Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to play Master Yi on ARAM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trias000

Recruiter

01-21-2015

This might seem like a retarded question, but I seriously have no idea. Whenever someone plays Yi, they make it look so easy: Press R, grab a lot of kills before anyone even manages to react. If they focus you, press Q. They focus you again - press W. Rinse and repeat.
But that never works for me. I wait for a teamfight to start, occasionally targetting minions with my Q in a way that I can hit an enemy champion, then run back. I obviously never engage first (though maybe I should - so many times I've seen Master Yis just go YOLO and grab some kills before the inevitable death, when they turret dive at lvl 4). When the teamfight starts, I wait for somebody else to engage, then press R and go into the fight. Doesn't matter, they still focus me as soon as I enter the combat. I use Q to lose their focus, use W when close to dying, to no avail. I still die in 2 seconds, and I'm lucky if I manage to kill one squishy.
I build mostly damage items (Infinity, Statikk, Hydra), as recommended. But maybe I should build something more tanky? But if I do, I deal even less damage.
I'm just hopeless.

Mitaka Mastera

01-25-2015

Not all champions work well with ARAM. It's not just Master Yi, it's more of like the assassins as a whole! I don't usually play Master Yi on ARAM, but when I do - I try to focus the squishies in teamfights and run for my life then! You just need a good judgement and practise. Good luck!

Trias000

Recruiter

01-25-2015

But everyone does so well with Yi... And that's my point. I have absolutely no idea how they do it. It seems all you need to do is press R and just kill everyone... That usually works. But not for me. I die instantly before I manage to do any damage. Using Q nor W never helps. So what am I doing wrong?