Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

want to learn how to play Caitlyn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightLove1

01-25-2015

this post is mainly focused on players who dont have experience within moba games and within League of Legends!
this video will show a full match of Caitlyn gameplay and what to buy. the final result was 17/3/12.
if you really want to master Caitlyn this video linked down below is for YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdx5kqu3Fws
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This video will show you:
How to play League Of Legends
How to Play Ashe League Of Legends
League Of Legends Caitlyn Build
League Of Legends Caitlyn Gameplay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this is interesting and you want to see more LoL on the channel the best way to let me know is to like the video and leave some feedback in the comments section, let me know who you want me to use next and don't forget to sign up an try the game out if you haven't already !

/NGT NightLov3

pope of dope 666

01-30-2015

bronze

Inquisitor Kane

01-31-2015

I hate to thrash talk the work of others, but I hope you can take some well-intentioned criticism. So I give it a shot ( you see what I did there? )

1. Video itself (only watched the first one)
If you wanna make educational vids, you can't just upload a gameplay video. You have to do more.

- SPEAK: what can we learn if you don't say anything? You should be talking why you max your X ability and not Y ability first, why are you buying items that you are buying... and if you suck at English or are afraid you may talk like tarded potatoe cause English is not your native language... speak in your own language. You can always add ENG subtitles to it if you want
- SHOW OFF: show all the cool tips and tricks that Cait can do so viewers can start practising them
- RUNES AND MASTERIES: maybe you can start your video with a screenshot of the right rune page and mastery page so newbies can adjust it to be able to play Cait to the maximum of her potential

2. Your Caitlyn plays
Wow, there are so many things wrong... I hate to tell you this but the above post summarized it exactly. So even though it is mean, it is very true. And in few months, when you learn how to play this game, you yourself will just delete that video because you will realize it is bad gameplay. But on the bright side - at least you can compare your skill now and then. It will be 100% different So, where to start?

-SMART CASTING: you are not using it!! You missed so many skillshots just because you don't use smart cast. For trap it may be a good thing, but for her peacemaker and net it is unacceptable
-BAD BUILD: dude, you did not even bothered bying the boots. That is just unthinkable bronze 5 mistake. Also you were ahead and as your first item finished Statik, which is bad, you got your LifeSteal item and IE too late and basically crippled yourself because of it. Read some guides, learn what Caitlyn should be really buying and in what order
-NO COMMUNICATION: you never used pings, and even though you were winning your lane you never roamed or helped your team, single dragon wasn't taken...
-MANA MANAGEMENT: you used your abilities as if they did not cost mana. Then you could not make plays or had to recall at the very bad time
-LEVELING UP WITH MOUSE CLICKS: every player who plays this game for some time learn how to level up your abilities with keyboard only. It saves you time and your life cause you don't have to misplace your mouse cursor (which is crucial if you start using smart casting). If someone sees you leveling up by clicks, they will laugh at you. They did at me as well :-P
-LAST HITTING: wow. 35 CS in 10 minutes? Now that is TERRIBLE. Even I can do 60-70 and I play mainly support or jungle, which means I suck at last hitting (since I never have to do it)
-CAIT PASSIVE: do you even know you can proc her passive quicker if you shoot from bush? And that you should ALWAYS save that passive to poke enemies? I bet you don't know that. So here I am, support main, who played Cait maybe 3 times in my life, and I already know more than you. And you want to teach me how to play her?

So, final conclusion:
Learn to play this game, before you start teaching it. To use some example, this video is the same, as if a guy with broken legs was trying to teach others how to run properly. I like your enthusiasm, I like the idea of helping others getting better at this game, but you have to start from yourself.

You wanna teach bronze players some basics? Become at least gold player yourself (not necessarily gold in ranked, but at least when it comes to your skill and knowledge). And make sure you know as much as humanly possible about whatever/whoever you going to make video about. Because clearly from what I saw you have no idea how to play properly in general, how to play ADC and worse of all - how to use Caitlyn's potential.

I am very sorry, but this is how it is, I am not going to sugar-coat this for you, cause I believe you should be told the truth. Don't take this post as if I am putting you down or making fun of you. No. That is not my intention.

I just wanted to point glaring mistakes and how to fix them, so you can do better next time.

emoKitten

01-31-2015

Inquisitor Kane: I didnt watch the vid, and after reading "this video will show a full match of Caitlyn gameplay and what to buy. the final result was 17/3/12." sentence I thought, that it will be probbably something like "hey I got my life match, I need to share it with the others" and instead of describing it like "Im kinda new but I had my life match, wanna see it?" he used "hey im super awesome caitlyn player, wanna learn something from me?"

And as I read your post, I just realize that I was right... ^^

Inquisitor Kane

02-01-2015

Well, I watched it cause I want to learn how to ADC and thought this guy is some high elo player helping us, noobs I once again overestimated stuff