Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Vospithran, the Inventor's Spark

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowConfessor

10-31-2014

Updated!!! (12.1.2015)

To see the changes made, scroll down to the Changes Log section, located after the Animations

~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~

Hello
This is my 3rd champion suggestion (and the last one, I suppose). My other champion suggestions are in the end of this post

As you see, no polls this time

Champion Concept

Vospithran is one of Viktor's creations, who managed to break the ties that Viktor used to control him. As a result of this action, Vospithran is forced to charge unwillingly, but when he does, he takes full advantage of it. More details in the Lore that will be released.

The idea was a result from: "A top lane fighter whose abilities would be electric-themed ". Originally I thought about a fighter with AD scalling, but "Wait! A top lane fighter with AP scalling and magic damage dealing abilities like Rumble or Diana would be better!". So here we are...

Champion Description

Like many fighters, Vospithran has fair damage dealing and sustain, plus defence and movement. His crowd control abilities help with his teammates' focusing on a lockdown enemy. He is getting charged over time and every time he damages an enemy unit. When he is fully charged, he gains new abilities and specific buffs for a few seconds (till he discharges).

Lore
Coming soon...

Attributes

Primary role: Fighter
Secondary role: Mage

Stats

• Damage: 52 (+3 per level) = 106 at level 18
  • Health: 457 (+82 per level) = 1933 at level 18
  • Mana: 215 (+60 per level) = 1295 at level 18
  • Armor: 21 (+2.5 per level) = 66 at level 18
  • Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25 per level) = 52.5 at level 18
  • Health Regen.: 6.85 (+0.55 per level) = 16.75 at level 18
  • Mana Regen.: 5.35 (+0.65 per level) = 17.05 al level 18
  • Range: 125 (Melee)
  • Attack Speed: 0.6875 (+2.6% per level) = 0.99 at level 18
  • Movement Speed: 330

(The stats refer to level 0 champion)

Abilities

Passive: Hyper Kinetic Battery

Quote:
Vospithran stores 1 stack of energy every second and each time he deals damage to enemies (1 stack each time an ability or basic attack damages an enemy).

When Vospithran reaches 100 stacks, he can become charged for 20 seconds by activating his ultimate (R) on discharged stance within 10 seconds after he reached 100 stacks.

When charged, Vospithran gains access to Electro Pulse, Magnetic Field, Electric Whip and Shockblast Grenade abilities, increases his movement speed by 10/15/20 and his magical damage ignores 5/10/15 % of the target's Magic Resist for the duration.

Once he becomes discharged, Vospithran cannot store energy stacks and gains 10/20/30 bonus Armor and Magic Resist for 20 seconds.

Upon dying, Vospithran loses ALL his stacks.

(On levels 1-6/7-12/13-18)

(Discharged/Fully charged)

Q: Thunderbolt Strike/Electro Pulse

Quote:
Thunderbolt Strike

Vospithran charges up his weapon, causing his next basic attack to deal magic damage and mark the target hit.

Active: The next basic attack gains 50 range, deals 25/45/65/85/105 (+100% AD) (+60% AP) magic damage and marks the target for 10 seconds. If the mark is triggered from a second Thunderbolt Strike or from Electrocution, the target will be stunned for 0.5/0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9 seconds.

Resets attack timer.

Animation: Electric bolts pass through Vospithran's weapon

Cost: 40 Mana
Cooldown: 8/7/6/5/4 seconds

Quote:
Electro Pulse

Vospithran fires a pulse that damages all enemies in a cone.

Active: Vospithran fires a pulse that deals 60/95/130/165/200 (+70% AP) magic damage to all enemies in a cone in front of him.

Animation: Vospithran's launchers fire a pulse

Range: 400
Cone Angle: 45°
Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 Mana
Cooldown: 6 seconds

W: Power Charge/Magnetic Field

Quote:
Power Charge

Vospithran increases the rate of gaining energy stacks and also gains increased movement speed for the duration.

Active: Vospithran energy stacks income rate is tripled for 4 seconds and also he gains 20/25/30/35/40 % increased movement speed for the same duration.

Animation: Electric bolts show up from Vospithran's shell.

Cost: 10% of current HP
Cooldown: 20 seconds

Quote:
Magnetic Field

Vospithran creates a magnetic field around him, dealing damage to enemies inside it and slowing them. He can activate this ability again, stunning himself and all enemies inside the field.

Active: Vospithran creates a magnetic field around him for 5 seconds. Enemies inside take 20/30/40/50/60 (+20% AP) magic damage per second and are slowed by 15%.

Vospithran can cast this ability for a second time within 3 seconds, stunning himself and all enemies inside the field for 1.5 seconds.

