Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A basic update on game modes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

anwmalara

11-04-2014

Hello LoL community
In this thread we're going to discuss a basic (given for some people) difference in game modes.

People who like to play all champions, without having a specific one in mind, can choose to play the game mode ARAM. In this mode players must accept the possibility that they might NOT GET THE CHAMPION THEY WANT and neither of the teams will. Their champion, along with the champions of his/her teamplayers might NOT BE THE PERFECT ONES. Good?

Then there's the Team Builder. In this game mode players can choose any champion they want, they can choose to play ANY role and go on any lane they want to. They have the option to leave before the game starts without being punished, if the team they are with is not likely to win.

As retarded this subject may seem to reasonable people (and yes it's true...) some people can't understand the difference between these and join the opposite game mode rather the one that they want to play.

Adorable League of Legends team and tribunal: in punishing people, soft as hell, is an understatement on how you manage things...

Adrenalotr

11-04-2014

Riot are currently working on ranked restrictions to deal with the biggest cause of problems in the game, currently being tested in NA and EUW. The new Tribunal is being built on the results of these tests. While I'd personally like to see Champ Select as their next focus, we don't know what their priorities are after their current projects.

I think ARAM's all-RANDOM component could be better conveyed to players, since there are clearly problems with how many players treat the game mode. What do you think Riot should do to make ARAM better for everyone?

anwmalara

11-05-2014

Quote:
Adrenalotr:
I think ARAM's all-RANDOM component could be better conveyed to players, since there are clearly problems with how many players treat the game mode. What do you think Riot should do to make ARAM better for everyone?

Make 15min bans after you leave a game, at least while in champion selection phase.

RIOT's priority should be making the game more balanced rather than making champs and maps. I hope you noticed the word "priority". It shouldn't be their only concern but the way the game is played is something that needs to be handled more closely not with ignorance. I have so many champions to choose what and where I want to play, enough! ok! we got many of them. How about fixing the gameplay now?

Unicornqua

11-05-2014

Quote:
anwmalara:
Make 15min bans after you leave a game, at least while in champion selection phase.

There is 15 minutes ban if you leave ARAM. At least there was when I was forced to leave last time. The penalty is much longer here than on any other map.

Dardasim

11-05-2014

For ARAM, I'd like to have more than 2 re-rolls. I think 10 would be more appropriate.

anwmalara

11-05-2014

I think you should play normal maybe.