Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Chat Restriction pls help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Rage Master

01-20-2015

Maybe i shouldnt post this but i need an answer!
I think there is a bugg or something.. i got a chat ban 2 weeks ago for 55 games.
I get a lot of reports but those are mostly fake ones. (like, when i say "u feeder i will report you unskilled" and he answers "me and my premade will report you verbal abuse&quot
Also, i may add, that i report people almost in every single game if they abuse (and almost always they do) or are unskilled (i played yesterday with 3 UNRANKEDS when enemy had NOONE RIOT PLEASE!!!)
When i completed my 55 games punishment BOOM! An other one! 65 games!!!
I completed that too in 2 days!!!
And today... BOOM BOOM!!
Chat restriction again for 67 games o.O
I put all my money on this account, also i really really honestly don't think i deserve all those reports (some of them I 100% deserve and i admit that) if they are reall, and it makes me wonder,
RIOT could you check this out for me? Is there any possibility of a bugg? Or something like that?
I cant believe i got 3 chat bans in a row.. Also the second one came after only ONE game without chat ban o.O how is this possible????

Please someone responsible answer me, and then delete this thread as it is of no use.
P.S. I apologize for my poor English, thats not my native language.
Thank you.

Celebloth

01-20-2015

Hi!
Just a tip, don't tell the other person that you are going to report him. It is not going to help the situation, and you are going pretty offensive and negative there.

Why is being unranked such problem? You have the same MMR, so the match making put the 2 of you together, so him being unranked is totally irrelevant in a normal game.
I had a game once, where a guy looked up everyone's rank when the game started, and then he was like yay we have an unranked in the team, and I was like what does it matter? Apparently being unranked was worse than being bronze...

You have to mind your behaviour throughout the games, you have to stay positive, write positive things. That should help when the system evaluates you after you are done with your restrictions.

The Rage Master

01-20-2015

Brother, we talk about ranked games here.. not normals. It was me (x-GOld5 now S3) an other S3 and THREE unrankeds WITHOUT runes (he took adc with 1 rune of lifesteal) and he had only 26 masteries on! Also the other unranked took mid lane (so important lanes ad caary and ap carry to unranked people with 1 ranked game MAX and no runes!!)
It is not about mmr it is about experience an qualifications.
It is TOTTALY unfair for my team to got a mider with no experience and no RUNES when enemy mides is S2 and has 300+ ranked wins in his history.
Anywayz, thank you for the tip, but don't underestimate my IQ i wouldnt cry about normal games.. and ofc, i really care more about how many games has my teammate in his history than his MMR... bad KDA means nothing to me, happens to all to have it bad. experiance though... either u got it, or you dont. And that's a fact.

Any answers about that "bugg" or whatever that is?

Celebloth

01-20-2015

Why are you so offensive?

First of all, you never mentioned what kind of game you were playing. And I am not going to assume things, because when you assume, you forget to ask and that will lead to confusion and misunderstandings.
Also you kinda did not mention them not having runes and other stuff. Do not bite my head off...

I am not underestimating you or anything. I was trying to work with the information you have given.

The Rage Master

01-20-2015

okie brother, i 'm sorry if i was bad tempered, you 're right on this. i gave less info than i should.

The Rage Master

01-24-2015

GUYS !!! I completed my punishment (?) and once again BOOM!! CHAT BAN .. HELP ME!!!
I got now 76 games AGAIN!!! what can i do??? Please please people help i m sure thats a mistake or a bugg i hardly ever talk to chat anymore!!! I m sure now Riot bans without reading the reports or chat dialongs... And that's ok cause they can't read a 1.000.000.000.000.000.000 chat dialogs per day...
But i spent s much time and money to this account it is a shame not to be able to talk to friends ot teammates in chat..

pls answer someone and help

Adrenalotr

01-24-2015

Quote:
masternumbe33:
I think there is a bugg or something.. i got a chat ban 2 weeks ago for 55 games.
I get a lot of reports but those are mostly fake ones. (like, when i say "u feeder i will report you unskilled" and he answers "me and my premade will report you verbal abuse&quot
Also, i may add, that i report people almost in every single game if they abuse (and almost always they do) or are unskilled (i played yesterday with 3 UNRANKEDS when enemy had NOONE RIOT PLEASE!!!)

That you report others has no bearing on the value of reports against you. Reporting falsely reduces the value of your reports, though, so players who blatantly report you for no reason will have their report value reduced when they're shown to be false.

We don't know how the chat restriction system really works, but aside from reports, I suspect it has a word filter or some additional systems to verify that players are indeed reported for valid reasons. There's some amount of human review, at least before punishments are handed out. You can contact support and ask for the logs from the games that got you chat restricted. At the very least, support should be able to tell you something.

Quote:
When i completed my 55 games punishment BOOM! An other one! 65 games!!!
I completed that too in 2 days!!!
And today... BOOM BOOM!!
Chat restriction again for 67 games o.O

That's how the system works. If it doesn't see an improvement, it gives you more restricted games. Improve your behavior (you admit to desreving some of the reports), and you won't be reported as much... and then you won't get as many more games. You'll still probably get a 20 games' restriction while the system is still evaluating you, even if you're improved your behavior, but after that I expect it would stop... assuming you indeed improved your behavior.

Quote:
I put all my money on this account, also i really really honestly don't think i deserve all those reports (some of them I 100% deserve and i admit that) if they are reall

It's stupid to put _all_ your money on a game.

And it doesn't matter how much moeny you put into the game, you still don't get to break the rules. No special treatment.

Since you admit you deserve some of those reports, how about you start behaving in a way where _none_ of those reports are actually valid and deserved. That way, you should be rid of the chat restriction after a while.

You can read more about chat restrictions here (http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=710527).

Celebloth

01-24-2015

You need to be positive ingame, and use your available chats for saying positive things.
Examples:
When someone did good, tell him that he did a good job.
Warn them if the river or any bush is warded.
Tell them if someone is about to gank and from what direction.
If you have messed up, say "my bad, I am sorry"

Use your chats wisely, best of luck! If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

The Rage Master

01-25-2015

Thank you guys.. so it's not a bugg after all..

lets hope i 'll be free to talk in the feature.. Riot made me shut up :P
kisses to all!

Adrenalotr

01-25-2015

Quote:
masternumbe33:
Thank you guys.. so it's not a bugg after all..

lets hope i 'll be free to talk in the feature.. Riot made me shut up :P
kisses to all!

Don't shut up. Then the system has no data to look at to figure out if you've improved your behavior or not, and you'll probably get more chat restrictions. Be positive.

You don't have to say much. The things I say in most games are "gj", "ty", "b", and "my fault", sometimes giving enemy spawn timers when we're at their turret/inhib after acing them, sometimes telling someone on the team that flaming won't help us win, sometimes telling someone to mute another player instead of arguing with them or flaming them back.

If you can be positive, be positive. When you can't, don't say anything. Be quick to mute players that annoy you, and remember the three other teammates you have.