Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Solution for all the toxicity.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adraenius

10-31-2014

I am contemplating this for some time now, and I think it is the best way to punish toxic players. It is simple really. When you put someone on your ignore list, the system will not put you in the same team with that guy/girl again. Even if that player was not toxic no harm is done. But for the truly toxic player that will become hell, as more people put him on ignore he will just have a hard time getting a match, eventually.

The population of this game is quite big, so this solution will not harm innocents. Of course it will not "punish" offenders quickly, because of that same reason, but I am sure that eventually it will make a difference.

At least having the satisfaction of knowing that you will never see that player again is something.

Eagerly awaiting for your opinions.

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-31-2014

Sorry, but that has been suggested countless of times already, and it's a very poor solution.

So, what happens once you have 200 people on your ignore list, and those people have 200 people on their ignore list, and so on and so forth?

Regardless of how many players this game has, you'll end up with matchmaking not being able to find people with roughly the same MMR, where nobody has anyone else on their ignore list, without queue timers exceeding hours.

Nobody wants to wait for several hours in order to get a match that may be over in 20min.

Adraenius

10-31-2014

I get what you are saying, but the thing is that you will not end up being ignored by 200 people if you are not really a toxic player. You think so many people would ignore someone without a valid reason? I know I wouldnt.
If it is a really bad idea that cant work, eventhough I think it would, then more drastic measures are needed. No simple bans that do nothing. You like to flame and you are a proven toxic player? Nice, good for you, but do get a permaban, no simple chat restrictions. People tha lose an account with almost all champions and runes do feel the pain. The point is that I dont think that Riot really cares about this, they do care about making money, and permabanning customers is losing money, so yeah, there you are, its pointless even talking about this.

(I do know that someone can smurf, but smurfing is not a solution for the troll that lost his main account. And people who play long enough would escape from troll smurfs eventually)

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-31-2014

Please inform yourself of what Riot does to combat unwanted behaviour.

Permabans are still issued, it's just not as visible atm as when the Tribunal was up. All new systems that Riot are developing are focusing on being swifter, and stricter.

Dardasim

10-31-2014

Punishing people will only make it worse. We must find a way to reward them for good behavior, as it seems to be rare these days... kidna sad, actually.

Adraenius

11-01-2014

I do inform myself. Riot is just giving out chat restrictions, not permabans. Maybe its you that should get informed in the first place.
Dardasim, rewarding someone for doing what he is supposed to do in the first place is silly. I am not going to apllaud you for behaving yourself. Similarly, no one is going to reward you in your everyday life for being polite, but you do get punished for toxic behaviour, there are laws out there that simply are not followed in this video game.

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

11-01-2014

Quote:
Adraenius:
I do inform myself. Riot is just giving out chat restrictions, not permabans. Maybe its you that should get informed in the first place.

wrong.

Adraenius

11-01-2014

Quote:
Hansiman:
wrong.

Back at you, you are wrong. By the way, if you have nothing smart to say and you are here only to answer "wrong" or "correct", you can just go away from the forums or simply stop answering because people really have no patience for clearly wrong and misinformed answers. It is stated that they no longer ban players because of verbal abuse and that they only chat restrict them. You are a henchman, go ask and see what they tell you.