Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BiGmIlK2

Recruiter

01-24-2015

I started playing this game like 9 months ago, somewhere around mid season 4.Back then a few people played ahri(both LCS and regular players) but I still pick her up and make her my first and best main for mid.I almost have never seen her banned or picked in the lcs in season4, and in the ranked matches you would see her picked once or twice, and almost never banned.That stayed that way until season 4 ended. Now I dont know what happened but a lot of people start picking her up and banning her, wich is fine by me, but I just dont get what change since then, cuz she didnt get buffed.
Now riot is planning to ''buff'' her and I'm just realy pissed.Ahri is a skill-shoot based champion. If you miss charm on high level elo, you are dead or almost dead because after you missed charm the enemy will just dive you knowing that you can't do much without it.I always tought that ahri is not gonna get nerf ever, just because of the skillshots and the dissability to do something once you miss them.
If you remove dfg, sure it will decrease ahri damage, but she will still be her and she will still be able to do what shes supposed to do.But if you remove 20% damage amplification on her charm she will wont be the same champion...she will lost that thing that made her Ahri.
In my opinion if you dont want to cancel the real ahri, you can either remove Dfg and leave ahri as she is(because that speed buff on q might sound good but actualy is very useless once all her damage is gone)or give her a small buff for compensating the item removal, does not matter wich.
When playing ahri after you do a full combo e,q,w you cant do nothing anymore for about 6 seconds, so the high assassin damage on her is her thing, her style and that is not a bad thing and you should not remove that.
I am not a proffesional or a genius on this game, but that is my oppinion.
Good day.

UnknownToPublic

01-25-2015

tl:dr .
But from what I saw it's a QQ thread.
Ahri deserves to be nerfed.
Therefore,your argument is invalid

Hasioorr

01-25-2015

Quote:
UnknownToPublic:
tl:dr .
But from what I saw it's a QQ thread.
Ahri deserves to be nerfed.
Therefore,your argument is invalid

yyyymmmm.... No.

T4underbolt

01-25-2015

After the changes in patch 5.2 she wont have to rely on landing charm anymore. Buffs to dmg on q and w are enough so she can poke shi-t out of enemy easily with one good landed spell(Q will probably take like half hp). Then rest is easy. go ham all in with ult and W ->kill secured.

UnknownToPublic

01-25-2015

This is what she intended to be.
Mobile ****ty foxy mage,not hit E and free kill.

PiVoRx

01-26-2015

One stupid thing is that Riot puts so much attention to Ahri while there is a ****load long queue of champions that desperately needs much more help than her.
We got 120+ champions but only like 30 are used in highest level of play. I found this LCS seasson boring as fck cause that, every pick phase in so predictable.

Tragic Positive

01-26-2015

I'm actually having a silent personal challenge with Riot atm.
It includes Ahri, too.
Because if they think that DFG hits her harder than other champions, then I'll get disappointed at the maximum level. I'm actually curious if they'll remember Twisted Fate, the champion (mage/assassin as they stated) that has the least damage output out of the whole game, with one of the most out of date designs (close to Shaco and Zilean) that relies more on DFG than probably any other champion in the game. Because without Lich-Bane and DFG - he is a mere support from the worse ever designed in the history of League of Legends.

Which means that if his only damage output is the damage from items themselves - the champion clearly lacks the stuff. If a god-forgotten champion like Twisted Fate is going to be left behind again, while over-treated champions like Ahri (or Elise or Thresh or whoever got a change every single patch, be it a nerf or a buff) will be kept giving the attention - than I'll probably lose the joy of this game.
Again.

Indeets Vasiliy

01-28-2015

Despite stating that they want to buff Ahri because of removal of DFG her damage been nerfed: increase on base W damage is small, and increasing E AP ratio is just ridiculous, because it's utility spell with long cd and narrow width.

So in terms of damage in case when Ahri charms an enemy, she got nerfed, here some math:

ahri_dmg.jpg

Enjutsu

01-28-2015

Quote:
Indeets Vasiliy:
Despite stating that they want to buff Ahri because of removal of DFG her damage been nerfed: increase on base W damage is small, and increasing E AP ratio is just ridiculous, because it's utility spell with long cd and narrow width.

So in terms of damage in case when Ahri charms an enemy, she got nerfed, here some math:

Ahri got some strong QoL buffs too. Riot said that they're turning ahri back to a kiting mage and right now even more so than before.

Indeets Vasiliy

01-28-2015

Quote:
Enjutsu:
Ahri got some strong QoL buffs too. Riot said that they're turning ahri back to a kiting mage and right now even more so than before.

For a kiting mage she had serious mana issues --- her mana pool and spell costs is left like she's still assassin and need to do one combo and disengage. I've tried her and even with grail she quite quickly goes oom. She has no ways to regain mana like Xerath or Swain and not too high AP ratios is her spells don't hit maximum times.