Animation: Vospithran creates an ionic field around him (pretty much like Jayce's W on hammer stance)

Range: 400 (like Malphite's E)
Cost: First Cast: 40/55/70/85/100 Mana, Second Cast: 10% of current HP
Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds

E: Electrocution/Electric Whip

Quote:
Electrocution

Every 4 attacks, Vospithran's next basic attack will deal bonus AoE magic damage.

Passive: Every 4 basic attacks, Vospithran deals an additional 40/65/90/115/140 (+30% AP) magic damage to all enemies around the target.

Animation: Pretty much like statikk shiv, but damages everyone inside the AoE.

Range: A circle with 350 diameter at the target's position (like Lee Sin's E first cast)

Vospithran can only benefit from this passive when he is discharged

Quote:
Electric Whip

Vospithran throws forward his whip, dealing magic damage to the first enemy it contacts. This ability can activated for a second time within 2 seconds, to deal additional magic damage and stun the enemy target.

Active: Vospithran throws forward his whip, dealing 40/80/120/160/200 (+60% AP) magic damage to the first target hit.

This ability can be casted again within 2 seconds to deal an additional 10/20/30/40/50 (+15% AP) magic damage to the target and stun it for 1 second.

Animation: The whip binds to the target who contacts first and remains bound till slow duration ends. When activating again, electric bolts hit the target through the whip.

Skill type: Skillshot
Range: 850
Shell Width: 150
Shell Speed: 850
Cost: First Cast: 50/60/70/80/90 Mana, Second Cast: 10% Current HP
Cooldown: 10 seconds

R: Shock Resistant/Shockblast Grenade

Quote:
Shock Resistant

When discharged, Vospithran passively gains a percentage of Tenacity. Tenacity also increases depending on Vospithran's missing Health.

When Vospithran reaches 100 stacks, he can activate "Shock Resistant" within 10 seconds to become charged.

Passive: Vospithran gains 10/15/20 % Tenacity. Also, for each 5/3.5/2 % of health missing, Vospithran gains an additional 1% Tenacity.

Animation: Vospithran's shell glows light blue when he overcomes 70 % Tenacity.

Vospithran can only benefit from this passive when he is discharged

Quote:
Shockblast Grenade (only when fully charged)

When fully charged, Vospithran throws a charged grenade at the targeted area.

Active: When fully charged only, Vospithran empowers a grenade and throws it at the targeted area, dealing 200/300/400 (+80% AP) magic damage and stunning all enemies inside the affected area for 1.5 seconds.

The grenade is tossed after channeling for 1 second.

Vospithran can only throw the grenade when he is fully charged

Animation: When charging, Vospithran's canons glow light yellow. When the channel ends, the canons fire 2 projectiles that land where the center of the explosion is supposed to be.

Skill type: Targeted Area
Range of throw: 650
Projectiles' Speed: 650
AoE damage range: A circle with 450 diameter
Cost: 100 Mana
Cooldown: 120 seconds

Recommended Items
  • Sorcerer's Shoes
  • Iceborn Gauntlet
  • Rod of Ages
  • Will of the Ancients
  • Rabadon's Deathcap
  • Banshee's Veil

Quotes

Selecting Vospithran in the champion selection screen:
"Systems fully charged!"

Moving:
"Destination set..."
"Setting new course..."
"I see..."
"Calculating distance for arrival..."
"Betrayed my Creator..."
"Analyzing possible threats..."
"Fully operational"
"Electricity is what makes me exist"
"Full of energy"
"Sparks my interest"

Attacking:
"Enemy activity detected"
"Electrodes PRIME"
"Electrostrike"
"Charge faster"
"Light 'em up"
"Surge!"

Casting Thunderbolt Strike:
"Empower!"
"Reinforce!"
"Amplifying"
"Charging"

Casting Electro Pulse:
"Shockwave"
"Pulsing strike"

Casting Power Charge:
"Energy stored"
"Advancing"

Casting Ionic Field (second cast):
"EMP!"

Casting Electric Whip (second cast):
"Electrify!"
"Get hit by stream"

Landing Shockblast Grenade:
"Stunning surprise!"
"My present for you!"

When becoming fully charged:
"Stored energy consumption activated"
"Here I am! Fully charged!"
"Switching to Threat Encounter mode"

When becoming discharged:
"Switching to Energy Storing mode"
"Discharged, for now..."

Reaching 100% Tenacity:
"I'm invulnerable!"

Joke:
Vospithran says:
"I have to be very careful with this energy"
Then, he accidentally touches himself with his right arm and gets shocked. After that he says:
"Rebooting..."

