Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Chat Restriction pls help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adrenalotr

02-03-2015

You went from getting 67 games to now getting 44. So the system has detected an improvement, it just wants to verify it.

Also, you shouldn't believe people to write in allcaps, because they tend to not be the most objective about things. But hey, you're being kind and helpful, and no amount of false reports will change that.

The Rage Master

02-03-2015

Adre.. i mailed the support.. i can't take it anymore.. i am sad, frustrated, stressed. Maybe i take the game too seriously, i just feel wronged and unappreciated here.
I asked them to re- evaluate those reports i get cause they count allright to get me banned, but they shouldnt count as they do cause most of them are fake or from bullies to whom i resist, or from feeders or trollers who made me go mad and even a "WILL YOU STOP FEED FFS?" at the TOP of my sadness after a 30 min game and after my kind tries, let them report me freelly for verbal abuse. Lets fase it guys,
this is not verbal abuse, maybe an angry guy,who just cant stand you anymore, not a toxic one.

Adrenalotr

02-04-2015

It doesn't matter to the other players if the angry words and disparagement and whatnot come from a consistently toxic player or from someone who has his one bad game in a thousand. To them, they have a teammate behaving badly in the chat, and that's a bad experience for them.

And false reports are already countered. Maybe not all of them. But patterns of false reporting reduces the value of those players' reports.

Don't play when you're upset. If you're prone to being upset, find positive things to think about. Remember that it's just a game. Learn from outplaying your lane opponent and anticipating the enemy jungler's movements even if you can't win the game. Know that an enemy might disconnect or that their whole team might throw. Remember that everyone has bad games with bad teammates sometimes. Keep in mind that the 4-5 random player/random problem odds favors you over the other team. Manage your own behavior.

The system has already noticed that you've improved your behavior. Don't throw that away for one or two bad games.

The Rage Master

02-05-2015

The system just gave me 86 games more... this is insane.

Onizuka

02-06-2015

It is not. You mo probably did not stop your negative behavior which is why your restriciton keeps increasing.

The Rage Master

02-06-2015

ok you know
maybe i am indeed an awefull teammate, with 300+ honors and ..
.. a tottal of 533 games chat ban.

Onizuka

02-06-2015

Except that char restriction/reports and honors are not mutually exclusive.Different people have different reactions to your behavior. And it was not uncommon at all that honored players would go through tribunal and then complain about losing honors. So I dont see your point.

Adrenalotr

02-06-2015

How have you managed to play 140 games this season already?

I recall the chat restrictions being tied to how many games you play per day. As you play a lot of games, the system gives you a lot more chat restricted games. Players who don't play as much get fewer games, but the duration may be approximately the same in practice.

Just work on your behavior, try to be positive, and be quiet when you can't. 500 games is, in your case, a year. You've got lots of time to practice using the chat for the team's benefit, or not at all.

I don't know what else to say. Riot's systems have been evaluating you for a while, and if they've kept adding games to your restriction, they're clearly detecting something in your behavior that's not appropriate. You just have to find it and deal with it.

The Rage Master

02-07-2015

I had contact with the support and the guy told me that i m getting more restrictions cause i used to be toxic.
Even though i am not anymore i will just keep taking cause i used to be "far from what we think as acceptable" -he wrote it in greek i cant translate it excactly as he said it-
i have had 533 games tottal, now i got 75 to go.

Well, the more restrictions i get, the more i play to get rid of them.
i got 140?? o.O
omg..
no life.

what can i do? i m addicted to it and i hate it and i love it and i hate it and i adore it
ohhhh <3 lol my lol <3

i hate it -.-

..u know we love it ;p

P.S Oh Adre, may i add, i was whinning to support about them answering with bot mails and not actually read my mails.
And i demanded them to adress me with my name to confirm they are real humans answering me,and not bots. And they did. With politness they explained everything in the mail they send me. That +1 for them. But i still believe it's unfair to got 533 games restricted...7 chat bans in_a_row_

Adrenalotr

02-07-2015

Most companies use pre-written form responses for a lot of their communication because that's how they make sure they don't say anything inappropriate, like promising things they can't promise, revealing things they shouldn't, or being rude or disrespectful to their customers. It's annoying when all you want is a simple answer to a question from someone authorized to answer, and you have to get through a bunch of lower tier support staff and their non-answers, but it keeps things professional.

Well, 75 is much less than 500. So that's good.

it'll be gone in a couple of weeks. And then you'll get 50 more. And then 20. Maybe. If you've managed to improve your behavior enough, I expect you'll be done with the chat restrictions sometime in March. Let's hope it's sooner than that.