Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Patch makes my PC freeze! (the first time)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brian007

11-04-2014

Every time I start my sony vaio laptop (VPCEB36GM) and click the LoL shortcut, my computer freezes (the mouse only froze the first time); I hover the mouse over icons and the start bar in the bottom and nothing moves and I can't click anything.

This would last around 3-5 minutes. This only happens the first time when I start my laptop and click to start LoL. Notice that I wait for everything to load and everything works perfectly fine. It is LoL causing the problem. I never had problems until the most recent patch (or maybe the last 2 patches; it's been like a week I guess until I said "this is unbearable&quot.

So I said ENOUGH. I uninstalled, restarted, downloaded, installed, and then opened LoL. Closed it, restarted pc and now the same thing is happening but this time it seems to last like a minute. Again if I close the window and open LoL again it works fine.

Also, once my pc unfreezes I feel like no matter how long I wait LoL wont launch but with ctrl+alt+del I notice it running in the background as a program. So I always double click and open LoL again, it tells me another instance of LoL is running would you like to terminate it? I click ok and the new opens up fine.

This is ridiculous. I will uninstall this game if you don't fix this issue. I don't know if it's the new remake of the lol launcher interface that's causing the freezing. This is your problem and it is unbearable.
I never had any problems so far and my laptop is quadra core at 2.53 Ghz (intel i5) and it has 4GB RAM. Something in your code is what is likely to be causing my problem. Trust me if I uninstall your game one more time it will be permanent; I won't look back.

Proofa

11-04-2014

Omg,this happens to me too...I have pretty powerful pc so i thought it might be pc but now know this is some kinda of bug! Ty for posting this.

Cypratium

11-05-2014

I'm experiencing this too!

Brian007

11-09-2014

Great now the problem occurs right after login; interface information windows haven't loaded yet and chat is still connecting. The orange box "PLAY" barely loads and is visible.

Everything freezes including beyond the LoL window + my mouse for about a minute.
Fix it. It's annoying.

PinkyMaunt

11-09-2014

Riot just sux deal with that

DarknightCZ

02-16-2015

I'm having the same problem. I start LoL for the first time and my computer freezes for about 1 minute. The client animations ussually won't load either. When I restart the client, everything works fine. I didn't find functional solution...