Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An Awesome Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nessie95

10-29-2014

Hi i have awesome idea. Everyone hates leavers on Ranked Games Am I Right? So what about that:
If you leave an Ranked game one/first time you get automaticlly ban for 7 days
If you leave it another time you get automaticlly ban for 1 month
If you leave it 3rd time you get PERMban.
Maybe it would help on leavers?

SOOO post you'r comments

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-29-2014

Greetings.

Something like this is already in play. It's called LeaverBuster (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20030633-Leaver-Buster-FAQ).

However, your suggestions are just simply way too strict. Every single player will at some point have a leave, or a disconnection, that's out of their control, and they shouldn't be punished for it.

Punishment comes to those who are frequent with poor behaviour.

DemarcianNoob

10-30-2014

Good idea. Only thing it's that in about 2-3 months we will only be able to play against bots, as all community will be banned.
In about 1000 ranked games, i remember leaving 3 of them, but probably were more. Once electricity went down, once my internet, and once the client had some bugs. This means, after your "awesome idea", i should be banned for leaving in about 0.3% of my games.

Adrenalotr

10-30-2014

If your power or internet connection goes down, you can't play for a week. If someone in your family has a real-world emergency, you can't play for a week. If there's a bug with the game and you never load into the game, you can't play for a week.

And if all three happen, you can never play this game ever again. That doesn't seem fair.

Dardasim

10-30-2014

Quote:
Nessie95:
Hi i have awesome idea. Everyone hates leavers on Ranked Games Am I Right? So what about that:
If you leave an Ranked game one/first time you get automaticlly ban for 7 days
If you leave it another time you get automaticlly ban for 1 month
If you leave it 3rd time you get PERMban.
Maybe it would help on leavers?

SOOO post you'r comments

Okay, so let's see..

Say my internet dies one time... that's a 7 days ban because of technical issues...
Sometime next month, there's a thunderstorm and the electricity craps out... so that's a month ban again because of technical reason.
As I live in an area which is prone to Earthquakes, let's say that later during the same year a powerful earthquake occurs and I have to run to save my life. And I get a permaban.

Your idea is horrible.

warmachine1

10-30-2014

Problem of leaverbuster is that its the only leaver mitigation League have. Why not replace leaver with bot, they gone a long way from being free gold/XP.

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-30-2014

Quote:
warmachine1:
Problem of leaverbuster is that its the only leaver mitigation League have. Why not replace leaver with bot, they gone a long way from being free gold/XP.

That would not be a wise idea.

At least a leaver will be afk in base. A bot will be a fairly easy way of giving your opponents more gold, since most players playing ranked will be able to outsmart them easily.

Nessie95

10-30-2014

Hmmm Maybe you're right so what's about it:

If someone send's an screeshot showing his/her connection problem or have someone who can prove that he/her need to go somewhere and it can't wait so if he/she sends it to support they can unbann this acc. Maybe that will help a little it's not so player's which just have an net disconnect or technicall issues won't be so fckd up :P

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-30-2014

And with that, support will get so many requests that they won't be able to handle the queue within 7 days.

Nessie95

10-30-2014

Hmmm yea this can happend

Ehh so i need to live with them XD