Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cait question: Rushing zeal => shiv vs rushing bf => IE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Mittons

01-23-2015

My main question is: would rushing shiv over IE have any serious drawbacks?

The reason I'm considering rushing shiv is that currently my harassing with Cait could be a lot better, and until I improve a bit more I think shiv might help me harass properly without losing much CS. Sort of like training wheels.

The reasons why I think it would help:

1. the attack speed allows me to last hit later than usual (faster animation) which in combination with the extra ms gives me bigger windows to go in for harass, and its safer since the ms allows me to go in/go out faster

2. the increased attack speed also helps me clear and push faster with less risk of losing cs. This is because in some situations where a minion is nearly low enough to last hit AS will allow me to get in one extra auto elsewhere before last hitting, whereas with AD the minion will be dead in the time it takes me to do 2 AA, forcing me to idle until it's low enough.

3. Being able to push to tower faster means more of my minions will be alive when they reach the tower giving me more time to harass the enemy and poke their tower. This, in combination with the increased number of autos I'm able to get in due to my AS, should make up for not hitting as hard in each auto i poke with.

4. The passive from shiv helps me push faster and poke harder.

5. Since I aim to keep the lane pushed, the increased ms will help me avoid ganks.

Altrax2442

Recruiter

01-24-2015

As AD Carry i rush Shiv then IE .. I think it's better Shiv couse you do more dmg with shiv

MyNameIsAlexGR

01-24-2015

rush IE, or at least BF your abilities scale with damage.
you can get zeal right after your BF, then proceed to IE.
Finish SS later.

What I suaully do is get BF and boots, then Upgraded boots, then Pickaxe, then Zeal. IE and then SS.

Played Cait competetively in Platinum last season, and have very good scores this season, so I think it will work for you too.

gaby1best

01-28-2015

It depends on the campion. But I always build IE on Ashe and it eats enemy's health.

Loxich

01-28-2015

IE first always no matter what champion.