Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unable to install the client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kagebog

12-10-2014

Hi, guys.

I have a 2013 Macbook pro 15" and earlier today when i tried to get ingame, my patcher didn't work ( an issue that has previously occurred after patches)
I would try to launch the game and then the LoLlauncher icon would simply sit in the dock, after which it would disappear. I have tried every fix i could find online without success. I went into the processes via activity monitor and i can see there's a problem with UserKernel.
Another issue with it is that it creates multiple Log files in the RADS folder. ( I don't know whether that's the normal way it should behave or not )
Point is, i can't get ingame, i can't even start the patcher. Naturally, I Tried re-installing LoL. I removed everything with AppZapper, after which i downloaded the package from the website once more and reinstalled it. It still won't start for some reason. If it's an issue that you guys are having, please fix it ASAP ... it's kind of a pain not being able to play because you have a macbook.

Skeletoní

12-10-2014

I have the same problem with late 2011 Macbook Pro. It started yesterday. Just tried to open the client as usual, it pops up for a second and then it just disappears. I tried to fix the issue by downloading new install-file and copying the "userkernel"- file from the install.dmg to the real patched folder. It didn't work. Then I tried to check my firewall and it should be ok. Eventually I uninstalled the whole game from my computer and tried to install it again. The installation starts and it seems that the league of legends-file downloads till 298,9mb and after that nothing happens. It also claims that League of legends cannot be installed to this drive and says it's invalid and also that I don't have write permissions to the drive, which i do have. Now the installation file doesn't even open. Any ideas?

EDIT:
Still having same problem. Also it seems still like UserKernel is not responding. I contacted Riot Support but haven't heard of 'em just yet. OP still having same issue??

nCriminal

12-15-2014

Quote:
Kagebog:
Hi, guys.

I have a 2013 Macbook pro 15" and earlier today when i tried to get ingame, my patcher didn't work ( an issue that has previously occurred after patches)
I would try to launch the game and then the LoLlauncher icon would simply sit in the dock, after which it would disappear. I have tried every fix i could find online without success. I went into the processes via activity monitor and i can see there's a problem with UserKernel.
Another issue with it is that it creates multiple Log files in the RADS folder. ( I don't know whether that's the normal way it should behave or not )
Point is, i can't get ingame, i can't even start the patcher. Naturally, I Tried re-installing LoL. I removed everything with AppZapper, after which i downloaded the package from the website once more and reinstalled it. It still won't start for some reason. If it's an issue that you guys are having, please fix it ASAP ... it's kind of a pain not being able to play because you have a macbook.

I have the same issue with iMac 2014. Please fix and inform.