Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Reports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMadnesKill

10-29-2014

The reports in these game are silly in my opinion, for example, I got a team of "Trolls" as players across the world call them, all they did was KS (kill Steal), and let the other "Teamates" die.
In the end I got a terrible score that was a hugh shame for me and my level, yet I had a lot of assists (because of the KS they did to me... had like 21 assists...) in the end, we lost and the group blamed me, and since we played Hexakill, all the 5 players on my team decided to report me, since I had the lowest KDR (once again, its because they kept ksing me and trolling...) when we got to the final score page and we were out of the game I got a message saying that I have been reported a lot latly for "Negative Additude" which as I said earlier, didnt ever happend... I did tell them that they must stop ksing me if they want to win, yet they didnt care at all and kept ksing till the end of the game. In my honest opinion you MUST remove these kind of reports from the league of legends game, since they cause many bans for nothing. if these people will keep playing as they did in my game, and they keep reporting the other teamate that had nothing to do with the lost, this will result a big problem ( about 10 games a day... 10 people everyday being reported for NOTHING at all... ) im one these people who was trapped in this horrible horrible trap and couldnt do anything to prevent this from happening.
To conclude, I know it was long, but it can help many people like me, who suffer from these people, that all he want is to relax after a long day while playing League of legends, and these kind of people prevent it from him, because of them I can no longer speak in chat, if Ill get another team like them, this will result a ban for me, and I wont be able to play anymore, but, since I love this game so much I'd highly suggest you removing the "unskilled" and "negative additude" reports from the report list, since people just abuse them. I must also say, that its not the first time it happend to me, and one time I fell on a bunch of people who decided I was swearing for some odd reason and reported me. once again, for nothing that was my fault. I know for a fact that I'm not the only one whos going through that, and I really hope you'll do something with my complains. For example, record the game play to proof that the person was actually doing that. this can solve many future problem all across the world

Hope to hear from you soon,

TheMadnesKill.

TheMadnesKill

10-29-2014

I have many people that WILL say and admit that I take everything easy, and even if I lose, I can still make it funny for both teams. Just wanted to let you know. thought it was useful information.

Hansiman

Senior Wrenchman

10-29-2014

Greetings.

Keep in mind that KS is a highly debatable manner, and you'll find that most players don't actually think Kill Stealing is a thing. If you are accusing your team mates of stealing your kills, perhaps you are coming of with negative attitude. This is a team game, and your KDA does not matter one bit.

Objectives win games, KDA does not.

False reports won't get you punished either way, so there's no need to worry about them.

Adrenalotr

10-29-2014

Hi, new player. You have a lot of new-player ideas that have been addressed many times before, and they come from not understanding how Riot's systems work. Calm down.

Quote:
TheMadnesKill:
The reports in these game are silly in my opinion, for example, I got a team of "Trolls" as players across the world call them, all they did was KS (kill Steal), and let the other "Teamates" die.

There's no such thing as KS. This is a team game. You're level 17, playing with other low-level players. You are all still learning.

Also, "letting" teammates die is sometimes the correct decision. You can't always save them, and risk dying yourself if you try. You have to make the decision that you think is best for the team. You can't fault them for making that decision. That's not trolling.

Quote:
In the end I got a terrible score that was a hugh shame for me and my level, yet I had a lot of assists (because of the KS they did to me... had like 21 assists...) in the end, we lost and the group blamed me, and since we played Hexakill, all the 5 players on my team decided to report me, since I had the lowest KDR (once again, its because they kept ksing me and trolling...)

Assists are part of your KDA. If it's your Pantheon game you're talking about, you helped your team to a total of 15 kills. If all you care about is your KDR (not same as KDA), you will chase kills and die rather than group and take objectives and win games.

And it doesn't matter whom they blame. if you get reported a lot, a case will be created around your behavior, and you will be evaluated. If you're not behaving badly, the judges will see that and vote to not punish you.

Quote:
when we got to the final score page and we were out of the game I got a message saying that I have been reported a lot latly for "Negative Additude" which as I said earlier, didnt ever happend...

Not a punishment. It's an automated system that just lets you know you've been reported more than usual. If you know you've been falsely reported, you have no thing to worry about. It's there to make sure people who are on tilt and negatively impacting their games are alerted to their teammates' attitude to their behavior.

