Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Chat..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leegacik

10-29-2014

That is driving me crazy, Im serious now is this a bug or is this bull ****, im over it why do I get these chat bans when I dont even type on this damn chat !!!! Someone explain it to me because I just dont get it how I can get this when i dont type in game, only comunicate and I end the ban and I still get it come the hell on this is total bull ****, I know im angry but who would not be when I got ban for no reason at all? I repeat is it damn bug on my acc or wtf

Adrenalotr

10-30-2014

Your post is full of asterisks. That doesn't really help convince us.

If you got your chat restriction before you stopped using the chat, being quiet won't get you out. The system is looking for improvement. Games where you used the chat but wasn't reported for it. Games where you were honored for being friendly, maybe. Improvement.

Dardasim

10-30-2014

You don't randomly get a chat restriction for being quiet. You must have been salty, and I'm betting that's the case after reading your post.

Leegacik

10-30-2014

Then I have to tell people "Oh ur nice" Or "Or I love all of you" or what other things.. to improve it? ..

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-30-2014

Quote:
Leegacik:
Then I have to tell people "Oh ur nice" Or "Or I love all of you" or what other things.. to improve it? ..

No, you just have to not be toxic.

Adrenalotr

10-30-2014

Compliment players on their kills, objectives and escapes. Thank them for giving blue. Ask before taking red. Defend your teammates if they get flamed. Encourage losing lanes, let them know a lost lane isn't a lost game. Be nice and calm.

A "gj" once a game doesn't hurt, does it?

Leegacik

10-30-2014

I always say gj after a gank or smthing lol

TseiCo

11-04-2014

Quote:
Adrenalotr:
Compliment players on their kills, objectives and escapes.

How do you compliment a teammate who has 0/5 in 5 minutes without it sounding.... "sarcastic"?
Quote:
Adrenalotr:
Defend your teammates if they get flamed.

Trust me, not a good idea. Will induce just more flaming.
Quote:
Adrenalotr:
Encourage losing lanes, let them know a lost lane isn't a lost game. Be nice and calm.

Most likely will induce a fair bit of rage or somehow make them think it's ok to keep on feeding.
Quote:
Adrenalotr:
A "gj" once a game doesn't hurt, does it?

Whilst on a chat restriction, you really can't afford to use your already low amount of allowed chat usage on a "gj".

Adrenalotr

11-04-2014

Quote:
TseiCo:
How do you compliment a teammate who has 0/5 in 5 minutes without it sounding.... "sarcastic"?

"Hold your tower and delay the enemy as long as possible, we'll take objectives elsewhere." I had a Gnar who went 0/5 against a Ryze. This would likely have led to a lot of flame if it wasn't for the fact that all the other lanes were winning. All he had to do was the aforementioned holding of the tower, delaying and distracting the enemy, while the rest of us plowed through their turrets.

Quote:
Trust me, not a good idea. Will induce just more flaming.

No long arguments, just ask how the flame is supposed to help, or something like "talk less play more". If you think I'm suggesting people should have a long conversation wit their team about their feelings towards each other, you're clearly not even trying to get my point.

Quote:
Most likely will induce a fair bit of rage or somehow make them think it's ok to keep on feeding.

Is that how you'd take it if someone said that to a losing lane in your game? Is that how you'd take it if you were the losing lane?

If so, you need to change your attitude.

If not, how are you any different from other players?

I'm not saying players won't flame, but if we've already established that the flame doesn't help, it's irrelevant. If players interpret it as permission to intentionally feed, that's their prerogative, as ours is to report them after the game. You can't win every game. But you won't lose as much because of your team.

Quote:
Whilst on a chat restriction, you really can't afford to use your already low amount of allowed chat usage on a "gj".

Protip: Don't get chat restricted. Be a positive player instead.

Besides, what else are you gonna use the chat for that you can't say with smart pings, and that will actually benefit your team?

Unicornqua

11-05-2014

Quote:
TseiCo:

You don't need to compliment just for sake of complimenting. If you can't say anything nice, say something constructive ("play safe and wait for us, we will come to help you&quot or stay silent.
I remember a game when I had 0/4 with Volibear because my opponent was a lot better. Instead of flaming, my teammates came to help me and I ended up with several double kills and only two more deaths. Lost lain is not lost game if you have team to back you up.