Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quinn - ACC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Giedrs

11-03-2014

are quinn good in jungle ?

Choda

11-04-2014

Hmm not tried it but think it could work cause her blind would help her survive better agaisnt monsters but does not have great ganks and her ulti cooldown is high
Could work well tough

The P0ntiff

02-05-2015

I've been playing her in the jungle ALOT since the season 5 changes to the jungle. I go with 5 points in defense (2pts in HP/5 regen, and 3 on the jungle camp defense masteries) with all remaining points in offense. Always start with the golems and Q for first ability, don't even really need much of a leash. Blind the golems right away and stand in the brush, auto attack, proc your passive, and smite big golem after blind wears off to stun. Finish the camp, take a point in Vault (E), and proceed immediately to red.

If you did it right, you should have 4 hits on your stun buff, meaning you need 2 autos on red before he'll be stunned. Auto attack "Big Red" that 1-3 times until he's stunned, kiting backwards slightly if needs be. Be very careful during all of this that you don't allow the camp to hard reset. By all means you should make use of 3-4 soft resets, but if you try to just hover outside of the camp's range and auto attack, the camp will "hard reset" after 5 attempts to attack you and regain almost all of its HP. This will lead to a very long/delayed clear time. So now that Big Red is stunned you want to auto attack it once again and move toward him and now use your Q. That's right. You should not have used Q yet. The key here is not using blind until Big Red is actually going to be able to hit you, which is not until after he's stunned the first time. Right as he's about to come out of the stun you blind him and his buddies. While he's swinging and missing, you want to reposition yourself behind Big Red and Vault off of him. This will give you some distance to auto him a few more times and proc yet another stun while taking only 2-3 attacks from him the whole time. By the time the 2nd stun wears off your blind will almost be back up. Kite away from him as best you can but you'll likely kill him before your 2nd Q is available. I usually drink 1 pot while this is all going on once I've taken enough damage to not waste any of it. Use your 2nd blind on the remaining 2 small monsters (try to get them lined up close enough where they will both be hit, but not a necessity) and finish them off. Remember that the DoT from Red will now be applied so don't waste time on a final auto for these little bastards if you know the DoT will burn them down.

Now you have 3 options. Option 1, and what I usually opt for, go for a gank. This is something you have to just learn with jungle experience. Mid is the shorter lane, but your target is squishier. Top is the longer lane and often times your top laner will have more CC in his kit to help. It all comes down to what you think will be most successful. Remember that even getting the enemy laner to blow flash is a successful gank and you should not over pursue a gank, especially early on. You can gank bottom lane as well, but i find that you're better off leaving bot alone on this first gank. The mid and top laners are more vulnerable and do not expect to see a Quinn jungle gank at level 2. If you see that the timing isn't quite right but it may be in another 10 seconds, there's nothing wrong with taking out the scuttle crab while you wait. You'll be amazed how fast you can kill it with the remainder of your stun buff that you got off the first smite because they take extra damage when cc'd. The added benefit here is that you'll regen HP from killing it due to the machete passive.

Option 2 is to proceed direct to blue buff and take your blue. No matter when you go to take blue, whether its immediately after red or after a gank, this is how you do it. First, drop your trinket ward in the brush right next to blue camp while over the wall. Next, begin auto attacking Big Blue. DO NOT use your blind yet. Your autos will cause Blue to start making his way to you, very slowly. While its tempting to vault onto him after procing your first Harrier, do not do this or you will mess up the positioning and end up taking more damage than you need to. While auto attacking blue, you want to stand just on the other side of where the brush ends on the blue camp wall. If you stand any further away than that edge Blue will get to that point, realize you are too far away, and walk back to his home. Hard reset, start over. If you stand where I told you to, he will get into range to attack you from the brush. This is also why we need the trinket ward there, so we don't lose vision of him when he goes into the brush. Now, just as he is about to get into range, Gouge him Valor! You may still take that first initial auto, depending on your timing and how blind works in the code of LoL, but now you need to reposition. Right after you Q Blue, you want to get behind him, just like you did with Red. Once behind him, Vault off of him towards the other side of the blue camp. Now you are just going to kite Big Blue as best you can until you finish him off. You should still have at least 1/2 HP after you finish the camp off and still have 1 hp potion. You do not need to use this pot if you go kill a scuttle crab immediately after this, but its up to you.

Option 3, Counter Jungle. This is the ballsiest move, but its also one that is highly effective. One of the advantages of Quinn jungle is that very few junglers can duel her 1v1 and hope to win. This is because of Quinn's passive combined with Vault, and obviously throwing a blind in there, but also because she's ranged and your enemy jungler is not. You have two objectives in this option. Either you go to kill the jungler at their 2nd buff or you are stealing their blue (or both). This option can be tricky because Quinn's passive is visible to the enemy, so if Val marks one of the mobs at the enemy's buff, he'll know you are there. Ideally you will drop your trinket ward in the brush near the buff they are about to come take, see them start it, then after they tank some dmg from it you can blind them, auto attack, proc passive, vault, proc passive, all the while applying red buff. Either you'll kill them or they'll barely get away with their life and blow flash. Either way, make sure you take that buff from them.

