Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot hates Yorick.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1 super haos

01-01-2015

Riot has to do an update to YORICK since season 2, if it did one. Riot, also, hasn't made any new skin to YORICK. In addiction, Riot change Rengar's image and not YORICK'S, even though Rengar is newer than him and he is a very old champion.

Tragic Positive

01-01-2015

Quote:
1 super haos:
Riot has to do an update to YORICK since season 2, if it did one. Riot, also, hasn't made any new skin to YORICK. In addiction, Riot change Rengar's image and not YORICK'S, even though Rengar is newer than him and he is a very old champion.

Feeling like competing your Yorick with my Shaco?
... Your Yorick at least isn't mechanically useless and hasn't been nerfed into oblivion. They at least held ideas on reworking him, even though they were not implemented.

Also, he's still the hidden OP even today. People are just too blinded with "meta" to realize true values in game offerings.

So yea, I'm just giving in to my emotions. You don't have to actually listen to me. Just keep in mind that while you are so frustrated with your favorite champion - there are always those who keep struggling with much worse and severe conditions, and they keep their troubles for themselves.
Also, do you think that people like me are satisfied with a trade of ARTWORKS in exchange for MECHANICAL and POTENTIAL power? That Rengar you are speaking about is literally a parody of worthy champion... He is fun though, but definitely not a viable champion.

Dopellsolder

01-01-2015

Why is then Rengar played competetively even by Koreans with such success?

Dextix LT

01-01-2015

BEcause his ulti gives the potential ONLY if you can handle rengars ****ty kit otherwise. That means you have to be REALLY good to actually pull off a rengar play, which pros are. And yea, koreans can make anything viable, they are koreans.

Tragic Positive

01-02-2015

Quote:
Dopellsolder:
Why is then Rengar played competetively even by Koreans with such success?

Because Rengar's ultimate gives him the ultimate potential.
The thing is, that in order to make use of this potential - you have to literally outplay your enemy with a worthless auto-attack champion without any disengage.
If you succeed, tho, you won't have to disengage - and his ultimate is the best assassinating utility ability in the game, so far.

And since you mentioned Koreans - it's exactly them (and sadly only them and a few chosen ones) who are capable of winning against an enemy that is far more mechanically powerful with nothing but autoattacks... Isn't that about right?

1 super haos

01-02-2015

Quote:
Tragic Positive:
Feeling like competing your Yorick with my Shaco?
... Your Yorick at least isn't mechanically useless and hasn't been nerfed into oblivion. They at least held ideas on reworking him, even though they were not implemented.

Also, he's still the hidden OP even today. People are just too blinded with "meta" to realize true values in game offerings.

So yea, I'm just giving in to my emotions. You don't have to actually listen to me. Just keep in mind that while you are so frustrated with your favorite champion - there are always those who keep struggling with much worse and severe conditions, and they keep their troubles for themselves.
Also, do you think that people like me are satisfied with a trade of ARTWORKS in exchange for MECHANICAL and POTENTIAL power? That Rengar you are speaking about is literally a parody of worthy champion... He is fun though, but definitely not a viable champion.

You are right about shaco, but at least his skins are worth.

Shando Stormage

01-02-2015

and yorick is really OP right now too. we all still waiting for rework

1 super haos

01-08-2015

Well, seems like Riot keeps making new skins only for famous and new champions or for champions that has 7+ skins.

jonnygotagun

01-11-2015

Quote:
1 super haos:

Firstly, Yorick's skins are so superawesome that he doesn't really need new ones (they would still be appreciated, ofc).
And secondly, try playing him like this, you'll see he doesn't need a rework:
Play super defensive early, just farm and farm and farm till you get manamune and trinity force. Then just build tanky stuff and some mobility. Everyone will be bruised to death within 3 seconds when you're lvl 18.

Sectumsepmra

01-19-2015

He doesn't need skins, he needs a damn rework. He's such a braindead champion, he just spams the ghosts that do the damage for him. You literrally press buttons with him, that's all. You don't need to think.