Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

2/2: Mystery Skins for Good Behavior are *still* coming!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Yuka

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotYuka on Twitter

01-13-2015

[COLOR="Red"]Please read this post and the Extended FAQ before asking questions! All of your questions are answered here![/COLOR]

Hey everyone,

Many of you have seen your friends receive their Mystery Skins with you left wondering where your Mystery Skin is, or whether you even qualified for one. Never fear!

Mystery Skins are still being sent out!

We are sending them out in waves every single day, and it may take the next couple of weeks (until the end of January) before they are all distributed. We'll update this thread once the last wave has been sent!

As a reminder, here are the qualifications:

All Riot Regions qualify - NA, EUW, EUNE, LAS, LAN, BR, OCE, RU, TR, and Korea

• You need to be level 5 (reached level 5 in 2014)
  • You need to have played and completed at least one game of any mode (including Custom Games) in 2014.
  • You did not receive a 14-day suspension
  • You did not receive a ranked restriction (a single game ranked restriction will disqualify you)
  • You did not receive a chat restriction (a single game of chat restriction will disqualify you)
  • If you received a Leaver Buster Penalty, you still qualify for the Mystery Skin
  • If your account was compromised and suspended by Riot until it was recovered, we will double-check our list to make sure you receive one
  • If you have under the 10 skin minimum for Mystery Skins, we will check the list again and make sure anyone who did not receive one, but met all other qualifications, gets one!
  • If you recently transferred to another Riot Region, you will still get a Mystery Skin, as long as you meet the previous qualifications

Riot Yuka

Community Coordinator

01-13-2015

Extended FAQ

Thank you to [COLOR="SandyBrown"]Eambo[/COLOR] for compiling this list of answers!

Current Distribution Status: ONGOING (February 2nd 2015)
Sorry about the wait! Mystery Skins are still coming. We know some players are still missing their gifts, and we're currently working on a solution. It may take one or two more weeks before all skins are successfully distributed. (Support Link) (https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204008900-02-02-15-Mystery-Skins-for-good-behavior-are-still-in-the-process-of-being-distributed-)

What are the mystery gifts for?

Quote:

Over the next few days, we'll be rewarding positive League of Legends players with a classic Mystery Gift as thanks for being such an awesome part of our community. If you haven’t received a chat restriction, ranked restriction, 14-day ban or permanent ban in 2014, and you meet the requirements to receive a Mystery Gift (you’re Level 5 or higher and there are at least 10 skins you don’t own), you’re on our list!

I haven't received my gift, but my friends all did! Why do you hate me Rito?

The mystery gifts are currently still being given out! This may take another few days - this status will be updated when they are complete!

I got my mystery gift and clicked past it and..nothing? There's nothing in my purchase history or anything! Rito y u scam?

The mystery gift window that popped up actually said in white what you got. If you've closed this, there's only two ways to find out what skin you got:
  • Looking through your champs manually. Teambuilder is probably the easiest way, as there's no timeout.
  • Submit a ticket to Riot at http://support.leagueoflegends.com, who can check and confirm which skin you got.

I tried to use my skin but can't! Y U SCAMMING AGAIN?!

Some people have encountered this issue, which will fix itself. Simply try logging out and back in - if this doesn't work, give it about an hour or so from receiving and try logging out and back in once more. This will usually fix this issue.

----

And thank you to Koscum for sharing his FAQ (http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=6640877) in a lot of the new threads that have been popping up! Including this helpful advice:

Quote:
Koscum:
  • If you got a 4 win IP boost reward in December 2014, you'll almost certainly receive a Mystery Skin reward now.
  • It takes quite some time to process all rewards. 4 win IP boost was the previous reward and that took almost two weeks to hand out. Rewards started just few days ago, so don't be surprised if takes a while to get it if you're a byte unlucky.
  • There is a bug where the dialog that informs you that you got the reward doesn't show up, but the skin still gets added to your skin collection. Contact support in a few days or post in that thread where few people reported it, and Moonleaf responded with the skin list.
    Here, I even dug it up FROM THE FIRST PAGE for you: Click me. (http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=794922)
  • Posting "I didn't get it" will not give you the reward.

Koscum has also been helping to clear up some confusion around the "10 skins available" requirement:
Quote:
Koscum:
You don't need to own 10+ skins in order to qualify for Mystery Skin reward, you need to have enough champions to have at least 10 unowned skins that can be gifted through Mystery Skin.

So, if you have 3 champions that have a total of 14 skins (not counting default ones), where 1 is limited, 1 is legacy, and you already own 1, you are good to go as 14 - 1(owned) - 1(limited) = 12 skins are available for Mystery Skin.

On the other hand, if you have 7 champions that have 19 skins in total, where 4 are limited, 2 are legacy, and you own 6 regular ones, you'd have to get at least one more champion because you have 19 - 6(owned) - 4(limited) = 9 skins available for Mystery Gift.

----

From [COLOR="Red"]Riot Lyte[/COLOR] over on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2s6axl/my_friend_is_the_most_toxic_guy_i_know_and_he_got/cnmm6i3):

My friend is the most toxic guy I know and he got a mystery gift! What gives?

Quote:
":
It turns out that a very small number of players did get a Ranked/Chat Restriction specifically and also got a mystery gift when they shouldn't have.
Ranked Restrictions was the latest feature released at the end of 2014, and there was some timing/data issues so a few toxic players slipped through our black coal list and got a gift. This was our first time giving positive surprises on such a massive scale (over 95% of players got it globally), so we're reviewing the process to see how we can fix these problems in the future.
So far, we're seeing about 0.1% of players globally got lucky and got this mystery gift surprise when they shouldn't have. We'll keep investigating and figuring out how to resolve this.
For those wondering, the positive gift process is still on-going for a few servers. We found a few lists of players that hit a few hiccups and will be getting their gifts this week.

Skin Popup.jpg

SkatePunkk

01-13-2015

Thank you Yuka , i was really sad cause i was not banned or chat restricted in 2014 so i was wondering why my skin insn't coming !

SOTOS0099

01-13-2015

I have play dominion only in a costum game.I will get mystery gift?

robysonykk

Recruiter

01-13-2015

That with chat restriction is so bad, because a lot of players have reported other players without reason....

Nevurgiveup

01-13-2015

yup only i dont get a mistery skin tnx

bokison999

01-13-2015

On beginning of 2014 i recovered my account, but Riot told me that it will be temporarily disabled. I can play now on it, but will i get mastery skin? Tnx for the reply!

SmokingWeeeeed

01-13-2015

My brother took it yesterday , after playing 3 games, i hope ill get it too soon!!!!!

Koscum

01-13-2015

Thanks for the update, Yuka; I can now spam a red thread in replies to the, still inevitable, "Where is my skin" threads :3.

Riot Yuka

Community Coordinator

01-13-2015

Quote:
Koscum:
Thanks for the update, Yuka; I can now spam a red thread in replies to the, still inevitable, "Where is my skin" threads :3.

No problem Koscum, thank you so much for helping out!