Taunt:
"Are you ready for some SHOCKING news?"

Animations

When dying
He explodes like Xerath or falls like Blitzcrank (I haven't decided)

When recalling
He stands still and the energy bolts from him no more show up, while he says:
"Initiating teleportation. All energy needed"
"Transferring energy to teleportation systems"

Changes Log

---> 12.1.2015

-Several balances on the abilities

--Passive

---Now it can be triggered within 10 seconds from when you have got 100 stacks, by activating the passive on the "Charged" state.

--Q
---Thunderbolt Strike (Discharged): No changes made
---Electro Pulse (Charged): No changes made

--W
---Power Charge (Discharged): Instead of getting 10 staxks instantly, Vospithran now gains triple rate of stack income for 4 seconds. The cost is also decreased to 10% of current HP (from 20% of current HP)
---Magnetic Field (Charged): No changes made

--E
---Electrocution (Discharged): No changes made
---Electric Whip (Charged): Slow effect removed from the first cast. Also, damage increased. The second cast deals 25% Damage and stuns the enemy. Also, second cast's cost changed to 10% of Current HP (from 25/30/35/40/45 Mana)

--R
---Shock Resistant (Discharged): When Vospithran reaches 100 stacks, he can now activate R in order to trigger "Charged" state within 10 seconds
---Shockblast Grenade (Charged): The channeling duration required is decreased to 1 second (from 1.5 seconds)

Here are all my Champion Suggestions with links (Release Order). Visit them if you want.

1.) Gardanx, the Abyssal Vanguard (http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=757218)

2.) Nezalon, the Archmage of Demacia (http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=755213)

3.) Vospithran, the Inventor's Spark (You are here )

4.) Sanargath, the Void Bloodseeker (http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=791857)

Feel free to comment, rate, share, ask anything, correct any mistakes and give your opinion about him as well as suggesting reductions or increases on the stats.

Thanks for viewing

Have a nice day

ShadowConfessor

11-04-2014

Need Feedback Ty for viewing this

DarkFireFlash

11-05-2014

R - the charged version seems a little weak when comparing to let's say Ezreal's ult? You should maybe buff it a little. That's all for now overall seems awesome

ShadowConfessor

11-06-2014

Quote:
DarkFireFlash:
R - the charged version seems a little weak when comparing to let's say Ezreal's ult? You should maybe buff it a little. That's all for now overall seems awesome

Ezreal's ultimate damages all units in a row and inflicts moderate amount of dmg (if you play AD Ezreal). For Vospithran, I wanted his ultimate to be strong regarding damage and cc, but also can be interrupted in order to give the enemy team the opportunity to not become stunned instantly. Also an indicator would mark the area where the grenade is supposed to land.

Thanks for viewing all my suggestions and saying positive words. I really appreciate it.

DarkFireFlash

11-06-2014

Quote:
ShadowConfessor:
Ezreal's ultimate damages all units in a row and inflicts moderate amount of dmg (if you play AD Ezreal). For Vospithran, I wanted his ultimate to be strong regarding damage and cc, but also can be interrupted in order to give the enemy team the opportunity to not become stunned instantly. Also an indicator would mark the area where the grenade is supposed to land.

Thanks for viewing all my suggestions and saying positive words. I really appreciate it.

That seems legit, with a chance not to be stunned but maybe the stun could scale like 1.5/1.75/2s? So saying it like that means they have more reason to cancel the stun and I play AP Ezreal mid.

ShadowConfessor

11-13-2014

1st Bump

ShadowConfessor

11-17-2014

2nd Bump

Sorry you had to read all this text.

Regarding the Lore, I didn't post it yet because I didn't manage to complete it, but I will asap I am done with other stuff and when I'll have plenty of free time.

Hope I didn't disappointed you.

Still need feedback though

Have a nice day/night

MacPCtheGamer

11-18-2014

Hi. I like your champion idea. Ult seems cool an d overall, I give you 9/10. Reason,why no full 10/10? Well, because I think lore is important. Keep going.
Also, can you give me some feedback on my champion ideas? There's two: Jaeger, the Undead Hunter and a new one, Marian, the Enslaved Marionette.

ShadowConfessor

11-18-2014

Thanks for viewing!

I'm really happy you liked it.

I'll try to take a look on your suggestions, but, unfortunately, my free time is limited (this is also the reason I didn't post the Lore yet). I hope till the end of this month I'll be done.

Nevertheless, you'll get feedback.

Thanks again for viewing this suggestion.

yoniame

12-25-2014

looks nice, but i think his ulti radius is too small for 1,,5 sec channeling. can he move or do sthing while channeling or is it like Lux or Ez ulti?