Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Here's How To Solve The Bronze Trolling And AFK Problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CruceA

01-22-2015

Everyone that got relegated to bronze is now horrified of the games that happen. This ruins the experience for everyone that actually wants to HAVE FUN and ENJOY League Of Legends. With this in mind, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE by RIOT to avoid this constant feeding, trolling, AFK-ing and so on. And the solution is very simple:

How about actually banning the accounts of those that receive 3 on-the-record reports and that are checked by RIOT staff? The replays are there. Everything can be checked with ease. I understand that it is hard to check all the reports. It is most likely a huge task since there are so many players that just do not want to play. However, implement a ban system with 3 strikes. Make the strike appear clearly when logging in: 1, 2, 3 you are out. After the 3rd strike, ban the account. Make the flamers and people that just play ranked to ruin the game of others and laugh their butts off to others that get mad and get demoted because of them start from LEVEL 1 again.

I flamed once too, pretty badly actually. I received a message that told me to PROMISE that I won't do it again. Kids that are 14 do not care about that (no offense to those that are 14 and that actually want to play ranked to have fun and challenge themselves). I also did not care about that. Allow that only 3 times and ban the accounts.

Is this so hard to do? League Ranked is a competitive environment. If someone rants in an official game he is banned from some games or taken off the team for the tournament. A 5 minutes waiting time is rubbish. A chat ban is, again, rubbish. Allowing summoners to do what they do many different times is rubbish. These people got to level 30 and played hundreds of games. Many will care if their accounts are banned so they will get 2 strikes but they will be extremely careful not to get the third one.

Such a simple system, one that is actually used in sports today, can be implemented with ease since it is software.

These are just my 2 cents but after being taken from silver IV to bronze two and seeing numerous games that are not competitive in any way and are just people flaming, making fun, constantly cursing, calling others noobs although they are the ones making mistakes, blaming the jungler for everything and telling him to get cancer and die and f@#@$ his mother and so on, I do not want to play the game anymore.

I do not mind losing as long as people try their best. I do get mad when people start blaming everyone else and do not communicate. When cursing begins, this is no longer a game. Because of this "soft reset" (it is by no means soft, the quality of games is hugely sub-par and the number of 4 v 5 games is outrageous) I will NEVER buy 1 RP again. I know many that said the exact same thing. Does RIOT want some kids that spend money here and there and do they buy many RPs and this is why this is tolerated? You cannot tell me that this is not tolerated since there are toooooo many.

3 CONFIRMED BY RIOT STAFF REPORTS for racism, calling others idiots and similar, BOOM, you are out. Start from level 1. Every single business entity reserves its rights to dismiss clients. Can't RIOT do the same thing for those people that actually play the game for the right reasons? If the overall quality of the game is improved, the game is recommended to others. I am sorry but knowing that eventually a person will reach level 30 and will end up playing bronze automatically means that I cannot recommend the game to anyone. I would feel bad knowing how much anger that person will have and what really bad days will appear because of something like this.

I never believed that the situation was this bad but it is actually WORSE than it was described to me! WAY worse! And because of the huge number of people that do troll and play ranked just to have fun of others or do not care about going up the ladder, the only logical conclusion is that RIOT accepts it for RP. Wouldn't more RP come if the players were satisfied with the game?

hristoborisov

02-04-2015

p

hristoborisov

02-04-2015

If riot make something about this trollers and others... it will be OK. But the problem with players who dont have skills, there are a lot of people who whant to play LoL but they just cant. We see them every second game. They make low stats, buy stupid items. For example, i had ranked game ( defeat for my team) where our mid lane was 0/21 and theyr mid lane was 36/7 (Kills/Deads). In my last ranked game ( aggain defeat for my team ) our support was trying to make trible kill with 3 thornmails, our ad carry bought hydra, our mid lane was 0/6. Only our jung was good and then me 8/2 in early game and then 9/14 at 35-40 mins. After my low games i always check the profiles of the players who i played with, and what i see: (the worst profile in ranked game) 92 normal wins, 0 aram wins, 0 dominion wins, one rune page with 4-5 runes from tier 2 and last season division( 2014 season) bronze 5. There are other players, who just troll because they whant other lane, champ or role. These players arent so low, they just whant to fail games. Riot made team builder for these players, but if they add team builder for ranked games it will be very good.

CruceA

02-04-2015

Unskilled players are not a problem. The others are.

IvanTheChemist

02-06-2015

CruceA, Riot is trying to reform, not remove players.
gdcvault.com/play/1017940/The-Science-Behind-Shaping-Player