Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Akali 5.2 nerf discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkhane

01-27-2015

Alright so I've seen upcoming changes to Akali ( check here: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/01/patch-52-notes.html )

E - Crescent Slash
Crescent Slash no longer detonates Mark of the Assassin

R - Shadow Dance
RANGE 800 ⇒ 700

Alright so, I think this was overnerf. The ult nerf is alright, it was big range and everything, but E nerf Whyy??
I play Akali a lot and this is waaay harder nerf than it looks like. I feel this will make E just too useless spell. It already deals not so high dmg, and when considered how much energy it costs without, procing Q it makes no sense to throw E in a teamfight or duel.

And one more thing, now laning versus rangeds like Ahri, LB, Xerath will be impossible to proc Q even once before lv 6. After level 6 Akali is a beast true, but only if you stay nearly the same as enemy with cs and lvl, and this nerf will make for Akali impossible to trade somehow.

I think something should be added to E to compensate or something.
What are your thoughts?

Choda

01-27-2015

If they can nerf Kha Zix soo many times over and over and he is still played you just have no right to complain over this.

Tragic Positive

01-27-2015

Quote:
Choda:
If they can nerf Kha Zix soo many times over and over and he is still played you just have no right to complain over this.

I'm pretty much in the same opinion as this.

Akali is a beast. Period.
Her damage has not been touched at all. Only her possibility to land it.

So if you probably start with mobility, or start using your shroud offensively, you'll still be fine. If you are not satisfied that your overly powerful defensive ability is NOT going to be up every single time an enemy jungler comes, than I cannot possibly help you with this one.
Quote:

"Every power has a price. The question is: Will you be able to pay it?"

Gluon

01-27-2015

Assassins really got a slap in the face recently. I'm still waiting for an "ADC mid" meta. Someday...

Tragic Positive

01-27-2015

Quote:
Gluon:
Assassins really got a slap in the face recently. I'm still waiting for an "ADC mid" meta. Someday...

I've been waiting for players to start picking Sivir on that lane, just as well as Varus.
... And well, I still end up disappointed.

Choda

01-27-2015

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
I've been waiting for players to start picking Sivir on that lane, just as well as Varus.
... And well, I still end up disappointed.

Having no gap closers it's not easy as picking Graves/Corki would be.

Gluon

01-28-2015

I've played Varus/ Jinx / Vayne mid sometimes with friends. I think they might work okay against certain mages with lower kill potential pre 6 for example: Ziggs, Orianna. I guess at higher levels people won't be surprised that much and they will know how to shut down them. But hey, it's quite fun (especially when you get the red buff not the blue one).

Arkhane

01-28-2015

I just played Akali and well, in my opinion E seems rly odd. Except for wave clearing there's no need to throw E anymore.
Pre-6 it was already really hard to exist in lane, now its lot harder.

iArcher

01-28-2015

I think this nerf intended to allow a reaction window for anyone getting combo-ed by Akali, seems pretty fair to me

Arkhane

01-28-2015

Well it doesnt really give you reaction window when getting comboed because RQproc combo is pretty much the same speed, so her combo is almost as strong as before.
Its just trading in lane that got severely impaired.