Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How many times is it acceptable to leave/feed/troll?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crackmurder

11-07-2014

Hey Riot

Just wondering... how many times is it acceptable to leave/feed/troll before action is taken?

I understand that things happen occasionally that explains a certain behaviour.
However the players that i see ragequit/feed/troll are doing it on purpose - you'll see people joining the game with the sole purpose of feeding/trolling (ranked - even at D1 level)

We all know that the tribute system doesnt work - regardless of reports and behaviour you're not really punishing the players who troll over and over again...

So Riot... how many times will you allow a single player to ruin 9 other peoples game? 10% of 1000 games? 50 games in total?

Adrenalotr

11-07-2014

"tribute system" You mean Tribunal. Those words mean very different things.

The Tribunal is currently being reworked to be faster and more effective. That's why there are systems like ranked restrictions (being tested on NA and EUW), chat restrictions (you might have seen these), and a leaver detector (to be tested on NA, if it's not already). These systems are supposed to be built into the new Tribunal. While the Tribunal is down, Riot are themselves judging cases and dealing with badly behaving players. Considering there's a million players in ranked on EUNE, that's a huge workload. Even if only 1% are classified as toxic players, a lot of bad behavior comes from the rest of the playerbase, when they're having a bad day or are on tilt or something.

Trolls, afks, leavers, rage, flame... that's all bad stuff. You should always report it if you see it, because Riot's systems still gather reports, and Riot still punishes people even though the public Tribunal is currently down. Also, they're more common on the enemy team. You just don't notice when that happens. You don't see the enemy chat, and you don't care about how you won as long as you won, whereas when they're on your team, you remember it better because they cost you a potential victory. That's negativity bias, and we all have it.

If a player has been marked by Leaverbuster, you can rest assured the leave/afk has been noticed by the system. If not, you can report them for leaving/afk, so Riot can adjust their systems, and so that that player's case will end up judged and he'd punished for it.

Many players suggest instabans for leaves, but that doesn't solve the problem of players having irl issues, hardware problems, connection problems. But leaving gets punished if it's a recurring thing. I don't know how often you'd have to leave for Riot's systems to take action, though.

Also, Riot rarely posts here. You'll have more luck getting a Rioter to respond by posting on the NA boards (you can do that with you EUNE account), or getting to the /r/leagueoflegends front page. Here we've pretty much only got Hansiman. Not a red, but a good guy wrenchman.

Adraenius

11-08-2014

Adrenalotr, I do agree with almost everything you say, we share a common view on the matter, but I am tired of seeing this 1% being mentioned all the time. We really have to distinguish, are we talking ranked or normal games? What is really toxic?
Anyway, the reality is that toxic players dont prevent anyone from climbing the ranks, you get some, the enemy team gets some, so in the end you do have less chances of having a troll in your games. At least in ranked, because in normal games the situation is much much worse. The best solution is to pay no attention to trolls, mute them, and just try to learn the champion you selected eventhough you know you will most probably lose.

Adrenalotr

11-08-2014

Quote:
Adraenius:
Adrenalotr, I do agree with almost everything you say, we share a common view on the matter, but I am tired of seeing this 1% being mentioned all the time. We really have to distinguish, are we talking ranked or normal games? What is really toxic?

Toxic is one of four player behavior profiles Riot uses for players when analyzing behavior, and that 1% is their number. Those toxic players account for 5% of total toxicity in the game. I believe the exact term was consistently toxic, but I'd have to dig up the source on that to check. Individual players, whether generally bad, neutral or good in behavior, account for most of the rest, with neutral players being the quiet types that don't contribute much to the toxicity in the game.

Toxicity, meanwhile, is generally efined as negative behavior that spreads to other players. Bad behavior, I suppose, is negative behavior that is easier to deal with. This is subjective for individual players, but overall probably amounts to offensive language and negative attitude that's reported but not directed at teammates or other players. Toxic, meanwhile, would be verbal abuse, feeding, those kinds of behaviors, since they can upset players in a way that affects them in subsequent games where the source of the toxicity isn't involved anymore.

I don't know whether the number comes from normals, ranked, or everything, but it was the number Lyte showed in a talk at, iirc, MIT. It's on youtube. My guess is that it's from all queues combined, since the Tribunal doesn't (didn't) care which queue you were reported in, you were punished anyway if you were found guilty.

I find it rather uplifting to keep in mind that actually toxic players are quite rare, and most misbehavior comes from people who are just having a bad day, or themselves met a toxic players and are still upset about it. It's also one of rather few numbers that Riot has come out with. I'd much rather have more specific numbers, like likelyhood of getting an actually toxic player or percentage of games with a leaver in them, to spam all over this forum, but I don't. Not yet, anyway.

Onizuka

11-08-2014

Something being acceptable and "how many times I can do this before I get punished" are two different things.

It is not acceptable at all.

UnknownToPublic

11-13-2014

every normal match.
i mean if you go to ranked theres little less chance that you will get a troller.
for example of typical kid.
"mid or feed" "i go mid idc" "2 mid k" "i said first reported".
then you probably or rarely in series so you let it go mid
then enemy mid is fed.
good luck
i consider transfare to another server but it will give you **** ping,trust me i done this

Unicornqua

11-13-2014

And you really think it's better anywhere else?