Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This is disgusting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astaraya

10-27-2014

From all million possibile events that could happen in a certain amount of consecutive games, how is it possible to win a game and get right after someone that wants to come mid with you because he didn't get his pick with Sona and Clarity? then i leave to avoid losing free lp and i get minus 10 and 30 minutes restriction. It's not just once or twice, it's after every single win. Someone wants to ruin everything for everyone and i get punished for it. How is that even fair?
I get flamed on, cursed, people wish my family cancer and they treat me worse than an animal while i'm all friendly and this what i deserve?
This is a truly disgusting community

Onizuka

10-28-2014

I think it is the Aluminati working against you.

Dim Gremory

10-28-2014

The truth is out there wake up sheeple!!!!1!

Adrenalotr

10-28-2014

No, don't wake up Sheeple (http://xkcd.com/1013/).

The community isn't disgusting. There's disgusting behavior among a minority of players, and occasional negative behavior in any community.

The data may have changed, but a year ago, Riot revealed only 1% of players are considered toxic, and are responsible for 5% of the negative behavior in the game. Meanwhile, the majority - the slightly negative, the neutral, and the positive players - are responsible for most of the negativity in the game. That's because you're matched with 4 other players, and any one of them can have a bad day. If 25% of players are having a bad day any given day, you'll statistically have one of them in every game.

That doesn't mean it's okay. But it helps to understand that a lot of the negativity in the game comes from regular players who are just having a bad day.

Then there's the players who think there are no consequences on the internet. A faster Tribunal (Riot's working on it) should solve this problem. Meanwhile, players will try to get others to dodge in Champ Select by trolling hard in order to get a new game where they're higher pick and can get the champ or position they wanted.

It has nothing to do with what you deserve, it's all players who think they can do this stuff, because they see a short-term benefit of doing it (whether that's catharsis or a new game) and don't consider the long-term consequences (demoralized team, stupid team comp, reports). it's unfortunate that it works a lot of the time. But this behavior is not your fault, and it's not what you deserve.

Just remember that the toxic players are a minority, and you'll get them on your team in 4% of your games.

warmachine1

10-28-2014

Unless they intentionally feed during the match, they "sadly" do not break any rule as call/pick order & meta are not specified in ToS. This is why I fully support team-builder queue for ranked play.

Moppiseksi

10-28-2014

Simple.

If a player says "X or troll or "X or feed", just reply them "Then feed, i play X because of (call/pick) order"

What had happened?

They took other role and tried to play like they normally would.

Adrenalotr

10-28-2014

Quote:
Moppiseksi:
If a player says "X or troll or "X or feed", just reply them "Then feed, i play X because of (call/pick) order"

What had happened?

They took other role and tried to play like they normally would.

Not always. Many of them expect others to chicken out and dodge the game. Often someone on your team will.

Riot's partly to blame here, because the system actually rewards this kind of behavior. If you're last pick and can get someone to dodge the game, you probably won't be 5th pick in your next champ select. If you don't get your role, you can bully a teammate into giving it to you anyway, or to dodge. And that's not good at all.

Not every apparent troll does this. Many of them want to win, and will try this only for as long as they think it'll work. Challenge the troll, challenge the bully. Don't let him bully you or your teammates. But its a game of chicken, and you don't know if the other player is willing to lose a game to prove a point. The slow punishments of the current justice system have a part in this, too.

Onizuka

10-29-2014

The sooner people realize that the correct course of action is to go through with the game instead of dodging or giving into troll demands, the less trolls will be there.

People who give in or dodge reward trolls and only reinforce the belief that trolling will get them what they want.

If they instead played the game and reported the troll at the end of it, the troll would realize that it is not going to work and probably wont try it in the future.