Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I was wrongly accused

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zjuuuu

11-01-2014

Some toxic playeres have reprted ME, they said i did not help my team i was playing Sona(My favourite champion in the game) in ARAM and had score of 9 3 60 and we won. I wonder how can i be reprted wen did everithing i can i was the best player of the game? Does this cind of thing happen to someone else or is it just me?

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

11-02-2014

Greetings.

If you did nothing wrong, ignore it. You won't get punished unless you break the rules.

DeadPhilosophy

11-05-2014

"You won't get punished if you don't do anything". So, after having 3 games with at least 1 afk-er, resulting in surrender at 20 (all 3), on the 4th, I was harrassed and "verbally abused" with words such as the F word, and after the game, to top it all off, I received a WARNING from the game, telling me to stop with the negative attitude. Now, if I may ask Riot, how is this report system working, since toxic players and leavers are literally flooding the games, and to top it all off, actual victims of these people get warnings? Thanks.

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

11-05-2014

Quote:
DeadPhilosophy:
actual victims of these people get warnings? Thanks.

Did you even read my post? If you did nothing wrong, ignore it. You won't get punished unless you break the rules.

The warning is purely automatic, and appears if you recieve a spike in your average reports.

Adrenalotr

11-05-2014

Quote:
how is this report system working, since toxic players and leavers are literally flooding the games, and to top it all off, actual victims of these people get warnings?

The notification system works by counting the reports you get and comparing that to how many reports you normally get. If you get significantly more than your normal amount of reports, you get that notification. This system doesn't care about how valid the reports are, it just tells you that other players have reported you. If there's reason to calm down, you probably should. if not, you can freely ignore it.

Meanwhile, all the reports count towards a player's case. The more games a player gets reported in, and the more worth those reports are (if you spam reports whenever you lose, your reports count less; if you only report bad behavior, your reports count more), the higher priority he is to the system. The system will then evaluate him (Tribunal when available, otherwise Riot directly) and punish him if he's guilty of breaking the Summoner's Code. Most behavior we call toxic is against that Code, and punishable.

Current punishments are chat restrictions, temporary bans, and permabans, which can be levied at all the user's accounts. Riot are currently testing whether restricting players from the ranked queue reduces toxicity in the game overall (rather than just moving some of it to normal queues), so that's likely going to be a punishment we'll be seeing more of.

That's my understanding of it. You're not likely to get a Red in here to explain it since a lot of this information is already available elsewhere, and Reds tend not to frequent these forums. Unfortunately.