gunblade nerfed, Akali indirectly nerfed.
Lich Bane overnerfed, Akali indirectly nerfed.
Season 4 trinkets and the "truevision" that they give, Akali indirectly nerfed.
Akali shroud nerfed hard.
DFG removed, Akali indirectly nerfed.

And yet still, they have to gut Akali completely by removing E from proccing the Marks. Her E has essentially become a noobtrap, that eats a whole lot of energy without really doing anything. Not convinced? She no longer has any laning presence due to way harder trading. Still not convinced? Her burst is a lot slower and has much less range, leading to getting chainstunned before you can even do a thing.

I think it's about time Riot fires the group of Silver players in charge of champion balancing.


TL;DR

Akali was finally balanced. Why rito?



E: One more thing though; What the hell is the idea behind removing DFG in this patch but not compensating the champions that suffer the most? "Hey guys, here's this new broken patch that we will hotfix in the next one!"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dopellsolder

Senior Member

01-29-2015

Personally I dont think DFG was a core item on any champion. Sure a good choice for some, but certainly not essential. As we see in proffesional scene, players here hardly ever buy that item. So basically DFG removal doesnt hurt anyone drastically.
But in fact, if Riot despite that thinks some champions should be compensated, I think Veigar needs the biggest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkhane

Member

01-29-2015

Quote:
Suklaakaakao:


And yet still, they have to gut Akali completely by removing E from proccing the Marks. Her E has essentially become a noobtrap, that eats a whole lot of energy without really doing anything. Not convinced? She no longer has any laning presence due to way harder trading. Still not convinced? Her burst is a lot slower and has much less range, leading to getting chainstunned before you can even do a thing.



Dude I agree with every single thing you said. Mained her in high diamond also until this nerf.
They nerfed her although her pick rate is like 0.3% in highest elo just because in lower divisions they cant put single pink ward in whole game, or like bully her in lane. Unnecessary really.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KableFox

Recruiter

01-29-2015

When the Patch Notes say " akali is a champion with very low counterplay" then i put my money that some employ overseeing the nerfs, got stomped by a rival employee who played akali and he went "ZOMFG KALI OP SHT NURF PLS" and decided to nerf her...

Akali received all those indirect effects when they nerfed sheen/lichbane, when they introduced true vision etc and she was already nerfed by removing def stats from the shroud and now this.In my honest opinion the nerf was far from needed cause she has plenty of ways with items and champs that she can be countered with..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tragic Positive

Senior Member

01-30-2015

Quote:
KableFox:
When the Patch Notes say " akali is a champion with very low counterplay" then i put my money that some employ overseeing the nerfs, got stomped by a rival employee who played akali and he went "ZOMFG KALI OP SHT NURF PLS" and decided to nerf her...

Akali received all those indirect effects when they nerfed sheen/lichbane, when they introduced true vision etc and she was already nerfed by removing def stats from the shroud and now this.In my honest opinion the nerf was far from needed cause she has plenty of ways with items and champs that she can be countered with..

I partly agree.
Akali has always been the only champion that you couldn't shake off. 3 charges for an ultimate with 800 range was just too much. Regardless of how much you wanted to escape, you couldn't.

That was a lack of counterplay.
She was also very powerful thanks to her sustain.

It's not like she is weak now. Her absurd damage and her absurd persistence stayed unaffected. Just like her sustain. The nerfs you see are gameplay changes, not the stat changes.

For all those Akali players - if you played her because you liked the champion and you were a fan - probably nothing changed. You'll have to play a bit differently now but you'll have the same reward. For all of those who'll stop playing the champion because it's not a free elo up to higher platinum anymore (yes, people rarely buy pinks even there) - than I'm afraid that's called hypocrisy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suklaakaakao

Junior Member

01-30-2015

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
I partly agree.
Akali has always been the only champion that you couldn't shake off. 3 charges for an ultimate with 800 range was just too much. Regardless of how much you wanted to escape, you couldn't.

A solo Tristana could always shake you off if she had ult, or even flash. With the assistance of teammates such as Thresh, or a teammate with a hard disable, you could've always shaked off Akali.

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
That was a lack of counterplay.
She was also very powerful thanks to her sustain.

The "lack of counterplay" was mostly in the lower divisions where people were lazy enough to think, and went running 1v1 against a fed Akali, didn't buy pinks or sweepers, and didn't ward their lane or check the minimap, thus got ganked endlessly and fed her.

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
It's not like she is weak now. Her absurd damage and her absurd persistence stayed unaffected. Just like her sustain. The nerfs you see are gameplay changes, not the stat changes.

She is very weak now. Her burst stays intact but if you come to higher elo, you may notice that you cannot burst anyone any longer due to how long it takes for your burst to go off, how useless your E is, and how low your range is. Anyone with a dash can escape you easily, because your ultimate will have even a second cooldown at max rank. You get instantly locked down, focused, and killed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T4underbolt

Senior Member

01-30-2015

Akali is not weak now. Riot just added counter play. I was detonating q with auto anyway so this doesn't affect my gameplay. The nerfs are justified.