Quote:
I did tell them that they must stop ksing me if they want to win, yet they didnt care at all and kept ksing till the end of the game.

You can't control what other players do. You can communicate and strategize all you want, but they don't have to listen. And you can't win every game.

Quote:
In my honest opinion you MUST remove these kind of reports from the league of legends game, since they cause many bans for nothing. if these people will keep playing as they did in my game, and they keep reporting the other teamate that had nothing to do with the lost, this will result a big problem ( about 10 games a day... 10 people everyday being reported for NOTHING at all... ) im one these people who was trapped in this horrible horrible trap and couldnt do anything to prevent this from happening.

False reports are countered by those players having their reports count less. Also, it doesn't matter how many reports you get in one game, it's how many of your games you're reported in that counts. These reports do not cause undue bans, since the ban system is _not_ automated. Reports lead to Tribunal cases, which are evaluated by players and Riot, and only if those judges decide there is reason to punish, Riot will decide on a punishment. It's usually a warning first, and nowadays we can expect chat restrictions or ranked restrictions rather than outright bans.

Stop worrying. False reports do not get people punished. The system errs on the side of caution, so more players who should be punished are not punished, so that players who shouldn't be punished don't get punished too. The system is built this way, to not punish the innocent.

Quote:
To conclude, I know it was long, but it can help many people like me, who suffer from these people, that all he want is to relax after a long day while playing League of legends, and these kind of people prevent it from him, because of them I can no longer speak in chat, if Ill get another team like them, this will result a ban for me,

Unless you're actually being offensive, negative, abusive, or otherwise misbehaving in the game, you have no reason to get banned. Stop worrying.

Quote:
and I wont be able to play anymore, but, since I love this game so much I'd highly suggest you removing the "unskilled" and "negative additude" reports from the report list, since people just abuse them.

Unskilled doesn't lead to bans or anything like that. It was likely intended to let Riot get feedback on the accuracy of the matchmaking system (the system that makes sure you don't face Diamond players while you're still leveling up, but instead get players around your skill level). Currently it's abused a lot by players who don't understand it. Riot are currently working on an improved Tribunal and justice system, so it's possible that this report option will disappear or be written differently so people don't use it wrong.

Negative attitude is a useful report option that does belong in the game. Unless you're being negative in the game, you don't have to worry about it. It's useful to report people who repeatedly want to surrender, who give up early in the game, who complain during the game, or who are just unsportsmanlike, without being directly offensive or abusive.

As said before, the system is evaluated by players or by Riot, which means they have to find evidence of bad behavior before they can punish someone. If there is no such evidence, the reports have been false, and the player's record is clean. It's only if there's evidence of them behaving badly that they get punished.

Quote:
I must also say, that its not the first time it happend to me, and one time I fell on a bunch of people who decided I was swearing for some odd reason and reported me. once again, for nothing that was my fault. I know for a fact that I'm not the only one whos going through that, and I really hope you'll do something with my complains. For example, record the game play to proof that the person was actually doing that. this can solve many future problem all across the world

The new Match History is likely to be included in the new Tribunal, and Match History is available to Riot anyway. You can check out the record of your game (not a recording, but all the key events listed) in your Match History (link in the top-right corner of this page). There's a lot of information there that can be used to indicate bad behavior in the game. You won't get punished without evidence.

Quote:
Hope to hear from you soon,

Judging by Riot's track record when it comes to these forums, you won't hear from a Red directly. But there's a lot of information out there as to how the reports work that you could read (including the Support site's knowledge base, link in top-right corner of this window) to put your mind at ease about this.

Dardasim

10-30-2014

Just to let you know that last season in EUW, I got a x9 report for verbal abuse because I picked Janna instead of Leona and the only thing I said throughout the game was "sry I don't have leo".
Don't worry about those pop-up messages after you exit the lobby. Unless you were salty and rude, you won't get a ban.

As for Hexakill, I recommend you pick a champion who can last hit people easily and isn't as team dependant. It's sad, but you have to be extremely selfish and ignore people if you want to achieve in this game. Wait, it's the same in life, isn't it...