Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I think i finally broken yasuo´s viability lack

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whatsoeverman

01-19-2015

Yasuo was after recent nerfs and changes considered a game-losing champion, especially in high elo /im in platinum/ and people would instantly write negative comments just because you picked the champ. But there is a way you can play him effectively even on high elo, apart from a knockup composition which is a must.

So basically here´s my guide.

Abilities order : Before nerfs : R>Q>E>W
My plan : R>E>Q>W
I max E first because of many bonuses it provides over q. After the recent changes cooldown of Q isnt reduced further by rank, and damage is 20/40/60/80/100 so the bonus is really low. With E you get a hybrid damage potential in early game trades, since it deals magic damage, and also by quick maxing the cooldown lowers a lot, so you can dodge skillshots with ease, not to mention it makes lasthitting even easier.

Build changes :
My standard build used to be

1 Statikk shiv
2 Boots of attack speed, or whatever are they called
3 Infinity edge
4 Randuin´s omen/Banshees veil
5 Banshees veil/ Randuin´s omen
6 GA
What i found lacking in that build is the complete absence of lifesteal, especially for 1v1s and teamfights in late game, so i decided to experiment a little, i took bloodthirster instead of one of defensive items and tried to make it as fast as possible, of course after statikk. So my new recommended build looks something like this:

1 Statikk shiv
2 Boots /i try to get vamp. scepter by the time i finish boots of attack speed/
3 Bloodthirster /20% lifesteal is an offer no yasuo can resist/
4 Infinity edge / or if going behind, one of the armor/MR items listed above /
5 Randuin´s omen / Banshees veil - depends on the enemy composition /AD or AP/
6 GA

This build fixes most problems not only by the lifesteal, but i heard many people complaining about flow shield nerfs, i managed to supplement the shield amount by the bloodthirster passive. This builds offers high sustain in lane, as well as insane lategame damage and fighting potential.

If i helped you with this thread, hit that button up

Sir Sebbastian

01-20-2015

I wouldn't recommend taking IE after BT, and BT might not always be the best choice(Hi botrk). When you get late game you should also change the boots with the Tenacitiy ones as you reach the Attack speed cap only from Statikk

My usual build goes like: Statikk Shiv, Boots, Vampiric scepter, IE, BT/Botrk and then i decide if i want more damage or more tankiness. I also max E on yasuo(gotta love when people flame you for that). Also I made a new runepage so you can still have 100 crit chance on yasuo (9 Red crit and 4yellow crit/1 quint crit).

IE and SS are absolute core and first items on yasuo, no exception i think.

Whatsoeverman

01-20-2015

Thanks for the reply, i forgot to mention i switched half the seals for scaling hp, for an easier mid-lategame

Sir Sebbastian

01-20-2015

Yeah i started using scaling hp against ap lanes and even for some ad lanes too.

Not Your Mom

01-23-2015

He's still almost perma banned, and if someone picks him he ends up feeding like hell (atleast in my elo)

Sir Sebbastian

01-26-2015

I don't know why people ban him for. If he gets first picked then he is as good as dead(annie is bigest counter in my opinion). He'll feed against her or will be severely under-farmed. He won't be able to kill her at any point in the game, and she'll instaburst him even in teamfights.

Also it's very difficult to play good with him, he requires quite a lot of skill.