Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tauting and laughing at others is supported but saying "Thank you" is not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norinrad

11-02-2014

Greetings fellow summoners and (hopefully) Rioters.
Recently I've noticed something about the emote system (joke, taunt, dance and laugh) that made me think - why is that champions in the game can taunt enemies and laugh at them and not thank their teammates for their help?

I get the feeling that through this the game itself supports negative and unsportsman-like behaviour - something that Riot tries to root out of the game for a long time now.

I don't find it suprising when a normal player is getting mad when he's doing bad in a game and then the enemies characters show up - they laugh at him, making him even more angry. This escalates to other players from the same team leading to a bad and frustrating game to everyone in team (you know those afkers and ragers).

Now let's say we have this Garen who is having a hard time on top and then you help him by making a succesful gank and after that he says "Thank you, kind citizen!". Wouldn't it be nice to hear something like this?

Now many would say "You can just type a quick "ty" in the chat but then I would say, hearing a nice and loud "Thank you!" is much nicer than a dry two letters in a chat.

What I'm trying to say is that there should be more tools in game to encourage positive behaviour rather than tools for escalating negativites.

So what do you think?

Onizuka

11-02-2014

Once you start adding emotes, people will want more and more. Where isnt there one for cry? Why isnt there one for flirt? Why isnt there one to sing?

Norinrad

11-02-2014

You are right but still I think there is more reason behind a 'Thank you' emote than behind cry, flirt or even joke or dance.

Lill Snorre 1337

11-02-2014

Personally I feel that an emote like this is not necessary to add since it does not contribute to the game. If you want to thank another teammate you can use the chat function which does not stop your champions movements etc.

Another point is that you would have had to remake 100+ champions adding the amote and having to record the words "thank you". This would take alot of time and money, time and money I feel would be better used somewhere else.

Sincerely

warmachine1

11-02-2014

Quick chat message function could come in handy, at least it would help chat restricted people.

Simple interactive message wheel like smartping.

Dardasim

11-03-2014

Quote:
Lill Snorre 1337:

Another point is that you would have had to remake 100+ champions adding the amote and having to record the words "thank you". This would take alot of time and money, time and money I feel would be better used somewhere else.

This has to be the main issue.