Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to win more games in solo queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capt Ahmad

01-01-2015

Hello,
My name is Ahmad, and I would like to share "the experience I had from playing League of Legends" with you...

So, how does someone win more games in solo queue? It's really simple and shouldn't be complicated!
There are 3 important parts you should focus at making the better of, while playing League:
The pre-game, the in-game and the post-game.
Since the pre-game is supposedly the first thing you encounter before playing, I will begin with it.

Pre-game

* Start with saying something like: "Main (Role), would really appreciate it".
* Always be nice even if you don't get the pick you want.
* If someone is asking for a trade, do it for them! It's really worth it to make someone happy in your team.
Quote:
Hypernova:
To expand on this, it's not just about making someone happy; it's also ensuring that your teammate gets his strongest role/champion and giving him a chance to carry your team.
That's one of the reasons playing any role in soloq is recommended.
* If you're the team captain, ban your champion's counter if you wish, but make sure that you ban at least one champion that your team wants banned!
In-game
* Try to gank a lot.
* Always prioritize objectives over kills.
* If anyone blames anyone, mute them.
* Don't play to win, but play to get better!
* In the laning phase, out-farm the enemy laner & don't die.
* Get used to looking at the map more often (Improve your Map Awareness).
* Try using pings and don't talk; pretend that you don't know English, German, or any language your team knows.
Finally and most importantly: It's really worth it to say good job or well played or so, but don't ever blame others for anything, regardless of it being relevant to the game or not.

Post-game
* Either you won or lost, "Stay positive" as Lux says.
In some cases you win but you're not positive, why you may ask? Because someone might be DC'ed and you're playing a 4v5, or someone from your team is blaming you the whole game.
* After clicking Continue, you really don't need to talk with anyone, just give them a honor if they deserve it, and report the negative players if you think it's necessary.
* Look at the stats and what you have done this game, if you leave the post-game lobby and want to see your stats you can always check them from your match history.
Quote:
rozoulini:
well done from me.
i do coach a lot of people and i will point out 2 things that i really like you said.
----------------------------
Quote:
Capt Ahmad;6616129:

INGAME
* Don't play to win, but play to get better!
POSTGAME
* Look at the stats and what you have done this game, if you leave the post-game lobby and want to see your stats you can always check them from your match history.
----------------------------
(i advice you to go HERE (http://matchhistory.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history) for the best stats)

Also, don't ask for honors or reports, because that might be against the "rules" (Summoner's Code)

TL;DR
Just stop flaming your teammates!

Feel free to add any point you wish to my thread! I will edit it and mention your name
Thanks for taking some of your time to read my thread,
Capt Ahmad

Capt Ahmad

01-30-2015

Bump for usefulness!

SaladFighter

02-05-2015

Its work :d

Capt Ahmad

02-20-2015

Quote:
SaladFighter:
Its work :d

Glad it worked