Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vegeta980

01-26-2015

So guys my friend got gold V today from playing 10 ranked games. If my friend doesn't play ranked for a whole season will he be demoted back to silver I?

Loxich

01-28-2015

No he will not, elo does not decay for bronze silver and gold players.

Thaodin

02-03-2015

After 28 days of inactivity in a particular ranked queue, a couple things will happen. First, you’ll be hidden from the standings in your League. You may also lose LP depending on your current tier. Every seven days thereafter, you’ll lose LP until you play a match in that queue.
The number of LP lost following each period of decay is as follows:
Diamond: 50
Platinum: 35
Gold: 25
Silver: 10
Bronze: 0
If you fall below zero LP as a result of decay, you’ll be placed into the next lowest division. If you’re already in division V of your league, you’ll fall into a new league in the next tier down (for example, Gold V to Silver I).
tl;dr: don’t take a break from ranked for too long or you’ll regret it.

Thaodin

02-03-2015

That was copied from the FAQ 2014, and i have tried lose rank/division for not being online myself a few month. So it diffinently is possible to lose it.