Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need help setting up AP rune page

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A homeless ninja

01-25-2015

Hello guys (and girls). I need help setting up my standard AP rune page. I only have 2 rune pages, so I don't want something champion-specific, just a standard generic AP page. I'm level 23, so I have access to T3 runes.

emoKitten

01-25-2015

marks: magic penetration
seals: mana regen
glyphs: ability power / ability power per level
quintessences: ability power

...one of the most common and most general page not countering specific champion picks by an enemy like situations where you play vs ad champions on mid etc.

A homeless ninja

01-25-2015

Quote:
emoKitten:
marks: magic penetration
seals: mana regen
glyphs: ability power / ability power per level
quintessences: ability power

...one of the most common and most general page not countering specific champion picks by an enemy like situations where you play vs ad champions on mid etc.

Looks good. Do I really need the mana regen? I play Akali, Ryze and Thresh mostly. I can replace those with a mix of armor/mr.

emoKitten

01-25-2015

if you dont have mana issues, you may take some defensive runes instead. playing thresh on mid is not good option, he would deserve his support/tanky rune page instead of ap damage page

A homeless ninja

01-25-2015

Quote:
emoKitten:
if you dont have mana issues, you may take some defensive runes instead. playing thresh on mid is not good option, he would deserve his support/tanky rune page instead of ap damage page

Nah, I don't play Thresh as a mid laner. I play him as a support. I plan on getting some other runes and swapping them on the AP page but for now I plan on using the same page (until I get enough extra runes).

Inquisitor Kane

01-25-2015

I preffer yellow armor of health on my runes. Because I usually keep my mana in check.

emoKitten

01-25-2015

armor / hp seals are runes which imho should be taken as first because they are viable for almost all pages so for the one price you may have all (in your case two) rune pages in action.

if you play thresh as support and you dont want to "main" this role (that mean, you prefer to have second rune page for AD) then i think thresh would benefit more from your AD page then AP. Anyway if you have only AP nowadays, it is better than nothing, for sure.

klowny3D

01-26-2015

reds : x9 magic penetration
yellow: x9 armor / x5 armor, x4 health
blue: magic resist x5 / magic resist per level x4
quints: x3 ap

this one is like the pretty standard one
Since you are playing ryze, you should go with:
quints: 3x movespeed
yellows: x9 armor
blue: mana
red: x9 magic penetration

for akali:
quints: 1x spell vamp, 2x ap
yellows: x9 armor
blue: magic resist x9 / or x5 + x4 mr per level
red: x9 hybrid penetration

Hope i helped Also, thresh is not an ap champion, i don't know why new players get the idea that support = ap champion and should be built as an ap.

superfighteroe

01-26-2015

Quote:
emoKitten:

If you play support, it is more important to have utility. Remember, gold is hard to get when playing support, so runes and masteries that ensure more gold is good. Also cooldown reduction is more important than ap when you are support.

emoKitten

01-26-2015

thats what i told him. for supports almost everything is better than ap due to its low scales.

i disagree on gold per 10 sec runes, masteries and item will provide good income resource and that extra durability is more than needed. you are not playing just to get as much gold as you can, you are playing also to deny your enemy as much as you can what is not achieved if you give them some unnecessary kills which you could survive without gold runes. as you probbably know, gold runes are seals and seals are our general defensive stat runes. Gold runes are out after s2/3 i think (if i remember correctly - the time just passes so quick..)

gold is kind of easy to get for support players with every carry who is skilled enough to know that last hitting minions is important. And even more golds if your team has a jungler who ganks well and often your lane. And if you dont have this kind of adc and jungler, you probbably dont need gold because you have a high chance of loosing the match as you cannot carry the game as a support. Even a good support can decide if the team win or loose with good teammates, you cannot do nothing vs good enemies with bad teammates. you just does not have that kind of damage to turn the table in your advantage until you play full ap support assassin for example. But even then if your enemies are at least slightly better than bad, then you cannot win 1v5 match.

and even more for thresh who is mentioned here, prefering gold runes over durability runes is not good idea because you are not janna or so, you are tank, not someone who just sits back and throw some whirlwinds and gusts etc. and if things go wrong monsoon.

support is my main since s1 so i think i know something about it and dont need to be teached a lot about gold income mechanics and similar things