Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I am toxic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dextix LT

10-26-2014

Quote:
So basically I have the right to dislike a movie only if I am able to make or at least write a better one?

If so, then I will have to bend and say that since I am not able to create or figure out a better system (but then again, unlike me, there are people that are getting paid to do it) I must like this one and believe that even that every single spot in my teams is filled with a toxic flamer or intentional troll, the system is perfect.

Nobody is saying that the system is perfect, hell it isnt! Nothing in this world is perfect! But that doesnt mean that you can basically **** on the system as a whole. BEcause thats what your post was. YOu basically said the the system doesnt work at all

Quote:
what the system is doing is literally nothing

Your own words. If you criticize then critisize, but at least use some arguments that can be proved, not your own personal experience. Because right now you are ****ting on the system for no reason. It is the best we have. Critisize all you want. But dont dare to say that the system does nothing or is useless.

Adrenalotr

10-26-2014

Quote:
warmachine1:
For ranked there could be LP distribution against leavers:
Normal loose: -6LP everyone
Loose with AFK: -20LP for AFK & -2LP for rest

It wont deal with feeders & toxic ppl, but will be a first small step.

LP gains and losses are based on your MMR vs. your current rank. It's unfortunate that LP and rank are visible while MMR isn't, because it leads people to value their LP and their rank a bit too much and forget the underlying MMR. Loss mitigation for a team with afk/leaver potentially leads to someone bullying whomever they blame for the loss into leaving, so they can climb faster (which doesn't work anyway, because of LP clamping towards balancing MMR and rank before you get to the promo series). What it does is punish one negative behavior (leaving) more than another (bullying).

--

OurBG, I played with you. Remember what I've said? Take advantage of your enemies' mistakes. Bronze V is a weird place, and I'm not surprised you lose your patience there. But not all players are the infuriating types that you ended up raging at. Most of them, probably, are regular players like you.

If you need to, start a thread. Bronze V Adventures, or something. Borrow my formula: "how did it happen; what did it lead to; what can you learn from it", or use something of your own. Figure out what you can do to win more games, to lose fewer games, or to be able to keep your cool when your team is... well, low Bronze. My thread is part analysis, part amusement, and_part catharsis. That last part has helped me tank through my own teams' bouts of idiocy. Writing helps. Knowing it'll make a fun little story might help.

Onizuka

10-26-2014

Quote:
For ranked there could be LP distribution against leavers:
Normal loose: -6LP everyone
Loose with AFK: -20LP for AFK & -2LP for rest

It wont deal with feeders & toxic ppl, but will be a first small step.

No. Less lost LP means motivation to flame. If your goal is to discourage leaving on purpose, keep the LP loss for other players the same, but increase it for the leaver.

So while they still lose the normal amount of LP, the leaver loses 3-4 times the amount.

OurBG

10-26-2014

My personal experience is what I (normally) use to gain perspective on things. If a person beat me to death and fed you your whole life I will still dislike that person no matter what the "average" opinion about him is.

I repeat for the Nth time that every single of my games is like that. Adrenalotr has played with me and can probably confirm that. 10 or more games a day full with toxic people is honestly enough evidence for me.

And I want to make clear that I am not talking about unskilled, not experienced (noobs) or whatever. I am talking specifically about toxic flame, rage and cursing of all sorts.

warmachine1

10-26-2014

Quote:
Onizuka:
No. Less lost LP means motivation to flame. If your goal is to discourage leaving on purpose, keep the LP loss for other players the same, but increase it for the leaver.

So while they still lose the normal amount of LP, the leaver loses 3-4 times the amount.

Flame can be handled by restrictions, it already does.
The MMR & LP calculations should be done at the end of the match to consider how leaver/s affected the game.

Onizuka

10-27-2014

Quote:
warmachine1:
Flame can be handled by restrictions, it already does.
The MMR & LP calculations should be done at the end of the match to consider how leaver/s affected the game.

Yes, but there is no need to put more reason to flame others. The point should be to discourage leaves, not to encourage players to make someone leave so they lose less LP.

warmachine1

10-27-2014

Quote:
Onizuka:
Yes, but there is no need to put more reason to flame others. The point should be to discourage leaves, not to encourage players to make someone leave so they lose less LP.

Even that can be taken into account, like leaver has to be gone for a certain part of the game. Leave in the last 5 mins wont count.
& players should be actively encouraged to mute & report flamers after match, not to leave match that makes flamer win cause victim cant even report. Flamers will FIND thier excuse, adding one more to partialy recompense teams with leavers is a fair trade. It will fix more problems than it cause.
This is not about just discouraging leaver but also a compensation for those who had to suffer for them.

Onizuka

10-27-2014

It doesnt matter what the requirement is, it will still make people try to make others leave. And there is no need to compensate players for leaver because you are bound to have leavers both on your and enemy team.

You say flamers will find their excuse, one more is nothing, I say flamers will find their excuse, there is no need to add another one. And it wont fix the problem, just because you lose less LP? It doesnt really matter, because then you will win some LP thanks to enemy leaver. It is the promotion where it matters, and it wont fix that.