That's it guys. Hope you get an idea of how to play Quinn. I'll close with build/strategy tips.

Start machete, 2 pots, and warding trinket. Ideal 1st back is Rangers Trailblazer (no other upgrade is as useful as the RT with Quinn, she thrives off of that AoE stun) a Doran's Blade, and boots. No matter what, you want your upgraded jungle item and some HP pots at the bare minimum. If its a choice between getting boots or some damage, I'll usually opt for boots first but its up to you. I highly recommend your first combat item be a Doran's Blade. The added HP and 3% lifesteal help alot. At first I was just going straight for a brutalizer but I found that the doran item really makes a big difference from lvl 3-6. Worth the investment and you'll find that you will not be hurting for gold later on. After your first back, I usually go straight to the golems again to get that stun buff for further clearing. The other option is to hit the toucans and get the true sight buff then look for a gank.

I will normally build one of two core items first, Brutalizer or Stattik Shiv. Go for a brutalizer if you get set back early or fail a gank and don't have much gold to play with. Longswords are cheap dmg, and brutalizer builds into the warrior enchantment for your trailblazer. The other option is to build statik shiv first. Shiv is really good on Quinn because the charge on shiv builds up faster on movement and the movement on your vault counts towards that charge. Its also a strong damage item earlier in the game. The 100 magic damage falls off quite a bit as you get into late game, but early on its a powerful burst and helps you clear camps faster.

My full build looks something like this: Ranger's Trailblazer with Warrior enchantment, Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster or BotRK, Zephyr (tenacity + 10% CDR + Mvmt Speed + 50% atk spd), Black Cleaver, and Mobility boots. You might prefer the Beserker's Greaves over Mobos, and they work, but the key to Quinn jungle is mobility and assassination. You have no tankiness, your goal is to blow up enemy laners in a quick burst of damage before they can do anything about it. When you get to mid/late game, you should be split pushing and/or counter jungling most of the time and waiting for someone to come try to stop you. When they do, you either annihilate them in a duel or you reposition to your team or split push another lane. Your job is to create pressure in the lanes, forcing them to send someone to deal with you. Quinn, especially with items, can shove down lanes with terrifying speed. Grab that same stun buff you got from the golems in the beginning of the game and when you get to that 2nd tier turret, Tag Team your old pal Val in. Watch Val with an IE and that buff just knock that tower into rubble in a matter of seconds. Teams don't realize how fast Valor can shred through buildings, especially with that buff for the first hit. As soon as the tower is laying in ruins, dip out. Valor is too fast for almost any champ in the game with the exception of maybe Hecarim or Rammus. I usually find myself in a spot where I have 3 levels up on my bot laners and 1-2 over the other lanes just because I can soak up so much exp and gold in the jungle and split pushing.

Quinn is also capable of solo'ing dragon by level 6. Take advantage of the fact that she's ranged and pull dragon out from the pit if you're on the "Red" side. No sense in leaving dragon in his pit so the enemy team can pull a sneaky steal. She makes short work of Baron Nashor as well, but remember that you'll need someone who can tank it for you.

Tragic Positive

02-05-2015

Giedrs, I'll try to answer your question as easily as possible.

She is not that bad in jungle, but still not good enough.
She can't engage a fight, her ganks are not powerful, her clear spead is rather slow and her performance overall is mediocre.

There is no real reason to bring Quinn into the jungle. Anyone else from the standard junglers would do a better job. In everything, even dealing damage.

Quinn is most suited to be a counter-champ. She is excellent at countering several top champions, and I can imagine her being fine even against certain bot-lane match-ups. Heck, I think she would be fine even on mid lane versus non-mage picks. Especially against Akali post-nerf.
But nope, her jungle does not give anything you might need. I tried her a few days ago.

Sturm Dragonkin

02-05-2015

Dude, check the date....

Tragic Positive

02-05-2015

Quote:
Sturm Dragonkin:
Dude, check the date....

I still don't see a reason to support a thread that is up to date today.
... Better to bring back the old thread than create several new ones about the same thing. Quinn has not been changed, nor the topic has.

There's a difference in necroing a long-dead and closed thread and a forgotten thread.

Enjutsu

02-05-2015

Funny thing is that quinn is good evrywhere else but bot.

Tragic Positive

02-06-2015

Quote:
Enjutsu:
Funny thing is that quinn is good evrywhere else but bot.

She is situational pick for bot lane. Counters Champions like Vayne or Draven.
... Most of others - she struggles against.

On mid lane she gets bullied by mages. She is fine against melee assassins.

Dopellsolder

02-06-2015

On mid she is good against mages at laning phrase because ADC have naturally higher AD in early thus their harrass is more effective (mages are weak early because they can have mana problems early on and deal low damage because dont have any rabadon/void staff yet).

But the problem with ADC-s mid is that this strategy falls off in mid-late game because theyre risky champions due to their low range and are squishy of course. God help Quin in late game against Orianna or Veigar.