Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Free jungle advices for new players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

klowny3D

01-26-2015

So hello, as the title says, im providing advices to a beginners in jungle, since it's my main role.
In season 4, i peaked at platinum 1, right now im diamond 5, still improving. I find other diamond players better than me right now, because platinum 1 is currently filled up with challenger, master and diamond1-2 players!
By the way, im familiar with other roles aswell, but im not as good as other high elo dudes.

So, feel free to add me in-game or ask me anything here

Regards, klowny3D

gabrielsorin100

01-28-2015

Hey! I've been trying all lanes recently but i just cant find a good lane to play so i thought i might give jungle a try. Wich cheap champion do you recommend to buy ( in order to train,)? What is actually the role of the jungler? Any other tips?

LifeŁess

01-28-2015

Hey i added u, i want to talk to u as soon as possible.

klowny3D

01-28-2015

Quote:
gabrielsorin100:
Hey! I've been trying all lanes recently but i just cant find a good lane to play so i thought i might give jungle a try. Wich cheap champion do you recommend to buy ( in order to train,)? What is actually the role of the jungler? Any other tips?

Cheap champion? Hmmm, lets say Master Yi is pretty easy and really cheap, there is WW aswell, who fall off a bit with the nerfs on his ultimate.

Role of a jungler? Well, this new season5 jungle is really strong, so all you have to do is take 3 camps(you'll be level3 at that point) and spam ganks as much as possible. Ofcourse, depending on your champion, you can also counterjungle.

Anything else?

klowny3D

01-28-2015

Quote:
LifeŁess:
Hey i added u, i want to talk to u as soon as possible.

Sure, i'll talk to you when i get on (:

gabrielsorin100

01-29-2015

Quote:
klowny3D:
Cheap champion? Hmmm, lets say Master Yi is pretty easy and really cheap, there is WW aswell, who fall off a bit with the nerfs on his ultimate.

Role of a jungler? Well, this new season5 jungle is really strong, so all you have to do is take 3 camps(you'll be level3 at that point) and spam ganks as much as possible. Ofcourse, depending on your champion, you can also counterjungle.

Anything else?

Ty, ill add you so we can speak

Inquisitor Kane

01-31-2015

Master Yi for a new player who is trying to learn the role? Imho bad advice. I am tired of people who picks Yi for jungling cause he is cheap and everybody tells them he is easy and you can rekt with him.. then they die twice to the red buff, feeds and goes AFK

Or they get advice like I got year ago - get Fiddle cause he is OP jungler. I got Fidle, and was very bad, teams hated me...

If you wanna teach them how to jungle give them someone easy. Like WW. No skillshots, can do full jungle clear with only 1 health pot... actually if you use 14/0/13 masteries you can start with machette, pot and green ward which is very cool. Or give them Nunu, also safe jungler with no skillshots. Nunu is only 450IP and he can teach you jungling and how to counter-jungle. Or.. what about Xin Zhao? Sure, not so stronk nowadays but also very safe sustain jungle and still can rekt cause nobody plays him these days.

Master Yi is an assassin. It is the same as if you told him to learn jungling with Zed or Talon... ofc you can do it but you need to know the basics first.

Also main problem of Yi jungle is that he is buff dependant and has no CC. So if your laners have none either, your ganks would be terribad. And if you get counter-jungled, you may go afk.

But have a cookie klowny, I love when people helps others to learn how to play and are willing to mentor newbies. Makes community better so have my +1 and keep up he good job

klowny3D

02-01-2015

Thanks Kane, my bad for recommending it i guess. You are right about nunu and fiddle, but they are fairly weak afterwards, expecially if you don't know nothing about them.

On the other side, playing a sustain jungle is good for clearing. Some have fast clear, some kinda slower, but in the end, if the champion is played correctly, with propher ganks and everything, it's easy to carry low level games

Inquisitor Kane

02-03-2015

Quote:
klowny3D:
Thanks Kane, my bad for recommending it i guess. You are right about nunu and fiddle, but they are fairly weak afterwards, expecially if you don't know nothing about them.

On the other side, playing a sustain jungle is good for clearing. Some have fast clear, some kinda slower, but in the end, if the champion is played correctly, with propher ganks and everything, it's easy to carry low level games

That is all true, my point was mainly about these guys having no clue what is jungle and what to do. It is hard to learn new champ and new role at the same time, that is why I would always recommend easy to play, safe champions for respective role. Like:

learning ADC? try Caitlyn. Safest one, great damage, so you can last hit easier and also poke is not as much of an issue as if you recommend them Lucian... and doesn't need much to learn how to play her, so after basics that takes you few games, you can learn how to ADC and then.. if interrested.. master Cait herself. Also this is the reason why you don't wanna pick up DRAAAAVEN as your adc if you are learning the role

Support? I say go for Taric.. safest support you can get, and teaches good habits as a support. No skillshots, has heal, clickable stun, gives armor to everybody around... just briliant support (you see what I did there, eh? )

That is why I would recommend WW or Nunu for jungle. You just press W then wait until the monster dies, sometimes use Q... not much to do, so you can focus on watching lanes and thinking about what camp to do next.

Like if you tell a first-timer to get Lee jungle.. he will be done. Cause you need to manage his energy bar and spell rotation, skillshots... then you have no time to think what to do next and you lose lots of time.. and lots of games.

So you sacrifice some gaming potential for the sake of learning. Sure, there are like 50 better junglers than WW and Nunu. But tese new junglers should look for those only after they learn how to ward their jungle, how to rotate, when to gank, how to gank and generally knowing the basics

Krankenbert

02-05-2015

I really appreciate these kind of posts, where you provide help for new players.

I'd just like to jump into your argument about yi - nunu/ww.
The problem with nunu is that he acts as the second support for the ADC, with at att speed steroid and a little bit of CC. Therefore you are reliant on your carry. And since he was implying he is new to the game, i'd also presume he wishes to learn the role of the jungler overall (clearing jungle, lane preassure, warding, objectives) where you are not impacted that much by other players.
I'd say WW and xin would be really good for a beginner, but there is also nothing wrong with Yi. He has a good clear, an ult that get's rid of most CC and sustain. As far as ganking goes, if a laner does not have any CC to provide, you simply ward for your laner so he won't get ganked (or rather he won't die). This way you can also get a feeling how, when and where to countergank, when it's safe to invade the enemy jungle, etc.

Some other junglers i'd recommend and are quite easy to play are Jarvan IV, Pantheon, Wukong, Rammus. After a couple of games you'd get the feeling on how to play them and in which way you can contribute to the team.